You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HOW TO MAKE A STEW.....

edited April 2010 in The Shed

Right got a slow cooker...

Ive looked all over the web, for proper instructions - in language I understand...

Im not bothered about herbs or any of this nonsense...No coriander, basil, bay leaves, I dont even think Ive got any pepper!!

If I went out and bought the stuff these people say to buy, id end up spending a fortune, and wud probably have to go to China to get it !!!

2 things.....stock/water/gravy or all 3??? If so ....when do I put it in?

And do I have to fry the meat first? - If so - Why??

Cheerz!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    why dont you pierce the film lid and stick it in the micro-wave ;)
  • edited April 2010

lol im trying to better myself !!! But its looking like the old birdseye beef stew with boulder dumplings is the better bet.

Anyone ever make a cook book for the food simpleton?

Meat and gravy !!!

Northern boys love gravy ;)
  • edited April 2010
    peel and chop potato and boil for about 25mins. Also fry mince so it doesnt break up in stock. Throw it all in a pan with a tin of carrots and cover with beef stock. Bring back to boil and then simmer for another 20mins. Or just send out for a pizza!
  • edited April 2010

Yeh I wish they were open all day Donut - its rubbish you have to wait till 5 to order...

There's definitely a gap in the market for someone there.
  • edited April 2010
    LOL Nip down to Iceland lots of good pizzas there cheap but very tasty! :) You can get the beers in at the same times! Happy days! In Response to Re: HOW TO MAKE A STEW.....:
    Yeh I wish they were open all day Donut - its rubbish you have to wait till 5 to order... There's definitely a gap in the market for someone there.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited April 2010
    For god's sake DOHHHHHHH ... the emergency number is 01302 761200

Good luck!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW TO MAKE A STEW.....:
    http://www.dominos.co.uk/ourstores/Doncaster.aspx
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Let's hope we got to him in time...

• edited April 2010
    Go to yourirish.com and they give you a really easy step by step guide for idiots on how to make Irish stew, it worked for me!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to HOW TO MAKE A STEW.....:Place the beef in a cass
    1. pour over 500ml good ale
    2. Add 1 bottle red wine
    3. Cook at 190 for 1 hour
    4. Add a nice glass of dry cider
    5. Bin the beef and drink the gravy
    6. Phone a pizza
    Sorted m8 hoped this helped
    Right got a slow cooker... Ive looked all over the web, for proper instructions - in language I understand... Im not bothered about herbs or any of this nonsense...No coriander, basil, bay leaves, I dont even think Ive got any pepper!! If I went out and bought the stuff these people say to buy, id end up spending a fortune, and wud probably have to go to China to get it !!! 2 things.....stock/water/gravy or all 3??? If so ....when do I put it in? And do I have to fry the meat first? - If so - Why?? Cheerz!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to HOW TO MAKE A STEW.....:Place the beef in a cass
    1. pour over 500ml good ale
    2. Add 1 bottle red wine
    3. Cook at 190 for 1 hour
    4. Add a nice glass of dry cider
    5. Bin the beef and drink the gravy
    6. Phone a pizza
    Sorted m8 hoped this helped
    Right got a slow cooker... Ive looked all over the web, for proper instructions - in language I understand... Im not bothered about herbs or any of this nonsense...No coriander, basil, bay leaves, I dont even think Ive got any pepper!! If I went out and bought the stuff these people say to buy, id end up spending a fortune, and wud probably have to go to China to get it !!! 2 things.....stock/water/gravy or all 3??? If so ....when do I put it in? And do I have to fry the meat first? - If so - Why?? Cheerz!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited April 2010

Ive been offline all afternoon, log on, and find information about how to anything BUT make a stew !!!

Ive checked that link out though - gonna order from them on Tuesday ! :)

I'm increadably sexist, where are all the women? C'mon smiler .....in the words of Delia Smith herself...

"Whereeeeeee Areeeee Youuuuuu ???" - *Snarl*

DOHH :)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW TO MAKE A STEW.....:
    Yeh I wish they were open all day Donut - its rubbish you have to wait till 5 to order... There's definitely a gap in the market for someone there.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You should move down to the big smoke Doh, nearly all outlets deliver from 12pm down here, some even from 11.30am! 8- />
  • edited April 2010
    a pound of lamb chump chops--some spuds some carrots an onion--herbs de provence--1 teaspoon--teaspoon of salt--cover with water---put an oxo in when it boils-----45 mins --even nicer next day
  • edited April 2010

I am Mullered Dohhhhhhh.....Pot Noodles are the Future

• edited April 2010
    Okay, here goes...

pack of stewing beef
    1 x can ale
    1 x onion
    2 x carrots
    1 x large potato
    (any other veg lurking around can also be chucked in)
    2 x oxo beef
    1 x oxo veg
    a tin of tomatoes is always good if you have one knocking around..

So.....After you have washed, peeled & chopped all the veg, chuck it all into the slow cooker with the beef, ale, oxo's, tomatoes...DO NOT ADD ANY WATER

stir, cover and leave slow cooker on medium..then you just need to leave the house for 8 hours...when you return home you'll have something resembling a decent stew (for a slow cooker!!!)

If it needs thickening add a bit of gravy powder, or corn flour (if you have any...)

TOP TIP - if you buy your veggie prewashed and chopped the prep with take you about 3 mins!!!

Good Luck Sir x

• edited April 2010
    My slow cooker has gone to Sainsburys, so had a go at making a Stew myself.

Worked out quite well, I think.

Do I win £5?
  • edited April 2010
    first tenderize ( wife plenty off meat on her) then cut into smallish pieces, add stock and what ever veg u like and slow cook for 4 hours ( then eat next day ) always tastier, and you`ll enjoy all the flavours ( that u have not had after 11yrs of marriage) lol