You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

primo 12k??

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
ok im not a happy camper ive just noticed the primo has dropped from a 15k guaranteed prizepool to a 12k...
the primo is a tourney i play religiously every sunday and i know it gets more than enough runners to covor the prizepool so why the drop in the prize? even though entry remains the same? ...im aware there has been a few other threads about the 'guaranteed prize' being dropped in other tourneys, but the primo???
whats happenin here? how come all the guarantee's are gettin lowered? is sky havin some some of major financial problem? maybe some of the other tourneys in the week aint gettin the number of runners they used too, but the weekend im convinced the amount of players remains the same if not higher! the drop in the prizepool for the main 8pm tourney on a saturday annoyed me, but the primo bein dropped now really has wound me up! make it £55 entry fee again like it used to be if ur struggling as long as the prizepool remains the same i aint bothered!  i wont be playin it this week now just out of principle. ive posted quite alot on these forums and never once have i ever moaned about anything (well maybe once when the site crashed and i lost my buy-in to a tourney) but other than that never! i love playin here, its a great unique site with a crackin bunch of people! but this really has angered me. if skyrich or any of the other sky forum people could perhaps reply to this post with just a brief explanation or post something elsewhere on the forum informin players  why the prizepools are being dropped then that would be great. cheers -Andy 

Comments

• edited April 2010

Hi Eagle,

Tournament Guarantees are moved according to a whole range of market forces, & they move both up, & down.

Seasonal changes are the norm on all Online Poker Sites, & in the Spring & Summer, traffic levels tend to be lower, & in the Autumn & Winter they rebound. People complain when they are reduced in the Spring, everyone is happy when they are increased in the Autumn.

Increasing the buy-in to maintain guarantees is not a viable business model, it just does not work.

You are incorrect in stating it covers it's Guarantee evey week. Last Sunday's Primo, with a £15,000 Guarantee, attracted 458 runners, resulting in an overlay - which everyone loves - & a shortfall on the Guarantee of about £1,200, which was met. Proof indeed that a Guarantee does not necessarily attract runners.

That £1,200, which is funded by the Promotional Budget, can be better spent on a whole range of promotions right cross the Site, than being used to prop up a single Tournament.

Guarantees are also, quite often, reduced on Champions League nights.

Essentially, Prize Pools are the product of players Entry Fees, not subsidies, & this is the case on all Online Sites, & all Live poker, across the world.

I'm sorry to hear you won't be playing Primo this Sunday, but if enough runners decide to play it, there is no reason why the original £15,000 prize Pool will not be met. That, however, is unlikely.

I hope that soon you wiill resume, to use your words, religiously playing Primo every Sunday. 

Take care now.
  • edited April 2010
    Tikay

Remember the £50K Primo?
    What were the thoughts on that as a marketing tool Its been a few years since you did a £50K. I know Sky puts the money elsewhere such as TP etc so not moaning just wondered if there may be thoughts of a biggy in the future, also to consider is what about with the final table covered live rather then replayed later? I miss the finale of the game even when im not in it.

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: primo 12k??:
    Tikay Remember the £50K Primo? What were the thoughts on that as a marketing tool Its been a few years since you did a £50K. I know Sky puts the money elsewhere such as TP etc so not moaning just wondered if there may be thoughts of a biggy in the future, also to consider is what about with the final table covered live rather then replayed later? I miss the finale of the game even when im not in it. Keep Smiling HAL_9000
    Posted by HAL_9000
    if Sky did a one off 50k then it would break its guarantee.  so many live players/casual players will be up for playing in that tournie.  as long as its marketed early enough it would be a great tournie
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: primo 12k??:
    Hi Eagle,  Tournament Guarantees are moved according to a whole range of market forces, & they move both up, & down. Seasonal changes are the norm on all Online Poker Sites, & in the Spring & Summer, traffic levels tend to be lower, & in the Autumn & Winter they rebound. People complain when they are reduced in the Spring, everyone is happy when they are increased in the Autumn. Increasing the buy-in to maintain guarantees is not a viable business model, it just does not work. You are incorrect in stating it covers it's Guarantee evey week. Last Sunday's Primo, with a £15,000 Guarantee, attracted 458 runners, resulting in an overlay - which everyone loves - & a shortfall on the Guarantee of about £1,200, which was met. Proof indeed that a Guarantee does not necessarily attract runners. That £1,200, which is funded by the Promotional Budget, can be better spent on a whole range of promotions right cross the Site, than being used to prop up a single Tournament.   Guarantees are also, quite often, reduced on Champions League nights. Essentially, Prize Pools are the product of players Entry Fees, not subsidies, & this is the case on all Online Sites, & all Live poker, across the world. I'm sorry to hear you won't be playing Primo this Sunday, but if enough runners decide to play it, there is no reason why the original £15,000 prize Pool will not be met. That, however, is unlikely. I hope that soon you wiill resume, to use your words, religiously playing Primo every Sunday.  Take care now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for taking the time to reply Tikay, very much appreciated. I cant speak for the tourneys mid-week because i dont play them, but yeah it makes sense to drop the guarantee's whilst the champions league is on because obviously your not gettin enough runners! but im standing by comment about the primo - ok maybe last sunday the guarantee wasn't met and sky had to put a overlay down , but thats 1 week out of how many? sure if sky are having to put down a massive overlay down week after week then yes I would totally understand them droppin the guarantee, but its been one week! the number of runners this week will be lower than its ever been im sure because people wont wanna pay the same amount for a tourney with a 3k drop in the prizepool, what happens this week if the 12k isnt met? will it be dropped even more? I may be totally wrong about this as it seems im the only one who is bothered by it.
    I think this time last year the entry fee was £55 -15k guaranteed and it always had lots of runners, it then dropped to £33 about 6 months ago? and the prizepool remained 15k-happy days! obviously people are gonna be happy with that. but like i said in my previous post i would much rather have to pay that little bit extra for the tourney for a while whilst traffic is low (even though i dont really think it is!) and keep the guarantee rather than pay the same amount for a tourney with a lower guarantee! just my opinion anyway, rant over! 
    Anyway thanks again sir for finding the time to reply. all the best - Andy
  • edited April 2010
    would the vagas semis and finals have anything to do with the slight slip in numbers on sunday?