You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Midweek footy betting (12th > 14th)

edited April 2010 in The Shed
A few games to get stuck into this midweek & I'm sure I'm not the only who's hoping the tide will turn with some of these freaky results that have been happening all season. Here are my picks for the midweek games.

Swindon to beat Exeter (H) @ 4/9 (playing tonight)
Huddersfield to beat Walsall (H) @ 1/2
Norwich to beat Leyton Orient (A) @ 4/5
Notts Co to beat Lincoln (H) @ 1/3
Rochdale to beat Darlington (H) @ 2/7

These 5 are currently paying 11/2 (& ~7/2 if you miss tonight's game)

Swindon were the better team at Colchester on Saturday & got done against the run of play so can count themselves unlucky. Unfortunately for them that defeat has cost them their hold on the 2nd automatic place & this is an ideal game to get back on track. They're up against an Exeter side who have only won 2 from 20 on the road all season. They have drawn 4 of their last 6 away but 3 of these were against sides in & around them in the relegation zone. Swindon don't lose many at home & this should be a banker.
Likewise, Huddersfield are also strong at home. They've only lost one at the Galpharm which came at the hands of leaders Norwich. At a glance their recent home form looks a little shaky with 4 draws & 1 defeat in their last 6 there. Look a bit closer however & it's not actually that bad. Three of those draws came against teams also pushing for promotion (Charlton, Leeds & Swindon) & as mentioned already the defeat was against the league leaders. Walsall are safe in mid table with little to play for now. Although not mathematically safe from relegation, realistically they are as they're 13 points clear with only 15 left to play for. They've also only won 6 from 20 away from as well.
Norwich will be looking to secure not only promotion but the league title as well, as quickly as possible. They had a disappointing result at home to MK Dons on Saturday but they should be able to overcome an out of form Orient side who only have 1 win in their last 13 home & away (7 defeats). Their last outing at The Matchroom Stadium saw them go down 1-3 to a Hartlepool team who have been less than impressive on their travels themselves.
Notts County are looking to keep the pressure on leaders Rochdale. They're currently 2 points behind with a game in hand & are unbeaten in 12 home & away. Lincoln only have 1 win in their last 6 away from home & I can't see them getting any joy here either.
Rochdale boss Keith Hill was fuming after Saturday's humiliation at Torquay & will be demanding an immediate response at home to basement boys Darlington. Despite the recent pick up in form from Darlington I just cannot see them getting anything from a trip to Spotland where they'll be facing a wounded animal h ell bent on getting their promotion push firmly back on track.

Good luck to everyone having a flutter

Jay

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Great timing Jay, i was just about to start this one up myself.

I'm going for a Swindon half time/full time tonight, pays evens. I'll post some more bets tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.
  • edited April 2010
    im backing stevenage 2 clear goals 4/5
  • edited April 2010
    What a gash start to my betting week. Hope Swindon show some bouncebackability and get you the win Jay.
  • edited April 2010
    What the h ell is going on?!?!? Think I might have to stop this for a while if these freaky results keep happening.

COME ON SWINDON FFS!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (12th > 14th):
    Great timing Jay, i was just about to start this one up myself. I'm going for a Swindon half time/full time tonight, pays evens. I'll post some more bets tomorrow. Good luck everyone.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Please spare us Quagmire mate. We beg you. ;0)
  • edited April 2010
    With so many crazy results at the moment,(to save money) I think everyone should just stick to singles+doubles.The lottery seems easier than getting a treble at the moment.eg. how many easy dirty dozen duck eggs did everyone get wrong. I like to make money at football, so I definately wont be doing anything above a double for the rest of the season. Hope this helps.  good luck everyone.
  • edited April 2010
    Its been taking me a few beers and three hail-marys to even look at a coupon in the last month.
  • edited April 2010
    Theres still money to be made.
      1/3 + 1/2  double pays Evens.
    2@ 4/6 pays just over 7/4.
    Look for these sort of bets, and hopefully avoid the crazy results.
  • edited April 2010
    Well I just couldn't help myself & have gone back for a little 4 way tonight.

Southampton to beat Bristol Rovers (A) @ 6/5
    Norwich to beat Orient (A) @ 4/5
    Millwall to beat Yeovil (A) @ 4/5
    Notts Co to beat Lincoln (H) @ 3/10

I'm getting 8/1 on these & I expect it'll probably be Notts County to let me down tonight, lol.

What I can't figure out though, is if you look through the divisions, pretty much all the teams the bookies expected to be fighting for silverware/promotion/relegation at the start of the season are there or thereabouts, yet it's been one crazy result after another all season.
  • edited April 2010

Main Acca:

Chelsea
    Aldershot
    Bournemouth
    Notts County
    AFC Wimbledon
    Luton
    York

Pays 9/1

Draw Acca:

Reading v Newcastle
    Bristol Rovers v Southampton
    Carlizzle v Leeds
    Southend v Brentford
    Grimsby v Chesterfield

Pays 480/1

Hope to get a win tonight after Swindon let me down last night.

If Chelsea don't beat Bolton tonight then i promise i'm not gonna stick another footy bet on for the rest of the season!

• edited April 2010
    A very frustrating week it seems for everyone as well as me. Im trying to rescue the situation tonight and have put an accumulator on some games! So I suppose here is my losing bet for tonight!

Athletico Madrid
    Barcelona
    Ajax
    Osasuna
    Stevenage
    Bordeaux
    Marseille
    Feyenoord

This pays 21/1 and I've put a few quid on. If my last few bets have been anything to go buy I reckon I have just picked out a few draws! gd luck everyone!
  • edited April 2010
    Try a couple of bets in the Spurs v Arsenal game.

Arsenal (-1) @ 3/1
    A player to be sent off in the 2nd Half @ 10/3
  • edited April 2010
    THINK SPURS WILL BEAT ARSENAL 2/1 LOOKS VERY MEATY FOR A SIDE WITH A VERY GOOD HOME RECORD AS I SAID BEFORE THEY PLAYED WOLVES WITHOUT FABREGAS,ARSHAVIN AND VAN PERSIE ARSENAL STRUGGLE TO CREATE AND IT TOOK THEM 94 MINUTES AND A DODGY SENDING OFF TO SEE OF WOLVES AT HOME.
    AS BOTH TEAMS REALLY MUST WIN OVER 2.5 GOALS AT 5/6 LOOKS A GOOD BET TOO.
  • edited April 2010
    I think all 3 Prem games are too close to call tonight so I've gone for all 3 to be draws. 3 x £1 doubles & a £1 treble. If 2 of them finish all square then I'm at least £5 in profit & should all 3 finish all square then the milky bars are on me as the treble is paying 41/1!! 
  • edited April 2010
    I think all 3 Prem games are too close to call tonight so I've gone for all 3 to be draws. 3 x £1 doubles & a £1 treble. If 2 of them finish all square then I'm at least £5 in profit & should all 3 finish all square then the milky bars are on me as the treble is paying 41/1!! 
    Posted by silentbob
    Not had a bet tonight!!! I know shock horror, but if I had id of gone for for 3 homes, good luck with ur bet m8
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by silentbob
    2/3 NICE WORK IF VAN PERSIE CAME ON TEN MINUTES EARLIER THINK YOU WOULD  HAVE GOT ALL 3.