You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

For a STT shark to answer,

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
So in the £110 vegas tournament, going on just now, this hand came up and is annoying me. Blinds are 15/30, My stack is 2235, SB is 3k bb is 2k. and it's 5 handed.

ok so, 1st pos folds, I get KhJc, make it 80, button folds, blinds both call. Pot 240

Flop comes 10d 5c Js (rainbow). Blinds check to me, I cbet 160, SB calls, BB squeezes, 600 total.

I opt to call, basically sb is always donking in but it will be to much for him to continue so i'm sure of him folding unless he's flopped like a set. I don't have loads of info on BB, but I figure if I jam he's only calling with hands I'm behind, so I call with the intention of stacking, and letting him bluff off if he is bluffing.

So turn comes 9c (life tilt as it's obviously a horrific card along with an ace,
anyway him to act, and he insta shoves for 1400, and I think and fold. so thin, but ace or 9 are pretty much the only cards i'm folding as on a low str8 draw 160 is cheep most players will just call. Where as KQ has to much equity to just call.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    More importantly. Why didn't you play Sparce heads up after arranging that heads up match? 
  • edited April 2010

lol, such a donk, I have never and will never play sparce hu, because he is probably better than me. plz pm me rather than answer off topic, gl

• edited April 2010
    Why arrange it then? Bizarre. 
  • edited April 2010
    Interesting hand.

I would of rather see you bet 200-240 on the flop but that's personal preference.

I agree totally that the 9 in an awful card for you.  I don't think he had the KQ (why jam with a huge bet if you've just made the nuts).  More than likely the 9 had worried the SB as well and he's shutting the hand down.  This reasoning is following the sense from your post that the SB is an inexperienced and/or weak player.

Ok, the SB has jammed, what are you beating?  All I can think of is the QJ and that's less likely after the check raise than many other hands (AJ, JT, and sets).  The fold is correct IMO.  I would actually put the SB on JT o/s.

Now let's flip back to the flop, I'm not a major fan of your flat.  I would rather the shove than the flat.  It's a STT, let's save those chips for another hand or commit to it totally.