You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Howard Webb the best referee in England?

edited April 2010 in The Shed
You're 'aving a larfffffffffff!

I've heard his missus does a bit of reffing and on recent performances he's not even the best in his own family!!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    So far he's failed to give Villa a bleedin' obvious pen and failed to send JT (keep it in your pants, son) off for a legbreaker on Milner.
  • edited April 2010
    I think he's brill, waiting on chelsea for a six timer up lool
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Howard Webb the best referee in England?:
    I think he's brill, waiting on chelsea for a six timer up lool
    Posted by loonytoons
    Webb's got a big bet on them too
  • edited April 2010
    So far he's failed to give Villa a bleedin' obvious pen and failed to send JT (keep it in your pants, son) off for a legbreaker on Milner.
    Posted by Seagull158
    if that were a stoke player he would of been off.....ohhh the paranoia
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Howard Webb the best referee in England? : if that were a stoke player he would of been off.....ohhh the paranoia
    Posted by stokefc
    Just cos its paranoia doesn't mean its not true! Disgusting tackle and he should've got a straight red.
  • edited April 2010
    The unfortunate truth about JT's tackle (oh the fun the pun writers will have tomorrow) is that if he'd broken Milner's leg, it would've been sending off but thankfully because he didn't, he got away with it - much worse than Shawcross on Ramsey and what I'd call the traditional '"leg breaker" challenge which was only avoided because Milner's leg wasn't planted! As for Webb, it's another poor display - he gets far too many decisions wrong and the whole "our best referee" tag comes from his presence on the pitch more than his ability in my opinion! He actually manages the game quite well if you think of the occasions where he's spotted players about to square up to each other so steps in/pulls them away before it properly kicks off - however that's only small part of his job and his poor decisions are probably to blame for most of the frustrations boiling over which he then does well to subdue! 

It's like shooting someone and then going "don't worry I know first aid..."
  • edited April 2010
    Football Officials in this country are SHOCKING. Would be interesting if a bounce game could be organised.....

Seriously....11 V 11, behind closed doors....Reds versus Blues or something but the players wear balaclavas or gimp-masks or something so the officials don't know if its New Year or New York (in a manner of speaking)

Would be interesting to see the decisions awarded. (or not awarded)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Howard Webb the best referee in England? : Just cos its paranoia doesn't mean its not true! Disgusting tackle and he should've got a straight red.
    Posted by Seagull158
    i agree with you m8 i was looking at it through my red and white tinted specs :)
  • edited April 2010
    Alan wiley aint too good either, just got back from wembley. Not only did he disallow a certain goal He also booked 2 players for slipping on a very poor pitch.

How England can make wembley a fortress with the condition of that pitch I dont know.

PS this is'nt a moan about losing lol, Pompey deserved it
  • edited April 2010
    Alan wiley aint too good either, just got back from wembley. Not only did he disallow a certain goal He also booked 2 players for slipping on a very poor pitch. How England can make wembley a fortress with the condition of that pitch I dont know. PS this is'nt a moan about losing lol, Pompey deserved it
    Posted by COCASIRF
    No they didn't! We were easily the better team but...

Dawson fell over (due to the pitch) to let Pompey score from nothing, Wiley's sees a ghost foul on James for the equaliser (even James was smiling sheepishly at the fans behind the goal afterwards, he couldn't believe he'd gotten away with it) and then Wiley gives a pen clearly missing the fact that Palacios got the ball.

Just to confirm Spurs were the better team, Portsmouth's man of the match was Ricardo Rocha!

Yes I'm still sick and bitter lol.
  • edited April 2010
    HOWARD WEBB=
    BIG HOLE,
    DARK NIGHT,
    GUN & SPADE.

JOB DONE.