You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

When does banter become bullying?

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

Archangel said......

Ps I was saddened to read the rest of the forum post's to find Tikay10 writting on the hatefully post, saying hello to one of the bullies and thinking they were needed on the forum more.  I wonder if he know's by doing this he has put a stamp of on approval bullying post's and helped them justify cyber bulling?  Maybe he could have been more responsible by avoiding that post given his standing here

I'm sorry you think it was wrong for me to Post on this Thread. I simply said "welcome back" to a Poster, a "virtual friend", with whom I've shared many laughs & poker tables, & who has not been on here for some time. I'm not sure I can or should apologise for that. It#'s not my view that Hale is a bully - quite the contrary, my judgement is that she is a kind & caring person.

To suggest this puts "the stamp of approval on bullying Posts & cyber bulling" is quite extraordinary. I can only escape such an imaginative allegation by ceasing to Post altogether.

If you knew me a little better you would not make such an outrageous claim. I have owned & managed a very large Poker Forum since 2004, & as every single Member (there are over 10,000) will tell you, I have never condoned or allowed bullying, or hate posts, & you cannot show me any evidence to the contrary. In fact, if this were my Forum, or I were a Moderator here, I would have removed the thread as soon as it was Posted, because when threads like that start, only bad can come from them. But I'm not a Moderator here, nor do I own this Forum, so I'm not sure why I am being singled out for blame.

I am at a complete loss to understand how adults can get so emotive over a game of poker, I really am. Did you know that some of them even get so het up as to send abusive PM's? - how extraordinary!

Have a good day, & indeed, a good weekend.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    When does banter become bulling

I love banter it’s what I like most about the site and TV show.  But when does it go too far?  When does friendly fun turn into hate and bulling.  I was cost some points on a double by being this player being childish and gave the player a bit of banter, maybe it was too far but it was privet and I hoped it would lead to a cool rivalry, my mistake but instead of banter it has taken a nasty turn.  I was upset to find I had been named on a forum sheet by this player (In the title too), a full thread of hate.   I was shocked a massive brand like sky would allow it.  This player  is a big SNG player and I hear him or her being read out on the TV show a lot.  It’s a shame he or she has gone from banter to bulling.  Fun and rivalries are great they spur you on but hate is a low as you can get.  When someone makes you feel so bad they make you feel sick inside it’s the transaction of banter to bulling.  I have made errors in poker but I try to learn from them and I am not perfect and will strive to improve.  I hope you both join me.

Banter for England but don't be a bully.  Irony.

Ps I was saddened to read the rest of the forum post's to find Tikay10 writing on the hatefully post, saying hello to one of the bullies and thinking they were needed on the forum more.  I wonder if he know's by doing this he has put a stamp of  approval bullying post's and helped them justify cyber bulling and is doing so again by the comments below sticking up for them.  One of the player has bullied me since my first post, did I send a PM to them?  Yes.  Did they swear at me?  Yes?  Maybe he could have been more responsible by avoiding that post given his standing here.
    By this I mean contacting his cyber friend(who is anything but warm and wonderfull) through other means ie a PM.  I reiterate I am not perfect and have also made mistakes but stand by my stance.  I think it is sad you are so bullish, at no point do I single you out for total blame just express my sadness at the naivety of you posting on a hate forum.  I guess they won after all,
    how extraordinary!  

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: When does banter become bullying?:
    Archangel said...... Ps I was saddened to read the rest of the forum post's to find Tikay10 writting on the hatefully post, saying hello to one of the bullies and thinking they were needed on the forum more.  I wonder if he know's by doing this he has put a stamp of on approval bullying post's and helped them justify cyber bulling?  Maybe he could have been more responsible by avoiding that post given his standing here .  I'm sorry you think it was wrong for me to Post on this Thread. I simply said "welcome back" to a Poster, a "virtual friend", with whom I've shared many laughs & poker tables, & who has not been on here for some time. I'm not sure I can or should apologise for that. It#'s not my view that Hale is a bully - quite the contrary, my judgement is that she is a kind & caring person. To suggest this puts "the stamp of approval on bullying Posts & cyber bulling" is quite extraordinary. I can only escape such an imaginative allegation by ceasing to Post altogether. If you knew me a little better you would not make such an outrageous claim. I have owned & managed a very large Poker Forum since 2004, & as every single Member (there are over 10,000) will tell you, I have never condoned or allowed bullying, or hate posts, & you cannot show me any evidence to the contrary. In fact, if this were my Forum, or I were a Moderator here, I would have removed the thread as soon as it was Posted, because when threads like that start, only bad can come from them. But I'm not a Moderator here, nor do I own this Forum, so I'm not sure why I am being singled out for blame.   I am at a complete loss to understand how adults can get so emotive over a game of poker, I really am. Did you know that some of them even get so het up as to send abusive PM's? - how extraordinary! Have a good day, & indeed, a good weekend.
    Posted by Tikay10
    go tk