You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AMAZING DAY

edited April 2010 in The Shed
WENT TO WEMBLEY YESTERDAY AND IT WAS A TRULEY FANTASTIC DAY THE PRE MATCH ATMOSPHERE,THE GAME AND THE CELEBRATIONS. I WENT TO BOTH GAMES AT WEMBLY IN 2008 AND THIS WAS BETTER.
HAVING SPENT THE PREVIOUS DAY SEEING JEFF STELLING PREDICTING WE WOULD LOOSE 4-0 AND OUR OLD CHUM LE TOSSIER SAYING WE WOULD STRUGGLE TO GET INTO THERE HALF.
THE FANTASTIC SUPPORT GIVEN TO OUR BOYS AND THE PERFORMANCE THEY PUT IN WAS MAGNIFICENT.

THE ONLY DOWN POINT WAS THE WAY THE SPURS FANS WERE AT HALF TIME AND FULL TIME WE ROSE AND GAVE OUR TEAM A ROUSING SHOW OF APPRCIATION AND SUPPORT. THE SPURS FANS DID NOTHING AS SOON AS THE PENALTY WAS GIVEN THEY ALL LEFT AT THE END THERE WAS ABOUT 1000 LEFT. I KNOW THAT EVEN IF WE HAD LOST OUR END WOULD STILL BE FULL AND WE WOULD HAVE GIVEN OUR BOYS APPLAUSE FOR THERE EFFORTS.

AVRAM GRANT PUT UP A SIGN IN OUR DRESSING ROOM PRE MATCH WHICH SAID

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD AND GREAT IS EXTRA EFFORT

TO ALL YOU SPURS FANS THAT MEANS FROM YOU TOO

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Good Stuff BADBOY.....I am sure that even a Spurs Fan would not begrudge Pompey a bit of Joy after the recent problems
  • edited April 2010

Nice post BADBOY & great result and day out for you. Its nice to see hard core footy fans backing their side in hard times!. I support Stoke for my sins and teams like ours get fantastic backing from the fans. It really does make me laugh seeing 'fans' of some of the other 'bigger' clubs leaving grounds early if their team are losing!!

Hope Pompey go on and win the cup for those loyal fans you have and more importantly, get things sorted off the pitch in summer and next season and then perhaps you might just bounce back up like Newcastle and West Brom have done this season!!
  • edited April 2010

Great result for you guys - enjoy the final ! - I reckon every non-chelsea fan in the UK will be behind Pompey that day.

Must add I was very disappointed in Harry having a go at the pitch in a Fergie/Wenger type rant. With the players he had available Spurs should have cruised into the final - he has only himself and his players to blame!

Wel chuffed for O Hara too, who I think will be a really top player 1 day!

Play up Popeyyyyyyy !!!

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: AMAZING DAY:
    Great result for you guys - enjoy the final ! - I reckon every non-chelsea fan in the UK will be behind Pompey that day. Must add I was very disappointed in Harry having a go at the pitch in a Fergie/Wenger type rant. With the players he had available Spurs should have cruised into the final - he has only himself and his players to blame! Wel chuffed for O Hara too, who I think will be a really top player 1 day! Play up Popeyyyyyyy !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    the pitch is poor though a couple of slips as players were moving into a tackle could have resulted in injuries.
    the pitch imo sums up the fa looks very impressive but when it comes down to it not fit for purpose.
  • edited April 2010
    pleased for ya pal...lets hope you beat chelski now and you,ve got great fans
  • edited April 2010
    Hope Pompey do them BadBoy, would make me one happy lad. Deserve some good news anyways.