You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ordinary Harrison v Michael Sprott

edited April 2010 in The Shed
How these 2 fighters deserve a shot at the European Heavyweight title completely baffles me, it's up there with Tony Blair being made Middle East Peace Envoy. Anyway, it's still a boxing match so i'll watch it and put money on it.

When Harrison 1st burst onto the scene and won his Olympic gold medal he seemed to have all the attributes to make a top pro. He came across as being articulate, talked a lot of sense whenever interviewed and had the athletic build and height and a great jab. The thing that seems to let him down is he is a boxer who doesn't like to fight. Take him into the trenches and have a war with him and he doesn't have the heart to come through. He's been really poor and has bored the British fight fans for far too long. For some reason he actually thinks he's good enough to win a world title. This guy is as deluded as those loony tunes who enter the X Factor and think they can sing.

He's been targeting David Haye recently, obviously trying to get into the limelight off the back of David's success. Yesterday he basically said if they had a fight we both know what the outcome would be, he didn't give an outcome himself but he was making out it would be a victory to him. Anyone who follows boxing knows what the outcome would be, Haye would destroy him.

Onto tonight's fight: When these 2 met a few years ago Harrison was having the better of the early rounds but then Sprott caught him with a peach melba of a punch and sparked him out. Harrison seems to have gained a bit of confidence though after winning the Heavyweight Prizefighter competition so my thoughts are he will dominate with the jab and these will have an accumaltive effect, so i can't see it going the distance. I might have a round bet later but for the moment i'm just going for Harrison to win at 1/2.

Good luck to anyone having a bet on the boxing.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Think i'll just watch....can't rely on Audrey or Sprott to turn up
  • edited April 2010
    I would love to see Hayes and Harrison but I doubt it will ever happen, they use to be good friends until hayes would'nt let Harrison on his undercard and Harrison is very bitter about it
  • edited April 2010
    Don`t know what odds Sprot is ???, but if he is better than

Audrey (from CORRIE ST ) then I would put my make believe house on him !!!.

BRING BACK ALF ROBERTS he would do

ORDINARY...HARRISON
  • edited April 2010
    Darren Barker is fighting Affif Belghecham for the vacant European Middleweight title tonight. Barker is 1/20 on skybet so there's no value there. He's 4/6 to win by any method rounds 1-12 so that could be worth a few squid.
  • edited April 2010
    Good weekend of boxing. At 2am Sunday morning(could be start of coverage, not actual fight time) Andre Berto takes on Carlos Quintana in a defense of his WBC Welterweight title. Berto is a class act, hence his 1/5 odds, so again a bet on a win by any method rounds 1-12 could be a decent call at evens.

Good grief, letting down the good weekend of boxing is another battle of the grandads. Evander Holyfield v Frans Botha. You've got to question why this fight is allowed to happen. Holyfield already suffers from badly slurred speech, shame he didn't have any ability to handle the huge amounts of cash that he made in his prime because he's gonna end up being a complete cabbage by the time he's 50. :-(
  • edited April 2010
    I've stuck 50p on an Audrey win in round 5. 12/1
  • edited April 2010
    I have placed a £1 bet on Audrey to win in round 7.
  • edited April 2010
    What a chump Harrison is. He's as close to a world title shot as i am.

Audley Harrison - Floats like a butterball and stings like a flea!
  • edited April 2010

WHAT THE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT AN IDIOT SPROTT IS!!!!!! WHAT WAS HE PLAYING AT?????????

IM NO BOXING EXPERT....BUT DIDNT HE ONLY HAVE TO STAY ON HIS FEET TO WIN???

WOW !!!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Ordinary Harrison v Michael Sprott:
    WHAT THE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AN IDIOT SPROTT IS!!!!!! WHAT WAS HE PLAYING AT????????? IM NO BOXING EXPERT....BUT DIDNT HE ONLY HAVE TO STAY ON HIS FEET TO WIN??? WOW !!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I agree with all of the above. Can't stop laughing though and my bet came in :-)
  • edited April 2010
    haha nice one mate - Im an ultra wimp though, I hate watching high stakes cash games online where a bloke gets crushed - coz I feel sorry for him!

So watching the guy get sparked out like that, and the docs rush on, I had to turn over, thought I may have just witnessed someone die! haha

God job the only thing Ive ever punched is a door! :)

• edited April 2010
    Darren Barker up next. Real classy fighter, technically gifted with really good power. Should be mixing it up at world level soon.
  • edited April 2010
    What a fight this is between Barker and Belghecham. Really enjoying this, it's a war!
  • edited April 2010
    Glad i didn`t put my imaginary house on  Sprott.
    What was the bloke up to??.
    Only had to last the final round and he gets knocked out by a one handed numpty.
    Fair play though to Harrison,he did win.(but i still don`t know how) 

UNBELIEVABLE....