You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i'm new to the site. could someone answer a couple of questions please?

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

question 1 - could someone tell me what the term freezeout means?
 question 2 - when i am in a tournament how do i find out where the bubble is?

i apologise if these are stupid questions but i really don't know.

ps. i finished 4th in a field of 164 in a £2.20 scary. is this any good?
many thanks

Comments

• edited April 2010
    very funny ha ha :)

if you are serious then here you go but your not really are you!!

'Freeze out' means that you can not buy in anymore than once in a game or add on any more.
    'The Bubble' means you finished 1 less place before the money or getting paid

welcome to you m8 youll settle in nicely good luck although you seem to have started well with that placing.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to i'm new to the site. could someone answer a couple of questions please?:
     question 1 - could someone tell me what the term freezeout means?  question 2 - when i am in a tournament how do i find out where the bubble is? i apologise if these are stupid questions but i really don't know. ps. i finished 4th in a field of 164 in a £2.20 scary. is this any good? many thanks
    Posted by lozgo
    Nice One....you would have made a few quid for that
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to i'm new to the site. could someone answer a couple of questions please?:
     question 1 - could someone tell me what the term freezeout means?  question 2 - when i am in a tournament how do i find out where the bubble is? i apologise if these are stupid questions but i really don't know. ps. i finished 4th in a field of 164 in a £2.20 scary. is this any good? many thanks
    Posted by lozgo
    No questions are stupid.

1. To clarify the previous answers, a "freezeout" is a standard poker tournament where no re-buys (or add-ons) are allowed. Once you have lost all your chips you are out of the tournament. All MTTs (multi-table tournaments) on Sky Poker currently are freeze-outs although this may change in the future.

2. To find out where the "bubble" (i.e. the last place before the prize money) is in a tournament on Sky Poker, open the tournament lobby up and click on the 2nd tab that says "Blinds & Prize Structure". This will show you how many places are paid and how much each place gets paid. Remember that this will change before the tournament starts as more people join the tournament. As a rough "rule of thumb" a little more than 10% of the field get paid in most MTTs.

If you need any more information feel free to PM me or ask on this thread.

Congratulations on your success.
  • edited April 2010
    lol mere that one was.  i think this is cowgomoo attempting to multiaccount. 
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: i'm new to the site. could someone answer a couple of questions please?:
    In Response to i'm new to the site. could someone answer a couple of questions please? : No questions are stupid. 1. To clarify the previous answers, a "freezeout" is a standard poker tournament where no re-buys (or add-ons) are allowed. Once you have lost all your chips you are out of the tournament. All MTTs (multi-table tournaments) on Sky Poker currently are freeze-outs although this may change in the future. 2. To find out where the "bubble" (i.e. the last place before the prize money) is in a tournament on Sky Poker, open the tournament lobby up and click on the 2nd tab that says "Blinds & Prize Structure". This will show you how many places are paid and how much each place gets paid. Remember that this will change before the tournament starts as more people join the tournament. As a rough "rule of thumb" a little more than 10% of the field get paid in most MTTs. If you need any more information feel free to PM me or ask on this thread. Congratulations on your success.
    Posted by MereNovice
    many thanks for your answers. they helped a lot.