You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

all in or folded

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
tonight i play poker in a local pub, on the turn 1 guy went all in i called this, i turned my cards over to showing i had hit trip 10s he then threw his cards face down to the dealer saying u have won to me...... the dealer played the river showing the other guy would have hit a flush.... I said its to late now as u folded! another guy said technically cause he all in it should have been played out...... i said no if he folds then its a fold..... who is correct?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    How can he fold when he is all in lol
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: all in or folded:
    How can he fold when he is all in lol
    Posted by BlackFish3
    well  he saw my cards and thought he had lost and folded them. yes i agree silly thing to do but my argument was he folded so i win?
  • edited April 2010
    technicaly  he cant fold as he has already gone all in, so dosnt matter what he said the cards have to play out. thats like saying im divorced but the papers havnt gone through yet lol
  • edited April 2010
    When the other player throws his cards in, he isn't folding, he's mucking.

In a tournament in an all in situation, players do NOT have the option to muck therefore he should have won the hand, unless the dealer is unable to retrieve his two cards from the muck pile.

It should have been the dealer's responsibility to turn over his hand before the river card was dealt.

If the player is unhappy at this and starts abusing the dealer, the dealer and/or the tournament director must then inform the player of the rules at an all-in in a tournament and take any necessary action against the player.

If this was a cash game, the muck would have stood as the only player affected is the players involved, however in a tournament, everyone at the table has an interest in who wins the hand, by showing the cards, it prevents any collusion (the other player mucking a winning hand so the other player wins chips they shouldn't have, giving him an unfair advantage).
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: all in or folded:
    When the other player throws his cards in, he isn't folding, he's mucking. In a tournament in an all in situation, players do NOT have the option to muck therefore he should have won the hand, unless the dealer is unable to retrieve his two cards from the muck pile. It should have been the dealer's responsibility to turn over his hand before the river card was dealt. If the player is unhappy at this and starts abusing the dealer, the dealer and/or the tournament director must then inform the player of the rules at an all-in in a tournament and take any necessary action against the player. If this was a cash game, the muck would have stood as the only player affected is the players involved, however in a tournament, everyone at the table has an interest in who wins the hand, by showing the cards, it prevents any collusion (the other player mucking a winning hand so the other player wins chips they shouldn't have, giving him an unfair advantage).
    Posted by Kevilfish
    thank you for this i will remember this :)