You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dumb post

edited June 2010 in Sky Poker Live

Ugh.

I'm sure Lisa-Marie & Sarah will love that Post. Not.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    dumb post sorry
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Where are the chicks gone?:
    Ugh. I'm sure Lisa-Marie & Sarah will love that Post. Not.
    Posted by Tikay10
    where has michelle gone??

met her down swansea last year... didnt like being on the same table as her tho as her looks were putting me off!!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Where are the chicks gone? : where has michelle gone?? met her down swansea last year... didnt like being on the same table as her tho as her looks were putting me off!!!
    Posted by daz231023
    michelle now jetting all over world, we have to put up with tk, MMMMMM wwwwwwwwwhy????
  • edited April 2010
    Ugh. I'm sure Lisa-Marie & Sarah will love that Post. Not.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Of course they will love that post Tikay, lets be blunt here, analysts can look like the rear end of a hippo as they are there for their poker knowledge, Presenters (Orford the exception lol) are there for their presenting skills AND their aesthetic appearance shall we say, name one ugly female presenter on TV, i cant. Name one ugly male analyst on tv, i can lool, (joke)
  • edited April 2010
    Ed's a bit of alright.
  • edited April 2010
    Lisa- Marie has been off on holiday for the last few weeks and is now back on our screens. The lovely Sarah Champion has been working in LA but will be back with us on Sunday 2nd May and throughout the month.
    If we could find more female presenters who understood poker we would hire them, but trust me it isnt easy. We hosted screen tests 2 weeks ago and saw about 7 female presenters, but they knew nothing about poker.
    Tikay is always happy to put some make-up or a dress on for the viewers :)
  • edited April 2010
    Lisa- Marie has been off on holiday for the last few weeks and is now back on our screens. The lovely Sarah Champion has been working in LA but will be back with us on Sunday 2nd May and throughout the month. If we could find more female presenters who understood poker we would hire them, but trust me it isnt easy. We hosted screen tests 2 weeks ago and saw about 7 female presenters, but they knew nothing about poker. Tikay is always happy to put some make-up or a dress on for the viewers :)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Lol, when you put the feelers out for these applicants, did you not tell them they were required to have an understanding of poker? What about Ling doing a bit in front of the camera when she's not producing, she knows a thing or two about the game, and the make up department can do wonders these days lool (joke Ling ur a babe really)
  • edited April 2010
    Kitty Lea - I've seen her ... holding her own ... on a show AND she knows poker ;-)
  • edited April 2010
    Lisa- Marie has been off on holiday for the last few weeks and is now back on our screens. The lovely Sarah Champion has been working in LA but will be back with us on Sunday 2nd May and throughout the month. If we could find more female presenters who understood poker we would hire them, but trust me it isnt easy. We hosted screen tests 2 weeks ago and saw about 7 female presenters, but they knew nothing about poker. Tikay is always happy to put some make-up or a dress on for the viewers :)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Try the other way around - get some 'presentable' top female poker players, wack them on a presenters course, and Bob is your uncle!
  • edited April 2010
    Sounds like you are looking in the wrong place, you need to decide if it's easier to teach an amateur poker player to present than the other way round and then go advertise on the many & various poker forums.

You used to have Liv on some of your shows and now look what she's done...EPT Remo & Kara is a complete star nowadays. 

Both have something in common which never gets a mention because of their looks but they are both seriously, seriously bright and so have picked up poker and done really well.  Liv was picked in a comp to learn poker, a sort of Poker X-factor thing...

Stop looking in Central Casting for bimbos...if the lads here want nudity, there's plenty on elsewhere.

(Oh and get the software fixed and the player base will increase!  Give you more cash for the channel.)
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by Sky_Claire
     Claire.....I think I recall that somewhere in the dim and distant past Tikay did appear in a dress once or was that Richard Orford?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Where are the chicks gone? : where has michelle gone?? met her down swansea last year... didnt like being on the same table as her tho as her looks were putting me off!!!
    Posted by daz231023

Daz....The lovely Miss Orpe is currently doing the EPT circuit. Watched her yesterday at the San Remo event.
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by Sky_Claire

Hi again Claire...You could approach Liv Boeree. She seems to know a bit about poker playing so all you need to do is train her up on the presenting side of it......mind you, she might still be a bit busy counting her winnings!

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Where are the chicks gone? : Lol, when you put the feelers out for these applicants, did you not tell them they were required to have an understanding of poker? What about Ling doing a bit in front of the camera when she's not producing, she knows a thing or two about the game, and the make up department can do wonders these days lool (joke Ling ur a babe really)
    Posted by loonytoons
    Its one of the perks of dealing with Agents. They tell you these people can play poker etc but when it comes down to it they cant. I agree on the Ling thing, been nagging her for weeks :)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Where are the chicks gone? : Hi again Claire...You could approach Liv Boeree. She seems to know a bit about poker playing so all you need to do is train her up on the presenting side of it......mind you, she might still be a bit busy counting her winnings!
    Posted by bobcat52
    She is also a sponsored pro so its a conflict of interests to get her on the channel as a presenter/ expert.
  • edited April 2010
    Lisa is doing a cracking job but I'm also pleased to hear that Sarah is due back soon.

All in all though I think Sky have put together a terrific group of folks who all seem to play off each other tremendously well. 

The good humoured carping between Rich and TK alone means that I can sometimes risk putting on 865 during prime time hours wirthout too much complaining from the non-poker playing better half.

And to pick up on Machka's point I can also get away with it when Mr Ed is on as well for some strange reason.
  • edited May 2010
    Good to see Sarah back. Looking very fine indeed
  • edited May 2010
    Good to see Sarah back. Looking very fine indeed
    Posted by gavinr2302

Oh yes
  • edited May 2010
    So long as you (SKY)pay for all the operations and
    after care, I`m willing to go through any amount of
    operations and TRANIformations to become the
    ultimate SKY POKER PRESENTER.

NOTHING IS TOOOO MUCH!!!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    So long as you (SKY)pay for all the operations and after care, I`m willing to go through any amount of operations and TRANIformations to become the ultimate SKY POKER PRESENTER .         NOTHING IS TOOOO MUCH!!!!!!
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    Lovely. Sky Poker's very own Barbara ala League Of Gentleman. "Who'd want to bond with me? I'm neither nowt nor summit."
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Where are the chicks gone? : Lovely. Sky Poker's very own Barbara ala League Of Gentleman. "Who'd want to bond with me? I'm neither nowt nor summit."
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    "I`m a lady don`t you know",well could be if
    the price is right.
          "COME ON DOWN".