You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

show some flair on the green baize

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
i am massive snooker fan and on saturday the world snooker championships kick off, i have noticed other site having promotions for this and having quizes and giving away £147 to the winner and stuff, are sky doing anything at all like maybe a £147 freeroll?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I used to love playin snooker, when i was 15 i won the tamworth under 16's championship and my prize for that was a match 1 on 1 with Steve Davis! only 1 frame mind as he was playin all the other winners of various competitions, i got totally hammered but managed to knock a 40 break in on my first visit, only to watch him clean up the table after!! great experience though!! never been so nervous in my life!! ...who is your pick to win it this year porkerman? im gonna have a bet on it but unsure at the min, probably gonna go for the Rocket though...
  • edited April 2010
    Robertson at 12-1 is temptin too! just checked steve davis is 500-1 lol might try a lucky pound!
  • edited April 2010
    i think its too tough to call, the way i see things is that mark williams if slight favourite over ronnie o sullivan, who ever wins their 2nd round encounter will win the tournament for me
  • edited April 2010

Can never go wrong backng Higgins, rarely has a bad session, nevermind a bad match.

He'll get my money again, and maybe a longshot too.

E/W Only pays 1st n 2nd :(
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: show some flair on the green baize:
    Can never go wrong backng Higgins, rarely has a bad session, nevermind a bad match. He'll get my money again, and maybe a longshot too. E/W Only pays 1st n 2nd :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    ALEX?.....:)
  • edited April 2010
    Ive had 4 bets so far only £2.50 e/w on all 4.

Stephen Hendry 45/1 - I know hes past his best but still one of the best players out there, if he hits form think he can go the whole way

Ken Doherty 100/1 - Just because I've been backing him for years now

Liang Wen Bo 66/1 - One of the best potters in the game, isnt affriad to take anything on, just needs to improove on his safety

Stephen Maguire 18/1 - Will be there or there abouts, consistant player.
  • edited April 2010

Snooker gotta be 1 sport, esp over this format, where a banker pretty much is a banker!

Messing about on sky bet - made an acca with loads of first round bankers, came up at 15/2.

It as loads of matches, but its one sport where Id feel comfortable staking decent money (well more than a few quid)

• edited April 2010
    its done- ive gone for Robertson £20 at 12-1! dunno why but i just fancy him to win it this year! probably the only time ill ever cheer a Aussie on!
  • edited April 2010
    Can never go wrong backng Higgins, rarely has a bad session, nevermind a bad match. He'll get my money again, and maybe a longshot too. E/W Only pays 1st n 2nd :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If you can keep him off the bottle, and tape his mouth up, he may be in with a chance, however i think he might be a touch match rusty, having only played exhibitions lately, TBH i reckon hes got no chance, as i heard he is still in Belfast supping the guiness.
  • edited April 2010
    Like porkerman says, has to be between Williams and O'Sullivan - I'm going for Williams.
  • edited April 2010
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipHiggins J v Hawkins BRd 1 Match Betting 17/04/2010 10:00Higgins J @ 1/6
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipAllen M v Ford TRd 1 Match Betting 17/04/2010 10:00Allen M @ 2/9
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipHendry S v Zhang ARd 1 Match Betting 17/04/2010 14:30Hendry S @ 2/9
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipSelby M v Doherty KRd 1 Match Betting 17/04/2010 19:00Selby M @ 1/3
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipFu M v Gould MRd 1 Match Betting 18/04/2010 10:00Fu M @ 4/11
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipCarter A v Cope JRd 1 Match Betting 18/04/2010 14:30Carter A @ 4/6
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipWilliams M v Campbell MRd 1 Match Betting 19/04/2010 10:00Williams M @ 1/8
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipJunhui D v Pettman SRd 1 Match Betting 20/04/2010 10:00Junhui D @ 1/9
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipDay R v Davis MRd 1 Match Betting 20/04/2010 10:00Day R @ 4/11
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipRobertson N v O'Brien FRd 1 Match Betting 20/04/2010 14:30Robertson N @ 1/7
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipMaguire S v Lee SRd 1 Match Betting 21/04/2010 14:30Maguire S @ 1/3
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipMurphy S v Greene GRd 1 Match Betting 21/04/2010 19:00Murphy S @ 1/7
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Huddersfield v MillwallMatch Result 16/04/2010 19:45Huddersfield @ 6/4

Just had £12.10 on the above at 38 - 1.

Added the footy in as its live on sky tonight.
  • edited April 2010
    Michael 'The Hitman' Holt gets my £1 backing @ 250/1
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: show some flair on the green baize : If you can keep him off the bottle, and tape his mouth up, he may be in with a chance, however i think he might be a touch match rusty, having only played exhibitions lately, TBH i reckon hes got no chance, as i heard he is still in Belfast supping the guiness.
    Posted by loonytoons
    LOLOL
  • edited April 2010
    wow dohhhhhhh you gamble on anything and everything,dya win much,i know alot of the top poker pros fund their tourny BIs with their sports betting and spread betting.i have to be honest it can be abit confusing for me,i have the odd correct score and 1st goal scorer but that about it for me.
    was on a table with mere ohh a couple of months back and he was betting on the tennis and he kept saying he was winning this amount then it went up abit more then abit more,and it was all dependant on how many points the two players were gonna score and he had i think £2 a point on over a pre set amount abit confusing like but i think he won a couple o hundred,i was amazed anyway gl on the gambling
  • edited April 2010
    wow dohhhhhhh you gamble on anything and everything,dya win much,i know alot of the top poker pros fund their tourny BIs with their sports betting and spread betting.i have to be honest it can be abit confusing for me,i have the odd correct score and 1st goal scorer but that about it for me. was on a table with mere ohh a couple of months back and he was betting on the tennis and he kept saying he was winning this amount then it went up abit more then abit more,and it was all dependant on how many points the two players were gonna score and he had i think £2 a point on over a pre set amount abit confusing like but i think he won a couple o hundred,i was amazed anyway gl on the gambling
    Posted by stokefc
    You could be watching Caroline Wozniacki playing on Eurosport now.
    I'd thoroughly recommend it - it's always good to check on the form. :-)
  • edited April 2010

have gone for N.Robertson to reach the Final   11/2 
  • edited April 2010
    I backed Ding with a small bet on Williams
  • edited April 2010
    It has to be Ray Reardon's year this year.