You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHAT IS BEST TOURNEY TO PLAY IN WHEN LEARNING BASICS

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi sky team

Can we have a poll to see what are the best torney's to play in when developing a style of play or is it better to just play all types

i would like to hear the thoughts of other players as well  all levels

cheers 

michael  alias DTWBANDIT

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to WHAT IS BEST TOURNEY TO PLAY IN WHEN LEARNING BASICS:
          Hi sky team         Can we have a poll to see what are the best torney's to play in when developing a style of play or is it better to just play all types      i would like to hear the thoughts of other players as well  all levels        cheers      michael  alias DTWBANDIT
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    From a strict leanring perspective I would have to say a low buy in Deepstack as it allows you to play quality poker at a sensible pace and the others playing tend to be playing the same so it doesn't become a mad all in fest at least until the latter stages when stacks and blinds can sometimes dicatate it.

I think a lot depends on what you enjoy playing and there is definate merit in trying them all and seeing which you enjoy the most - I don't tend to play deepstacks as I don't like multitabling and I find the pace too slow to only be playing one games and get bored too easily with them.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WHAT IS BEST TOURNEY TO PLAY IN WHEN LEARNING BASICS:
    In Response to WHAT IS BEST TOURNEY TO PLAY IN WHEN LEARNING BASICS : From a strict leanring perspective I would have to say a low buy in Deepstack as it allows you to play quality poker at a sensible pace and the others playing tend to be playing the same so it doesn't become a mad all in fest at least until the latter stages when stacks and blinds can sometimes dicatate it. I think a lot depends on what you enjoy playing and there is definate merit in trying them all and seeing which you enjoy the most - I don't tend to play deepstacks as I don't like multitabling and I find the pace too slow to only be playing one games and get bored too easily with them.
    Posted by dowzer

thanks for that dowzer  have started a thread on when to move up a level would welcome some feedback on that
  • edited July 2009

Any cheap deepstack - avoid the quicker tournys

• edited July 2009
    m8 deepstakes r the way forward big time  or sit n go 10 min blinds r gd practice m8,,i have a blog on here feel welcome to look n comment..b lukky
  • edited July 2009
    I;d say ... play the 'sit and go' double your money !!...

The reason is,  you find   these games are more conservative with players knowing it's not a question of winning the 'sit an go' out-right but getting in the top three .
    Also, less chance of losing your money and it gives you a 'feel' of playing a final table !

glk ... and on your other question of moving up a level... don't rush .. feel confident that your ready !
  • edited July 2009

some good feedback already 

draig & razorkev     i love playing deepstacks and play them often £2.30 buy in on tues played mickjenn's 10 seater for the first time thought it was good so i will be playing that every week  also will check out your blog razor

bennydip2   great advice been playing DYM's for 3 weeks  started on 30p am now up to £1.15 hoping to be up to £5.50 by xmas  

dowzer   took your advice tonite had a lot of fun around different types of tourney's had a go in open did ok was on a very aggresive table but held my own , a few STT am gonna finish my nite with a deepstack

thanks to you all
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to WHAT IS BEST TOURNEY TO PLAY IN WHEN LEARNING BASICS:
          Hi sky team         Can we have a poll to see what are the best torney's to play in when developing a style of play or is it better to just play all types      i would like to hear the thoughts of other players as well  all levels        cheers      michael  alias DTWBANDIT
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Hi DTW

I can only speak for myself but the game that has improved my skills (such as they are) would definately be the deep stack. It seems to me that better poker is played in this type of game. It also appears that no so many players just keep going all in. I have played in many 60p roulette games and I call these bingo. They are fun but it does just show how any two cards are not far behind before the flop. The best hand going in does not win anymore often than the worst.
    Tigs
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WHAT IS BEST TOURNEY TO PLAY IN WHEN LEARNING BASICS:
    In Response to WHAT IS BEST TOURNEY TO PLAY IN WHEN LEARNING BASICS : Hi DTW  I can only speak for myself but the game that has improved my skills (such as they are) would definately be the deep stack. It seems to me that better poker is played in this type of game. It also appears that no so many players just keep going all in. I have played in many 60p roulette games and I call these bingo. They are fun but it does just show how any two cards are not far behind before the flop. The best hand going in does not win anymore often than the worst. Tigs
    Posted by tiggerace7

hi tig

totally agree with u played open last nite got a double up 1st hand seeing all the cards building the pot then after that it was like russian roulette nearly every hand someone going all in i lasted an hour learnt a lot though this was on early low blinds couldn't understand it  maybe i should have sat out til they knocked each other out

WOULD LIKE SOME FEEDBACK PLEASE
  • edited July 2009
    find youre game that suits u best, it doesnt matter wot any1 else thinks or says, some people cant play deepstacks because they get bored easy or some people cant play scarys as blinds go up 2 quick for them, i suggest u play all 2 c which u prefer then stick 2 that 1 gl m8