You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

who no the best way to play ( AA ) pre flop!! ie utg..

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
please help i think i did right by goin all in .. blind 75- 150 5 flat calls to me . i pushed all in got called bye KQ hearts he hits trip Ks any help would be gratfull ;)

Comments

• edited July 2009
    From any position I'm raising or re-raising strong - none of this min-raise nonsense - and if that means all-in then fine. I have no problem getting all my chips in pre-flop with the best starting hand! And I only ever really want one opponent.
    What follows is down to the gods, and that's who stuffed you this time......

• edited July 2009
    In Response to who no the best way to play ( AA ) pre flop!! ie utg..:
    please help i think i did right by goin all in .. blind 75- 150 5 flat calls to me . i pushed all in got called bye KQ hearts he hits trip Ks any help would be gratfull ;)
    Posted by BULL
    why fold mick tho when utg is i admit a rubbish  place to be . but we AA pushin all IN WAS THE ONLY WAY DONT U THINK
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: who no the best way to play ( AA ) pre flop!! ie utg..:
    From any position I'm raising or re-raising strong - none of this min-raise nonsense - and if that means all-in then fine. I have no problem getting all my chips in pre-flop with the best starting hand! And I only ever really want one opponent. What follows is down to the gods, and that's who stuffed you this time......
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    cheer's nosey my thoughts exactly ..i think i did oki there
  • edited July 2009
    You've done nothing wrong !!! 

This game is a great leveler, it sometimes question's your resolve, however over the years you learn that you will have to take the good and the bad it's called PAIN !!

glk benny
  • edited July 2009
    Excuse my ignorance, but I'm a little confused.  I thought if you were utg you went first? So not sure how it can flat call round to you.

Anyway I think you've got to be raising really strong in any case if the whole field is flat calling you want to shake most of them off.
  • edited July 2009
    Excuse my ignorance, but I'm a little confused.  I thought if you were utg you went first? So not sure how it can flat call round to you. Anyway I think you've got to be raising really strong in any case if the whole field is flat calling you want to shake most of them off.
    Posted by repton3
    u rught there  sry ..utg i flat call then its round to me sry bout that!!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: who no the best way to play ( AA ) pre flop!! ie utg.. : u rught there  sry ..utg i flat call then its round to me sry bout that!!
    Posted by BULL
    Hi Bull does that mean that you only pushed on the flop?
    If that is the caes, then you allowed inferior hands in with the preflop call, so live with it.
    Yes for your opponent to hit 2 pair is a pain but if you had pushed preflop and got called by KQthen its a bad beat, but not in this case, sorry. It could quite easily have been called by any connecting hand that connected with the flop, ending in the same result.
    The only way you could play different is to put in meaty raise to get rid of the lesser hands.

col 

• edited July 2009
    Im lost! You flat call under the gun, someone raises with KQ (for how much?) and you call or do you reraise? Are all the chips in before the flop? How many chips do you each have? If not how does the betting go until the chips go all in?
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: who no the best way to play ( AA ) pre flop!! ie utg.. : Hi Bull does that mean that you only pushed on the flop? If that is the caes, then you allowed inferior hands in with the preflop call, so live with it. 
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Interesting question, Col. My own reading / assumption was that it was all-in pre (because of the title), and my response was based purely on pre-flop play, but I may have got that wrong - I have had a few this afternoon :-D haha

• edited July 2009
    Hi again Bull,
    To get a full picture of an hands you really need to give all the information, ie
    blind levels, chip count, positions on the table of all players, are any of the players loose or tight, no of runners and the position in tourny, what type of tourny.
    Then you will get a proper answer by your fellow players.
    col
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: who no the best way to play ( AA ) pre flop!! ie utg.. : u rught there  sry ..utg i flat call then its round to me sry bout that!!
    Posted by BULL
    THX COL  took on board m8
  • edited July 2009
    Hi again Bull, To get a full picture of an hands you really need to give all the information, ie blind levels, chip count, positions on the table of all players, are any of the players loose or tight, no of runners and the position in tourny, what type of tourny. Then you will get a proper answer by your fellow players. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    gee wish we had the facility to bring hand history to this lol .cheers guy's
  • edited July 2009
    im startin to hate AA, busted out v JJ in the open :(