You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What to do, what to do...

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
This is in a regular tournament with 10 minute levels.  I am second in chips going into the hand.  I have no reads on the opponent, as she has just been moved to this table.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
VILAIN
Small blind   75.00 75.00 4862.50
Wilhelm Big blind   150.00 225.00 8152.50
  Your hole cards

PLAYER1
Fold        
PLAYER2
Call   150.00 375.00 4035.00
PLAYER3
Fold        
VILAIN
Call   75.00 450.00 4787.50
Wilhelm Check        
Flop

VILAIN
Bet   225.00 675.00 4562.50
Wilhelm Raise   675.00 1350.00 7477.50
PLAYER2
Fold        
DEBBIE222 Call   450.00 1800.00 4112.50
Turn

VILAIN
Bet   1800.00 3600.00 2312.50
Wilhelm Scratch head

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Fold and wait for a better spot
  • edited April 2010

so we now know who villain is, name left in after flop, opppssss

• edited April 2010
    bad kicker and st8 possibilities and on turn posible flush. fold and get um next time. unless you know they are at it which you say you didnt. Not only that no raise pre flop so could have rag A8,K8,Q8 and so on. Ive had a few of these trips and folded because of my kicker. When i have called ive had better kicker but they hit fh on river lol.
    but saying that he didnt reraise you on the flop when you bet over him just called i presume. Then on the turn shoved because of the spade. Which he either is representing the flush in which case why bet so much because he wants you in and a smaller bet to get you to move over the top or get you commited. personally its far to dangerous either way and just a gamble and in a torny you want to keep your deepstack until you do the trapping.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What to do, what to do...:
    Fold and wait for a better spot
    Posted by dylan12
    Next time we're playin Dylan and any kinda scare card comes on the turn, Im putting it all in!!!

Betchya call me with 17th pair nevermind trips!! lol

Nah in the hand above, I dont think they turn the flush then lead out for the pot - Do they?

And if you're gonna fold to this play everytime then you're gonna become a pushover. Then again, I can't fold, so I probably bust out the tourny here.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What to do, what to do... : Next time we're playin Dylan and any kinda scare card comes on the turn, Im putting it all in!!! Betchya call me with 17th pair nevermind trips!! lol Nah in the hand above, I dont think they turn the flush then lead out for the pot - Do they? And if you're gonna fold to this play everytime then you're gonna become a pushover. Then again, I can't fold, so I probably bust out the tourny here.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes I call YOU with 17th pair lol but I fold here - so many hands are beating me and I would be gambling - without any reads I would rather be patient and find another spot rather than risking half my stack. At the end of the day, as you will know JJ - good players can pick up reads within a few orbits and therefore would be able to get all the chips from villain without gambling so much.
  • edited April 2010
    My advice would be to break internet connection, and read 'As You Like It'.

Written by the famous ghost-writer and producer of West End Farces, Ray Cooney.

• edited April 2010
    so we now know who villain is, name left in after flop, opppssss
    Posted by BowieBoy
    oopse-doopse
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What to do, what to do... : Next time we're playin Dylan and any kinda scare card comes on the turn, Im putting it all in!!! Betchya call me with 17th pair nevermind trips!! lol Nah in the hand above, I dont think they turn the flush then lead out for the pot - Do they? And if you're gonna fold to this play everytime then you're gonna become a pushover. Then again, I can't fold, so I probably bust out the tourny here.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well, you and I don't, but if she puts me on an eight...

I think that Dylan's right, and If I had a minute more to think about it, I'd definately fold.
  • edited April 2010
    My advice would be to break internet connection, and read 'As You Like It'. Written by the famous ghost-writer and producer of West End Farces, Ray Cooney.
    Posted by FlutNush
    You forgot "actor".
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What to do, what to do... : You forgot "actor".
    Posted by Wilhelm

Darn you, sir. And your pedantic (but entirely correct) ways.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What to do, what to do... : Darn you, sir. And your pedantic (but entirely correct) ways.
    Posted by FlutNush
    Wouldn't it be gramatically incorrect to begin a sentence with "and"?  I'm just saying...
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What to do, what to do... : Wouldn't it be gramatically incorrect to begin a sentence with "and"?  I'm just saying...
    Posted by Wilhelm

Yes.

And no.
  • edited April 2010

You have made it quite clear to villan that you have something decent on the flop.  THe only thing we are really  beating is a bluff - either villan had completed flush or straight draw and is trying to protect from full house, or even if he has played trips badly, got scared and chucked a load at the pot, hes still going to have better kicker.  A bluff on a board this dangerous, when you have shown strength, seems unlikely.  Therefore I gotto fold. 

What was the result mate?