You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sick

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Really unlucky Elsa...so sick, I saw you was playing well in this tourny..you took an okay amount of heads right?

Think I came 60th....took £22.50 heads so least i freerolled it lol

Comments

• edited April 2010

In tonight's B/H I was doing OK then got moved to another table. I passed on a couple of rotations to weigh-up the table. There were 4 smallish stacks and the tournament CL. I had a healthy stack so watched what was happening. The CL was in on every hand playing literally any two cards. I watched him take out 3 small stacks with amazing calls such as 26 on a 279 flop and called the allin against QQ. This happened time and again. Then it was my turn ...... PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancer1badboy17 Small blind  200.00 200.00 2925.00 xxxx Big blind  400.00 600.00 41693.75   Your hole cards K Q       Chewy42310 Fold     BIGJIMHOLT Call  400.00 1000.00 10180.00 ACEHUMP Fold     elsadog Raise  1200.00 2200.00 11835.00 r1badboy17 Fold     xxxxRaise  1600.00 3800.00 40093.75 BIGJIMHOLT Fold     elsadog Call  800.00 4600.00 11035.00 Flop    6 Q 4       xxxxBet  4600.00 9200.00 35493.75 elsadog All-in  11035.00 20235.00 0.00 xxxxCall  6435.00 26670.00 29058.75 xxxxShow 5 6    elsadog Show K Q    Turn    9       River    5       xxxxWin Two Pairs, 6s and 5s 26670.00  55728.75
    This type of thing is happening in every mtt I play lately. Sick play rewarded time after time with sick cards and sick results.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Sick:
    Really unlucky Elsa...so sick, I saw you was playing well in this tourny..you took an okay amount of heads right? Think I came 60th....took £22.50 heads so least i freerolled it lol
    Posted by Ads2kuk
    No, I only took one head........ and I paid to enter. I won't be paying to enter any more though.......... not for some time anyway.
  • edited April 2010
    it's because your hair looks c rap
  • edited April 2010
    another sp bad beat, i was all in pre flop with pocket 10's in the main event an gt called by Q 3, and bang they hit the queen, you get some right clowns on this site
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    You're possibly right ............. I can see from your piccy that you're a style guru.
  • edited April 2010
    They're definately dishing em' out tonight..
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Sick : You're possibly right ............. I can see from your piccy that you're a style guru.
    Posted by elsadog
    LOL, love you really elsa :)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Sick : You're possibly right ............. I can see from your piccy that you're a style guru.
    Posted by elsadog
    LOL
  • edited April 2010
    M8 its plain and simple some on here are LUCK boxes. i just played a sat and one player got lucky twice when he went all in and won his ticket so sometimes skill goes out that window thing you need the love of those poker not very nice gods
  • edited April 2010
    M8 its plain and simple some on here are LUCK boxes. i just played a sat and one player got lucky twice when he went all in and won his ticket so sometimes skill goes out that window thing you need the love of those poker not very nice gods
    Posted by jubbley
    thats so unlucky ......name and try to to shame you idiot you are nothing but an average player deal with it mister.
  • edited April 2010
    yes was really bad play by the other player and seems to be a lot doing this. You just cant shake um of any pair and raises seem to be pointless. Basic rules of poker is raise when your ahead and fold when your behind unless you have outs. Wish newbies would learn this basic rule before playing games for cash. i know we all want bad players but you cant out play luck unfortunately. Nature of the beast but good luck your not the only one.
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    lol
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by elsadog

go to the groomers and ask for a "blackfish"
  • edited April 2010
    I had J-8 off suit on the button, blinds were 100/200 two of us had 6000 odd each, i raised to 800, and the SB called, flop J-8-4 rainbow, he went 200, i shoved all in he called with A-4 and hit another 4 on the river, so yeh its happening regular now, you just gotta be prepared for calls from players with cr ap lool
  • edited April 2010
    do you think it is getting to a point where people need to stop saying "If you do the correct play and get your money in while your ahead you will end up being a winning player overall"?

• edited April 2010
    do you think it is getting to a point where people need to stop saying "If you do the correct play and get your money in while your ahead you will end up being a winning player overall"?
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    PMSL YOUR TIMING IS PERFECT MY FRIEND
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    I always prefer the timeless classic of 'the standard of poker is much higher than it was 3 years ago'

• edited April 2010

Or.....''you did nothing wrong there, you got your money in good but the poker gods did not smile on you''
  • edited April 2010
    I too have seen alot af what i suppose you would call less than sensible plays but it seems a fair few are more than prepared to GAMBLE rather than fold an inferior hand and while they keep on hittin em they are never gonna stop are they? dav
  • edited April 2010
    if anyone was watching the 4/8 game earlier tho - u would have seen a certain loon playing any 2 cards and winning some before losing the lot and then more.  That what is meant by 'they will lose in the long run'.
  • edited April 2010
    if anyone was watching the 4/8 game earlier tho - u would have seen a certain loon playing any 2 cards and winning some before losing the lot and then more.  That what is meant by 'they will lose in the long run'.
    Posted by phil12uk
    I watched for about 90 mins and what gr8 entertainment it was,better than a good movie imo.dav
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by phil12uk
    That's applicable on a cash table Phil. In tournaments, when you have what seems like an army of them, the damage they do is often fatal to your tournament chances. I know this has always applied to tournament play hence the big swings, but the sheer number of times it's happening makes most tournaments on here little more than a lottery. The player in my example HH actually went busto within 20 minutes of busting me and a number of others (he had a 42k stack after busting me and was the tournament CL) but that's no consolation to me or the players he took out with the most rediculous hands. With that kind of play he'll never make a profit let alone win a tournament so what you say applies in part. The problem is that I am meeting these guys in every tournament and they just seem to hit the 2 outer too often to make sense.

ps. I watched about an hour of that 4/8 game and it was sick.
  • edited April 2010
    Completely agree Al. I'm currently on my worst run in poker ever and seriously not enjoying it (guess losing money's not enjoyable lol). MTTs are a minefield and the amount of bullets to dodge is immense.  Wish I could dodge some on cash though............ 
  • edited April 2010
    well, with so many good players on a major down swing( dont class myself as one, but am on a big down swing) some bug gers out there must be filling there pockets. would somone out there please post saying they have played 5 mtts and cashed in all and won 2 of them for £xxxxxx . would be nice to know good money is going to good people. my game at the moment is a bit like tigers golf " nothing wrong with my game APART  from my upswing ,my down swing and my putting!!!!
  • edited April 2010

I'm giving the 5k D/S a bash tonight but if it follows the same format I've encountered for the past month I'll be giving them all a miss for a while.

The usual format has been steady progress to a healthy stack then a crucial hand against an unknown, who is well behind, only for them to hit on the river and crush me....... we shall see.

• edited April 2010
    see you there mate

• edited April 2010
    Lasted an hour in D/S with no cards other than TT. Just after break I came up against the big stack with AQ against the inevitable monster 97os.

Mtts on here are a waste of time and money as far as I'm concerned. Can't compete with that in every game, so I'll bow out and go elsewhere for a time. Not a whinge, just a fact.
  • edited April 2010
    k8.  flop k 8 4 . allin.  called by k10 yep 10 on river. gotta love it.
  • edited April 2010
    Its happening all too often for my liking and say whatever you want and read into it whatever you want but a bigstack can go with any 2 and hit.Constantly,i dont see variance is working here somehow.Still that is only my opinion.Gl at the tables all dav
  • edited April 2010
    Im new to sky but the structures on here promote loose play imo, I think on-line play is for fun in mtts its hard to profit on quick blind structures and the odd bad beat  lol .

Yes getting lucky is a big part in poker as we all know and hurts when we get outdrawn etc but im sure weve all done it , tbh some on here hate the criticism but its meant to be fun i thought ..i was called an idiot for pointing out facts lol .

Keep in there the luck will change..