You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKIPT - Cov - Updates

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

A few of the big hitters, James, Brwnndog, Dan, Nutter are playing this event in Cov, I believe its a £500 buy in, with loads of big names.

Like I said theres loads of big sky poker names, and Dylan12 is there too (lol) - he's giving me updates of how the guys are getting on - If your interested in any of the guys, how theyre doing etc - check this thread.

First update is that Bdog was sat with Vicky Coren - and she bust first level! Not sure if he bust her??

Shall write on here when I get chip counts/hands etc.

DOHH

Comments

• edited April 2010
    N1 Doh - thanks
  • edited April 2010

Thanks Doh-should be intresting
  • edited April 2010
    yeah should be very interesting, hopefully sky poker players can run deep.
  • edited April 2010

Okay update from first break....

Browndog -20k
    Dntb - 20k
    Ben Nutter - 14k
    Wil Brewin - 12k
    Dylan - 12k

Have a hand through from Dylan he laid down pocket 9s on a 5 4 7 2 board - he folded the turn, it was 3 ways, one guy had a set of 5's - the other guy, a set of 4's......Was a 24k pot so the pocket 5's guy must be pretty big now......

Nice lay down from the Welshman - Have replied asking about starting stacks and blind levels - but seems the guys are going pretty well.

• edited April 2010
    Wow the UK Independence Party have started running poker tournies??!! ;-)

• edited April 2010
    OK 2nd update - it was 15k starting stack btw....

Dantb - 7k

DYLAN 10K

Will - 20k +

Browndog is "Quote" - Massive lolaround the 30k mark.

Nuter just gone out.

Dylan just took a big hit to his stack losing with pocket 7s to pocket queens on a 3, 9, 7, J, Q board.

River went check - check - god knows how he got out of that one alive!

• edited April 2010
    Thanks for the updates Dohhhh, I was meant to go down a few days earlier to try satellite in for £50....Looks like it's a good tournament! How many runners started off mate?
  • edited April 2010
    many thanks for updates DOHHHHHHH

and gl to all sky players who are still in
  • edited April 2010

I dunno how many runners ADS but this is day 1b - so alot probz....

I think James played yesterday not sure how he got on - think Dylan said he was still in though. 

• edited April 2010
    James finished on just under 20k yesterday
  • edited April 2010
    They are on second break with 153 players left.
  • edited April 2010
    Sounds like a huge even then....Good luck Sky Runners!
  • edited April 2010
    Good luck all sky players!
    Thanks for updates Dohhhh
  • edited April 2010
    COME ON BROWNNDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    Just woke up ! 3 updates here's the summary....

I think this is a Welsh word...'tamping' ? -  I guess it means fuming in English, as Dylan is "tamping" after he gets it all in pre flop against the big stack with pocket Queens, v pocket 5's - and the guy binks his 2 outer.

Would have had 34k if held....ouch !

Browndog 35k, Will 25k, Dan 17k at the dinner break....

Dylan and Nutter entered a side event for....£110 .....alongside ChirpyChip !!

DOHH

• edited April 2010
    come brownn,, keep donking em :P,, last i knew he was still in at 11 ish will try and look now
  • edited April 2010
    Just got in and saw this so thought I would give an update. Of the sky players only me, James and Will have survived to day 2, which commences at 2pm tomorrow.

Chips counts are:

Me: 20k and some change
    James: 19,700
    Will: 15k
  • edited April 2010
    fair play guys,, 400/800 when they return i think,,, 25 BB,, still loads of play with 20k,, good luck both,,, 

PS-- i think joe quinton will win it... he has 100 chips left when tommorows action continues :P
  • edited April 2010
    Must do better lads :-)

Tell James from me he needs to top up his tan pls ta.
  • edited April 2010
    Nice updates Doh lol!! Yes "tamping" is a Welsh word for "fuming", and yes I was tamping when he made the call with 5's or 4's whatever it was - but hey that's poker - I wanted the call when I saw his cards and unfortunatley lady luck wasn't on my side today :( The event itself is pretty soft to be fair, some great players but a load of weaker opponents who have never played live before which was evident with some of the play I witnessed today. Dan somehow managed to get down to 7K at one point (how he didn't lose his stack i don't know) he flat called every street I think when he had KK on a Q high board - villain had AA!!

Myself, I thought I played very well - made some big lay downs - especially the 99 hand - I was the aggressor and lost 4K in total but could havve been a lot worse if I hadn't slowed down on the turn and folded. My 7set also knocked 4/5K off my stack - the guy checked call me on flop and turn and when he checked the river with a big grin on his face - I said to him "you have JJ or QQ in your hand don't you" - his smile went and he went as red as a beetroot, so I check and see the QQ :( Grinded all the way through, and eventually found a spot to get 5K with 10 10 on a 865 2 board - I raise pre flop 2 from the cut off, button flats, after flop I bet 1.2K - he flats, on turn I bet 1.8K and he re raises to 4K - I tank for a minute and shove the rest of my stack in and he instantly folds :) Won a couple of other 1/2K pots - just targeted the inexperienced ones (if they hit the flop they bet and check when they missed) so took a few of them to get me back to 17K - and then the QQ hand... I was the button in this hand - UTG raises to 1.2K, guy next to me flat calls and I re raise to 3.8K, UTG folds, guy next to me re raises me to 8K (He had over 50K i think), I think the hand through and the plays he had made in other hands and decide that he hasn't got AA or KK, hard to describe how I knew that - it was easy at the time but I can't describe the reads I had on this player - anyway I shove the rest of my 17K in the middle fully expecting him to fold and I would happily take what was in the middle (around 10K of the other players money including the Binds) anyway the guy tanks it and his response to me was " I feel lucky mate and I think you have AK so Im ahead" and calls with his 44's or 55's - I don't remember - 4 on the flop - goodnight me - 36K pot that would have got me through to Day 2 easily - but hey ho, that's the way it goes.

Back tommorrow to rail the other guys and hope they can go deep into the cash :)
  • edited April 2010
    ul Dylan and the other fallers.
    gl to those still standing.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: UKIPT - Cov - Updates:
    Just got in and saw this so thought I would give an update. Of the sky players only me, James and Will have survived to day 2, which commences at 2pm tomorrow. Chips counts are: Me: 20k and some change James: 19,700 Will: 15k
    Posted by BrownnDog

all the very best of luck to you all

Kind regards

debbie
  • edited April 2010
    thts a shocker dylan,,,  was he somewhere a day early and wanted to play poker to kill some time and this event fitted his schedule... thats so bad
  • edited April 2010
    All the best guys
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: UKIPT - Cov - Updates:
    Nice updates Doh lol!! Yes "tamping" is a Welsh word for "fuming", and yes I was tamping when he made the call with 5's or 4's whatever it was - but hey that's poker - I wanted the call when I saw his cards and unfortunatley lady luck wasn't on my side today :( The event itself is pretty soft to be fair, some great players but a load of weaker opponents who have never played live before which was evident with some of the play I witnessed today. Dan somehow managed to get down to 7K at one point (how he didn't lose his stack i don't know) he flat called every street I think when he had KK on a Q high board - villain had AA!! Myself, I thought I played very well - made some big lay downs - especially the 99 hand - I was the aggressor and lost 4K in total but could havve been a lot worse if I hadn't slowed down on the turn and folded. My 7set also knocked 4/5K off my stack - the guy checked call me on flop and turn and when he checked the river with a big grin on his face - I said to him "you have JJ or QQ in your hand don't you" - his smile went and he went as red as a beetroot, so I check and see the QQ :( Grinded all the way through, and eventually found a spot to get 5K with 10 10 on a 865 2 board - I raise pre flop 2 from the cut off, button flats, after flop I bet 1.2K - he flats, on turn I bet 1.8K and he re raises to 4K - I tank for a minute and shove the rest of my stack in and he instantly folds :) Won a couple of other 1/2K pots - just targeted the inexperienced ones (if they hit the flop they bet and check when they missed) so took a few of them to get me back to 17K - and then the QQ hand... I was the button in this hand - UTG raises to 1.2K, guy next to me flat calls and I re raise to 3.8K, UTG folds, guy next to me re raises me to 8K (He had over 50K i think), I think the hand through and the plays he had made in other hands and decide that he hasn't got AA or KK, hard to describe how I knew that - it was easy at the time but I can't describe the reads I had on this player - anyway I shove the rest of my 17K in the middle fully expecting him to fold and I would happily take what was in the middle (around 10K of the other players money including the Binds) anyway the guy tanks it and his response to me was " I feel lucky mate and I think you have AK so Im ahead" and calls with his 44's or 55's - I don't remember - 4 on the flop - goodnight me - 36K pot that would have got me through to Day 2 easily - but hey ho, that's the way it goes. Back tommorrow to rail the other guys and hope they can go deep into the cash :)
    Posted by dylan12
    Thanks for this Dylan

Sounds like you had an eventful day, and that you were reading players well and playing well but what you cant account for is those pesky poker gods. (sometimes they are with you sometimes not) Another time youll go deep in one of these Dylan im sure.

Please wish the others well from me.

thanks

hoggers

• edited April 2010
    Wish I was there, sounds like my kind of tournament. Unlucky Dylan mate ! And good luck to James,Will and Dog.
  • edited April 2010

JAMES out in 64th. Well played anyway. DOH!......where are your updates mate?.....how many get paid etc etc???
  • edited April 2010

Ive had no messages today!!!!

Dylans probli gone out last night, ended underneath a Nottingham Naughty and aint got outta bed yet !!