You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TRANSFER FIASCO - A SERIOUS BREACH OF THE RULES - RULING PLEASE (AND NOT FROM TIKAY)

I have just had a look at the rules on transfers and I believe that there is a case to answer!
These were the rules as stated at the beginning of the tournament:

Both myself, & whatsisname - DP is it? - have been allocated a Transfer Budget. It has to last for the WHOLE of TKO III, but we can spend it when we want, & on what or whom we want.

To make a Transfer from Team tikay to Team DPonk, or vice-versa.......

A "Bid" has to be made on a Forum Thread - we can maybe start a "TKO Transfer Thread"? - & ACCEPTED by the opposition Captain. To keep numbers balanced, a "makeweight" transfer has to go the opposite way.

The Transfer FEE goes to the transferred player who was the subject of the bid.

So, if I decided, for example, that I wanted, say, Phil12UK in my Team, & a bid of £10 was accepted, Phil gets the £10.

EACH TEAM has a total transfer budget of £100.

OK, so with regard to the "transfer" of Richard Orford there were a number of rules broken:
1) A "bid" has to be made on a forum thread - There was no OFFICIAL bid
2) The bid has to be accepted - It was not!
3) A makeweight transfer has to go the opposite way - There was not!

The third of these rule infringements is by far the most serious because it effectively put our team at a disadvantage! Regardless of finishing positions, the fact is that Team Tikay had more players!

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND ACTION MUST BE TAKEN!

In my opinion, the highest cash amount won by a Team Tikay player should be disregarded in the calculations for the winning team in Leg 3. I feel that, although this is a harsh penalty, it is the only way that we can stop this blatent rule breaking from happening again!

Many Thanks

Chris ;-)))

Comments

• edited April 2010

+1.....what he said ^^^^^^^^^
  • edited April 2010
    I want my £10 from Tikay :)
  • edited April 2010

"....3) A makeweight transfer has to go the opposite way - There was not!..."

Err, yes there was.

Next case.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: TRANSFER FIASCO - A SERIOUS BREACH OF THE RULES - RULING PLEASE (AND NOT FROM TIKAY):
    "....3) A makeweight transfer has to go the opposite way - There was not!..." Err, yes there was. Next case.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Re; When asked "who is joining the mighty green army" the reply was:
           "I got him on a Free. Bosman rules, OK?"

Case re-opened and requiring clarification!

Who, exactly, was "allegedly" playing for us in exchange then, huh????
  • edited April 2010
    I wholeheartedly agree with Diggerman.

I want OUT of Team Tikay- it was an illegal hostile transfer made without the player's consent and it impacted on his form last night.

I mean, 1532nd? Seriously! What kind of a result was that?

I would love to go back and play for the other team (no innunendoes please) so DP, please come and get me!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to TRANSFER FIASCO - A SERIOUS BREACH OF THE RULES - RULING PLEASE (AND NOT FROM TIKAY):
    The Transfer FEE goes to the transferred player who was the subject of the bid. So, if I decided, for example, that I wanted, say, Phil12UK in my Team, & a bid of £10 was accepted, Phil gets the £10.
    Posted by Tikay
    OMG!

Where's MY fee?

This is an outrage! I demand my money from Tikay!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: TRANSFER FIASCO - A SERIOUS BREACH OF THE RULES - RULING PLEASE (AND NOT FROM TIKAY):
    "....3) A makeweight transfer has to go the opposite way - There was not!..." Err, yes there was. Next case.
    Posted by Tikay10
    What??? My transfer came through????

I could have been told this last night, a simple phone call is the standard method however I would have accepted a forum posting in lieu...

Or was it t'other lucky blighter that got the transfer???

Confirmation required from confused.com 

x
  • edited April 2010
    Ahh, the sound of silence is quite deafening!!!!!!!!!
    No reply from Tikay as to who was "apparently" playing for the Green Army!!!!!!!
    Nothing at all from any official sources!!!!!!!
    No action taken for blatant rule-breaking!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING

NOT A SAUSAGE

NADA

NOWT

And to add insult to injury, the Tikay "highlights" (which, incidentally, were pretty much bang on in the previous two legs) seem to mysteriously have errors amounting to a £19.00 swing!
    Hmmmmm!

OH WELL, IT LOOKS LIKE NOTHING WILL BE DONE SO WE'LL JUST HAVE TO ANNIHILATE THE DODDERING DWEEBS IN THE NEXT LEG SO THAT ANY AMOUNT OF FUDGING AND CHEATING WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE THEM!!!!!!!

IF THEY WANNA FIGHT, THEY'VE GOT ONE!!!!!!!

GREEN ARRRRRRMMMMMMY

• edited April 2010
    Oh Yes........

AND GET TRIPS IN THIS TEAM NOW!!!!!!!!!!

;-)))
  • edited April 2010

Thank you fine and fair Mr Digger, However after delving very deep into the depths of the forum, buried in a deep dark corner I fear I have found the answer to transfer fiasco rule break 3 - see below...

TK's Receprical Offer For RIKKKKEYYYYYYY

Alas, unless another Craggy Islander decides to walk across a bridge, take a boat ride or catch the new craggy-train then I fear my chances are DOOOMED!!!!!

I am destined to remain unemployed.

Interestingly, with the return of Mrs Rich Kendall to the Burgundy Fields, the old fella has been skipping through the daisies singing 'I've got an Orfully Big Bag of Choo-Choo's'...Make of that what you will!!!

x
  • edited April 2010
    OK Orfy,

we'll take you back.
    but if it means i have to make a makeweight transfer, i don't think there's anyone on my team as "robust" as you, so i might have to loose 2 players!
    this would be unacceptable.
    unless of course you bring the heels and make-up back... then we'll talk.

and no, i won't pay anything for you.
    in fact, the £10 that TK owes you will now be disemminated to a DP player of your chosing.