You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Please help

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all

Well, I have publisized the fact that the last few weeks varience has been very, very unkind to me, so much so that my BR is now only £6.40, and yes that is sticking to the BR rule, so obviously the time has come where I need to take a break from poker (apart from freerolls of course), I still want to carry on with the forum, but, my concern is I am worried that I will be tempted to play again, any ideas anyone please?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    You could select a 24 Hour 'Cool off' every morning perhaps? Seeing as the min self-exclusion is 6 months & that's probably a little longer than you want off (?).

Failing that just play me HU - I'm running like death so that'll get your BR back up lol.

• edited April 2010
    I say stick your bankroll on M.Jones of Bury to score in 90mins against Port Vale then when he does you will have £35.20 to spend on poker! :)
  • edited April 2010
    (assuming those options still allow you to at least login & therefore post on the forum!)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Please help:
    You could select a 24 Hour 'Cool off' every morning perhaps? Seeing as the min self-exclusion is 6 months & that's probably a little longer than you want off (?). Failing that just play me HU - I'm running like death so that'll get your BR back up lol.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

although using that you wouldn't be able to login and therefore wouldn't be able to post on the forum.
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe playing only when you really reallllyyyyy wanna (ie. the temptation is too great to resist) - maybe this will help you - coz ur mindset will be abit different, abit like a freeroll where the pressure is off.

It's fun at the end of the day innit - so if you really really can't resist, then theres no reason why you shouldn't play.

Some days I have to force myself to play and get going, (yesterday) and it had a rubbish ending I was well down and in bed by 10pm.

Im sure this wouldnt have happened if I really wanted to play and couldnt wait to get going.

I wouldn't force myself to stop Barry if I really wanted to play - you know the score with bankroll management, better than most and certainly better than me, so if your enjoying it theres no reason to stop - and if you arent enjoying it, you wont wanna play anyway so stopping will be easy :)

GL with whatever you chose to do.

DOHH
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Please help : although using that you wouldn't be able to login and therefore wouldn't be able to post on the forum.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Ahhh ... I did think about that after posting (hence my 2nd post above yours lol)

• edited April 2010
    Withdraw your bankroll, and redeposit it when your ready to play
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Please help : Ahhh ... I did think about that after posting (hence my 2nd post above yours lol)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    :)
  • edited April 2010
    Withdraw your bankroll, and redeposit it when your ready to play
    Posted by 35suited
    Min you can withdraw is £10 isint it?

Correct me if im wrong though please
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Please help : Min you can withdraw is £10 isint it? Correct me if im wrong though please
    Posted by shaun09
    ohhh didnt know that sorry, its not very often I get to withdraw
  • edited April 2010
    Hi all

I just thought of a way that will let me play, if I could just borrow that special presenter button? problem solved ;)
  • edited April 2010
    quick barry--freeroll in ten minutes--floppa whoppa!
  • edited April 2010

General query about withdrawing, I only have 1 card on sky, can I add another, and withdraw my entire bankroll onto that card? is that allowed?
  • edited April 2010
    quick barry--freeroll in ten minutes--floppa whoppa!
    Posted by oynutter
    Thank you for the HU :)
  • edited April 2010
    Only play when you really feel up to it.

If you lose a couple of games in a row then just quit for the day.

Or set yourself say 3 games/day and space them out so one at lunchtime/afernoon/evening.
  • edited April 2010
    Only play when you really feel up to it. If you lose a couple of games in a row then just quit for the day. Or set yourself say 3 games/day and space them out so one at lunchtime/afernoon/evening.
    Posted by scotty77
    Thanks m8, and thanks to you all for your replies
  • edited April 2010
    I looked you up barry, seems you make a good profit at the 2 quid mtt games--maybe stick at them for a bit--2.20 deep stacks are good games, and plenty of poker for your money, also the 2.30 bounty hunters are fun, and not too hard to profit in---main thing to remember is not to let your negative variance change your game, keep pluggin----flop another whoppa!!
  • edited April 2010
    General query about withdrawing, I only have 1 card on sky, can I add another, and withdraw my entire bankroll onto that card? is that allowed?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    any1? :(
  • edited April 2010
    don't think you can dohhhhh
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You didn't used to be able to - the 'Net deposits' thing stopped you (online) - but it looks like they've altered the withdrawal page a bit, so perhaps you can now. Give it a go? If it doesn't work online then you can definitely get Customer Services to do it :)

• edited April 2010
    aaaaaaWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :):):) Nice one chaps, Halifax can whistle for their 1.5k! ha!

Thanx for the replies all :)
  • edited April 2010
    aaaaaaWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :):):) Nice one chaps, Halifax can whistle for their 1.5k! ha! Thanx for the replies all :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hahaaaa  so funny   :))
  • edited April 2010
    hiya barry 

you do a great job in advertising the deepstacks every day, just wondered if you play these very often? they help me when im on a bad run because you get alot of poker for your money and great banter, if im taking a little break and get the urge to play i just register for one of these and it gives me my poker fix for the day. sure all the people in the deepstacks would like to see you on them aswell.
  • edited April 2010
    hiya barry   you do a great job in advertising the deepstacks every day, just wondered if you play these very often? they help me when im on a bad run because you get alot of poker for your money and great banter, if im taking a little break and get the urge to play i just register for one of these and it gives me my poker fix for the day. sure all the people in the deepstacks would like to see you on them aswell.
    Posted by robc
    It has been known on the odd occasion :)
  • edited April 2010
    hope your luck turns soon then mate and would be good to see you in the orfordable soon?
  • edited April 2010
    hi barry i also was in dire strates and bankroll went from 5quid to 60quid then back down to 70p, i was going through a terrible run but mainly because my bankroll management is terrible. But its a good shock to the system which made me make some harsh desisions. I just stuck to 30p sit and goes and a few double ups and clawed my way back up to 20quid. Im playing a differnt style of play and its working again. I hate playing low stakes it takes forever to get up to a decent amount but eventualy the small amounts add up and your back in the running to do well. Chin up m8 it will turn hopefully if you really dont want to play dont even come on the forum because you will be tempted ive got an xbox and when i need a break it really gets my mind off it while still gaming of another sort. visit some m8s or watch a few films to just get away from here until your ready. GL m8 and all the best :)
  • edited April 2010
    I carnt help you with the not playing bit but i can offer this advice for you mate.

Do you play Mtts only? have you tried cash?
    Personally BRM is not at all relevant unless you actually have a bankroll of a significant amount.
    Many people play on this site with a few quid in there account for pleasure and sort of apply the 5% rule
    If you have done this and let your role dwindle to £6.00 then you needed to post far sooner.
    You need to ask yourself this
    Why do I play Poker?
    Answer that honestly and you will know what action to take
    if you play for fun then continue with the freerolls but you will never get a bankroll from FRs on Sky its not even min wage if you win them? Not having a go at Sky its the same anywhere I believe.
    If you are doing it to build a serious bankroll then you need to go about things differently which would take far too long to go through in one post but i am happy to discuss it if you wish

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000