You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

When do you move up a level on Cash tables & Tourney's

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi all

At what point do you move up a level of play be it Cash or Table

For me i don't know at present i have been with sky poker around 6 weeks i play 2/4 cash tables and do ok had a go on 4/8 and got hammered just glad it was winnings from 2/4 i lost  as for tourney's tend to do ok on buy ins up to £2.30 whatever the field  and am now dipping my toe in higher buy ins for the experience

so guys & girls i look forward to some feedback on this subject  mainly reguarding Cash Tables

also can you recommend what books are available as i have none and would like to buy one on internet poker

cheers 

michael   alias  DTWBANDIT

Comments

• edited July 2009
    bankroll management is the answer! cash games - 20 buyins is good enough for low stakes. So you should only play a limit you have 20 buyins for, once you have won enough money that you have 20 buyins for the next limit up then you can move up. If you drop below 10 buyins then you can move back down again and rebuild. This way you have less chance of going broke.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: When do you move up a level on Cash tables & Tourney's:
    bankroll management is the answer! cash games - 20 buyins is good enough for low stakes. So you should only play a limit you have 20 buyins for, once you have won enough money that you have 20 buyins for the next limit up then you can move up. If you drop below 10 buyins then you can move back down again and rebuild. This way you have less chance of going broke.
    Posted by offshoot

cheers for that offshoot will give it a go and see how i get on
  • edited July 2009

ok guys + girls  have been playing all kinds of tourneys this weekend big and small and i have to say that all the advice i have been given is totally true 

played  £15k  fri   lasted  28mins

open  sat            30mins

open  sun  came 186th  out of 680  due to all the tips & advice i got from u guys and tikay & co

played  3  STT BH  1st, 2nd & 4th

MTT BH   £2.30  1st  of 78

so there you have it i now no what my level is for now

THANKS AGAIN TO YOU ALL