You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (17th/18th)

edited April 2010 in The Shed
Well what an end of season party this is turning out to be! Teams are slipping up all over the place & with the exception of the Championship, it's still all up for grabs elsewhere.

So, on to the betting & it's 3 different bets again for me this week 

Main Acca:

Birmingham to beat Hull (H) @ 4/5
Sunderland to beat Burnley (H) @ 8/13
Reading to beat Peterborough (H) @ 4/11
Swindon to beat Walsall (H) @ 4/9
Stevenage to beat Kidderminster (A) @ 5/6

These 5 are currently paying a nice 9/1

On the face of it Birmingham have been in poor form of late with 3 draws & 3 defeats in their last 6 home & away. However, dig a little deeper & it's actually quite reasonable. They've only lost twice at St Andrews all season with Bolton being the last to come away from there with 3 points way back in September. They've also held ALL of the top 5 teams to draws there too, including Liverpool & Arsenal in their last 2 outings there. Hull are now the only team in the top flight without a win on the road this season after Burnley spanked them at the KC last week (AND WHAT A RESULT!). In fact, they've only picked up 4 points from a possible 51 away from the KC so far & with their top scorer (Stephen Hunt) now ruled out for the season I can't see anything changing here.
Despite their defeat at the hands of the (occasionally) mighty Hammers last week, Sunderland have been in decent form recently, particularly at home. Villa were the last team to win at the Stadium of Light back in December. Despite their superb victory last week, there's no mistaking that Burnley have been poor on the road all season (and just generally poor under Brian Laws). They'll get no joy from this road trip.
Reading lost at home to Newcastle in midweek but that was their 1st defeat at the Mad Stad in 10 games. They're still just about in with a mathematical chance of the play offs but it's unlikely as they'll need a fair few results to go their way. However, they can keep the dream alive a little longer here as they come up against a Peterborough side who have won once away from London Road all season. 
I still can't believe that Swindon only managed a draw at home to Exeter on Monday night. That definitely cost a few people their acca's. However, with games fast running out they know there can be no more slip ups if they're to have any chance of nicking 2nd spot back from Leeds. They're up against a mid table Walsall side who have got absolutely nothing left to play for. They can't reach the play offs & are safe from relegation & only have 1 win in their last 8 on the road (6 defeats).
Stevenage are closing in on the conference title. They're 4 points clear of Luton with a game in hand. In fact, 3 points against Kidderminster could see them clinch the title & promotion to the football league, although they would also need an unlikely Altrincham win at Luton as well. Again, Kidderminster have nothing but pride to play for now & whilst they won't let Stevenage have it all their own way I'd expect a narrow away win here.

Long Shot Acca:

Chelsea to beat Spurs (A) @ 10/11
Blackpool to beat Forest (H) @ 11/10
West Brom to beat Middlesbrough (H) @ 10/11
Leeds to beat Gillingham (A) @ 4/5
Southampton to beat Yeovil (A) @ 5/6

These 5 are paying a tasty 47/1 so definitely worth a small tickle.

Chelsea know what they have to do at the Lane & I can see them nicking it here. Yes, Spurs beat Arsenal at home in midweek, but let's not forget that this was a depleted side they were up against. The difference that Van Persie made when he came on was immense & if he'd been fit to start I'm convinced we'd have seen an entirely different outcome.
Blackpool have to win to keep their play off hopes alive & they come up against a Forest who have not only already clinched their own play off place but have been truly lousy on the road recently having lost 7 & drawn 1 of their last 8 away from the City Ground. Blackpool are strong at home with only 4 defeats from 21 there all season.
West Brom have little left to play for really but they'll want to finish the season strongly. They've already beaten Boro 0-5 at the Riverside this season & whilst Boro have a slim chance of making the play offs I just can't see them getting much change here (plus the price for a home win really appealed)
Leeds are now back in the driving seat for automatic promotion from League 1. You don't get many 2nd chances & when they lost their place a few weeks ago it looked like the play offs for them again. They've had 2 really good results on the road winning at Yeovil & Carlisle in midweek & whilst Gillingham are scrapping for their lives I can see them sneaking this by the odd goal.
Southampton still have an outside chance of sneaking into the play offs although they'll need a little help with results elsewhere. They had a belting win at Bristol Rovers in midweek (1-5) & are the form team in the division at the moment with only 1 defeat in their last 8 games (6 wins). Mathematically speaking it's still possible for Yeovil to get relegated although it's unlikely. They've lost 3 & drawn 1 of their last 4 at home.

Under/Over Acca:

Man City/Man Utd - Over 2.5 @ 8/11
Blackburn/Everton - Under 2.5 @ 4/6
Sunderland/Burnley - Over 2.5 @ 5/6
Charlton/Norwich - Over 2.5 @ EVENS
Notts Co/Morecambe - Over 2.5 @ 5/6

These 5 are paying a nice 18/1

City & Utd both need the points here for different reasons & I think it'll make for an open game. Tevez is on fire & Rooney is itching to get back in & playing again so hopefully goals galore here.
Only 2 of the last 12 meetings between Blackburn & Everton have produced more than 2 goals with 3 of the last 4 meetings at Ewood ending in draws (0-0 twice & a 1-1). Everton do have goals in them but Rovers are resilient at home conceding only 14 in 17 games there (which is a better home defensive record than Arsenal & Man City).
I expect Darren Bent to have a field day against Burnley. Realistically The Mackems are safe from relegation although 3 points (well, 1 actually) will officially secure their place at the top table for another year.
If there's one thing Charlton & Norwich have in common it's that they most definitely have goals in them. Between them they've scored 150 league goals so far. The game at Carrow Road finished 2-2 earlier in the season (so we should probably expect a 0-0 here then!)
Notts Co are on a storming run at the moment having lost only once in their last 16 & they're not short of goal power either. Morecambe have been in good form themselves recently & they'll be looking to sneak into the play offs. This is a game that both sides need to win so I expect it to be open & full of goals.

Good luck with your bets tomorrow

Jay

Comments

• edited April 2010

have gone for 8 team accum
    1. Portsmouth v Aston Villa
    2. Aston Villa @ 4/7
    3. Wigan v Arsenal
    4. Arsenal @ 4/7
    5. York v Grays Athletic
    6. York @ 4/11
    7. Luton v Altrincham
    8. Luton @ 1/4
    9. Swansea v Barnsley
    10. Swansea @ 1/2
    11. West Brom v Middlesbro'
    12. West Brom @ 10/11
    13. Tottenham v Chelsea
    14. Chelsea @ evens
    15. Fulham v Wolves
    16. Fulham @ evens
  • edited April 2010
    That don't look too bad there DTW, although I deliberately avoided Fulham cos they've got their Euro semi at Hamburg this week so might have one eye on that.
  • edited April 2010
    Can I suggest that you put a couple of quid on Burys M.Jones to score in 90 mins 9/2
  • edited April 2010
    Ok ive forgot the odds on accas today, just had 2 trebbles and a 6 timer, none of them are odds on so probably got more chance than normall.

Stoke 5/4
    Coventry 5/4
    Carlisle Evens

10.13/1

and

Cardiff 9/5
    Colchester 9/5
    Torquay 9/5

21.95/1

all 6 pay 222.26/1

Good Luck Fellas
  • edited April 2010

Just a treble on CITY, SPURS AND RORY DELAP......

Pays 21/1 

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (17th/18th):
    That don't look too bad there DTW, although I deliberately avoided Fulham cos they've got their Euro semi at Hamburg this week so might have one eye on that.
    Posted by silentbob

cheers m8 bit concerned about fulham as well but think they may win 1-0  have also done a trixie on these (bit of a long shot tho)  lol   dtw

Ipswich v Doncaster
                Doncaster @ 10/3

Blackpool v Nottm. Forest
        Blackpool @ 11/10

Sunderland v Burnley
              Burnley @ 5/1
  • edited April 2010

Donny to win away??? psh....... gl with that fella!!!
  • edited April 2010
    Main Acca:

Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Leicester
    Swindon
    Southampton
    Aldershot
    Notts County

Pays 34/1

Draw Acca:

Blackburn v Everton
    Fulham v Wolves
    QPR v Cardiff
    Charlton v Norwich
    Bury v Port Vale

Pays 402/1

Good luck everyone!
  • edited April 2010
    St Johnstone v St Mirren 10/11
    Aberdeen v Falkirk DRAW 23/10
    Inverness v Dunfermline 4/6
    Partick Thistle v Ayr DRAW 12/5
    Stenhousemuir v Stirling DRAW 13/5

£1.25 on the trebles, 4-Folds and 5-Fold = £20

Returns £711.17, didn't know it would return as much.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (17th/18th):
    St Johnstone v St Mirren 10/11 Aberdeen v Falkirk DRAW 23/10 Inverness v Dunfermline 4/6 Partick Thistle v Ayr DRAW 12/5 Stenhousemuir v Stirling DRAW 13/5 £1.25 on the trebles, 4-Folds and 5-Fold = £20 Returns £711.17, didn't know it would return as much.
    Posted by Kevilfish

HT latest;

St Johnstone - losing 1-0
    Aberdeen Draw - 1-0
    Inverness - drawing 0-0
    Partick Draw - drawing 0-0
    Stenhousemuir Draw - 0-1

1 out of 5.