You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ive just found out why cash is so much better than dyms!!!

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Donkeyplop youuuuu luckkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyy lucky boy !!!!!!

Well done for seeing the light and dropping the DYM's - but make your raises proper raises !!! Especially with aces before the flop !!

Nice hand tho :)

Comments

• edited April 2010
    who said aces always lose!!!

after grinding away with dyms for a few months i decided to play some cash!!

all i can say is the futures bright the futures cash ;)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    council005 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.84
    miktrick Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.82
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Cozza82 Fold     
    donkeyplop Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £11.28
    xxxCall  £0.08 £0.22 £5.53
    blue1970 Fold     
    council005 Fold     
    miktrick Call  £0.04 £0.26 £3.78
    Flop

miktrick      
    donkeyplop Bet  £0.08 £0.34 £11.20
    xxx Call  £0.08 £0.42 £5.45
    miktrick Fold     
    Turn

donkeyplop Check     
    xxx Bet  £0.04 £0.46 £5.41
    donkeyplop Call  £0.04 £0.50 £11.16
    River

• A

donkeyplop Bet  £0.50 £1.00 £10.66
    xxx Raise  £1.00 £2.00 £4.41
    donkeyplop Raise  £1.00 £3.00 £9.66
    xxx Raise  £2.25 £5.25 £2.16
    donkeyplop Raise  £3.50 £8.75 £6.16
    xxx All-in  £2.16 £10.91 £0.00
    donkeyplop Call  £0.41 £11.32 £5.75
    donkeyplop Sho
    • A
    • A

xxx Show

donkeyplop Win Full House, Aces and 10s £10.76  £16.51
  • edited April 2010
    let me post that so you can see it!!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    council005 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.84
    miktrick Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.82
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Cozza82 Fold     
    donkeyplop Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £11.28
    xxxCall  £0.08 £0.22 £5.53
    blue1970 Fold     
    council005 Fold     
    miktrick Call  £0.04 £0.26 £3.78
    Flop

miktrick Check     
    donkeyplop Bet  £0.08 £0.34 £11.20
    xxx Call  £0.08 £0.42 £5.45
    miktrick Fold     
    Turn

donkeyplop Check     
    xxx Bet  £0.04 £0.46 £5.41
    donkeyplop Call  £0.04 £0.50 £11.16
    River

• A

donkeyplop Bet  £0.50 £1.00 £10.66
    xxx Raise  £1.00 £2.00 £4.41
    donkeyplop Raise  £1.00 £3.00 £9.66
    xxx Raise  £2.25 £5.25 £2.16
    donkeyplop Raise  £3.50 £8.75 £6.16
    xxx All-in  £2.16 £10.91 £0.00
    donkeyplop Call  £0.41 £11.32 £5.75
    donkeyplop Show
    • A
    • A

xxx Show

donkeyplop Win Full House, Aces and 10s £10.76  £16.51
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ive just found out why cash is so much better than dyms!!!:
    Donkeyplop youuuuu luckkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyy lucky boy !!!!!! Well done for seeing the light and dropping the DYM's - but make your raises proper raises !!! Especially with aces before the flop !! Nice hand tho :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    yeah maybe i should of raised more!

was thinking before the river here we go aces cracked yet again.......;)
  • edited April 2010
    yea ive just swictched back to cash and get nowhere near the suckouts you do in sitngoes. Game is alot more enjoyable and you select the hands you want to play rather than end up gambling because the blinds are so high. GL with the change m8
  • edited April 2010
    yeah thats very true.

i played a dym last night got to bubble and it didnt burst until level 12 and i lost out!!! sooooo frustrating
  • edited April 2010
    Nice pot donkeyplop.  For future reference though, you will get mullered playing nl4 like that, and prob quite a few other stakes.  Not avin a go or owt, but honestly, DO NOT play aces like that at nl4
  • edited April 2010
    Good luck with the transition and hope it goes well! I know you're not looking for comments on the hand itself but I don't particularly like your play...you want to be getting the maximum for your big hands and you only got that on this occasion because you hit bingo river card and found opponent who couldn't get away from their vulnerable hand! 

Pre flop I'm making it 3/4BB's minimum as you're going to get called by massive range of hands at this level so don't worry about scaring them off - build the pot now so you can bet bigger on later streets, committing marginal hands as you go! I'm betting the pot on that flop - it's draw heavy so charge straight/flush draws to hit and you'll still get action from other pocket pairs but don't be gutted about taking the pot down there...winning small pot is always better than losing big one! I'm not against slowing down on the turn however - check calling for pot control is ok but some would say betting again would be better as you're still allowing people to outdraw you and there's good chance you're still ahead...the river plays itself against this opponent's inability to see he's beat!

Your Aces won't hold up if you don't play them well (one pair always vulnerable until you're raking in the pot) so look to maximize these situations and then if you're unlucky when opponent hits miracle outs, at least you know it's because they did something wrong and not that you priced them into outdrawing you!
  • edited April 2010
    Ahh i'm a massive cash fan now also, no longer play DYM'S either.... Thank you Dylan for showing me the light! 
  • edited April 2010
    cheers for the adive.

i havnt been playing long and this advice is appreciated.

i know i didnt raise much pre flop but when the flop came i got a bit scared by the paired board so i slowed down.

yes i didnt play it great but the other guy messed up by only min raising the turn and giving me a cheap card!! :)

i also ended up 4 buy ins so i must be doing something right?? right?
  • edited April 2010
    yeah u know u didnt play it great, if i was that other guy i would of been re-raisin you on the flop there and really puttin you to the test because your flop bet is so small and looks really weak! and i would of been puttin you under alot more pressure on the turn after seein a check! however you won the hand so wp, just look at your bet sizes mate make em mean something! at these levels play tight and aggressive-but really aggressive really charge people for there draws, because the majority at these stakes dont understand pot odds and will call anything just to hit that miracle flush card on the river! like u say u ended 4 buy-ins up which is good so yes you are obviously doing something right, but  just look at improvin your bet sizes and you will find you will end up makin more money than you are now! goodluck!
  • edited April 2010
    I just played and cashed in a £5.50 DYM :)

1 way to stop me losing 3 buy ins in the first hour I guess! lol :)
  • edited April 2010
    thanks eagle im going to have a game now so i will try this out.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ive just found out why cash is so much better than dyms!!!:
    I just played and cashed in a £5.50 DYM :) 1 way to stop me losing 3 buy ins in the first hour I guess! lol :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol doh a £5.50 DYM? your so tight!! get up to the £55 ones you got more than enough money!! i know u got loads of mine!!...if i dont see you at the tables tomorrow mate, have a good en at dtd on sunday, should be good for ya as its your first live experience! good luck and enjoy it
  • edited April 2010
    ive just been looking at some of my hand historys and it seems i raise big when i have things like top pair on the flop but i dont raise much with monsters!!!

not sure why i do this?
  • edited April 2010
    I sometimes fall into a similar trap, i posted a hand a while back where i hit 2 pair on the flop and bet out the pot and got called in 2 spots then the turn gave me the fullhouse and i slowed down!! i just check called!-missed some massive value there! i put a decent sized value bet in on the river which was called but i won a reasonable sized pot when it could of been a big 1....
    you are NEVER gonna play every hand correctly and lookin through your hand history really helps you too spot leaks in your game and work on improvin them. post more hands on the strategy section and there will be loads of 'big hitters' there to offer there advice, take what they say on board and try and learn from it! goodluck on the cash tables anyway mate, try not to get to disheartened if you lose a few pots by loony players callin your BIGGER bets ;-) with anything and hittin!  just get your money in good and long term you will reap the rewards! - Andy