You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

you wait 4 one then 3 come along

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
was in the primo last nite so first is sorry to the player who had pair queens when cards turn 9 high had to go all in with 9 j was low stacked but 2 hit the 9 on river was worth it not because i got pot but seeing mr ed giddens almost fall off the chair. NOW FOR SOME ADVICE u got s/b and b/b behind u i`m second 2 act first folds now i have pocket aces so bet 4 times blind ( 2000b/b) they all fold very next hand pick pocket queens first to act 3 times blind all fold again then unbelievably very next hand i`m in big blind with pocket kings this is were i`m lookin 4 feedback of u guys and girls wth reraises previous 2 hands can i do it a third time so heres what did i`m n the b/b get 2 calls dont want to lose players a third time so i check, turn comes 2/5/9 rianbow s/b checks so wth 1 player 2 follow me i bet half pot they both fold ( we were not near bubble) so is there anyway off playin hands another way or did i play it right thanks 4 all imputs

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In poker you need to be lucky 3 times.
    A. You need to be lucky to get a good hand
    B. You need an oppo to have a good hand but not quite as good
    C. you need your hand to hold up.

It was just 1 of those situations where you didn't get anoyone who wanted to dance. If I were you I would of raised on the BB with KK, you have raised the 2 hands previous so they are now less likely to believe you have a hand so are likely to call and see if thye can hit. By checking your letting 2 sets of cards in to beat you.

The situation you should be looking for is be in position, vs 1 oppo with a nice healthy pot to play for. By checking, the pot is multi - way and small.

I believe vs 2 oppos with KK you are only around a 50% chance of winning the hand by the river.
  • edited April 2010

U shud raise all 3 times....pre flop....

And if you were playing this table for a while before this card rush came along, you should have realised how passive and tight the table was, and have been raising all the time, stealing blinds, winding people up, and creating an image at the table....

Then these 3 hands come along at once, and I guarantee you would have gotten action in at least 1 of the hands, just due to your table image  as people make a stand against you.

Thats the whole idea of an aggressive style, not only do you win chips without showing cards, and alot of the time with no hand, you also get paid off easier than a tight player when you get a rush of hands like this.

With the third hand, KK, u say you had 2 callers but didnt raise coz u didtnt want to lose ur customers?

2 things....

- The flop comes A high and u lose to A2 suited, do you complain about a bad beat and people playing rag aces?

- This is a perfect opportunity to exploit what I have said above, raising 3 hands in a row, the limpers might well have been holding 88, 99, TT, JJ, QQ, AK, and are limping in EXPECTING you to raise again.

Seems to me you had the perfect chance to cash in but missed out....
  • edited April 2010
    had it in cash before, playing 5 tables  and get AA on various tables within quick succession on the BB and every folds lol. its frustrating for sure.
  • edited April 2010
    whats worse is when you get 3 big hands in a row and loose them all lol, happened to me in a tourny last week first 3 hands QQ,AK,AA lost all 3 think the table thought i was abit of a psycho first two hands didnt end in showdown so when i raised big 3rd hand in a row someone pushed all in i call they had j9 flops a set bye bye me lol