You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Are you having a Laugh

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
a

Check     
River

Fundz Bet  £2.28 £5.32 £0.71
a Call  £2.28 £7.60 £4.66
Fundz Show
  • A
  • A

a Show

a Win Three 6s £7.22  £11.88
WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE
WHERE DO YOU FIND THEM
IM SO STEAMING

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I wouldn't be larfin much with that.

• edited April 2010
    im p****ed offf.

i was to punch him or something
  • edited April 2010
    Hope you don't "was to punch" me after you read this post, fundz, but it seems to me you're anger is misdirected here. I think you played the hand quite poorly from beginning to end, and allowed the outdraw.

Passive play is one thing, but I think this borders on crazy.

1) After you get re-popped preflop, why not re-raise? The 3 bet by your opponent suggests he has a hand better than 6s, so I would be trying to get as much money (all, if possible) in pre-flop.

2) On the flop, he bets roughly one-third of the pot. If I was in your position, I would actually be concerned about the texture; I would put my opponent on "high cards", which could have him with all kinds of straight draws. Therefore, I'd 'bang the lot' in here. It doesn't give your opponent the price to draw, and I'd still be confident I was ahead with the aces.

3) On the turn, you simply MUST bet. The straight draws are improving / completing, and it's looking more and more dangerous. If we look at this from a purely results based point-of-view, if you push all in, there's no way you get a call, and you pick up a nice pot of £3, which is clearly better than losing the lot, as you ultimately do.

4) Why the shove? Are you shoving for value? If so, it doesn't fit in with the way you've played down the streets.

I'm afraid you played your hand far too passively, and sure, the Villain got lucky, but you definitely allowed him to do so, by not raising the flop, or putting any money in on the turn. Yes, aces are a fantastic hand, but they can - and often are - beaten.

Good luck, and I hope you manage to lose the anger from your game :-)
  • edited April 2010
    after the reraise i would have prob either pushed all in or reraised. or if you wanted him not to fold when the flop comes you just flat call his raise! again why not re raise to stop any worry cards? then when you see a st8 draw card you check?
    this shows weakness and an opportunity to hit his set. Not the best way to play it im affraid to say even though its horrible to get your As busted. was just to weak and he didnt believe you.
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah I must agree with the others here, he was controlling the situation whilst you just sat back and hoped your AAs cruised it. Pop a re-raise on the flop, if he still comes along then you HAVE to bet that turn, the 10 is a scary card but you still think the AAs are good so either bet it BIG or shove it in...definately need to get that over and done with on the Turn really.

Unlucky, keep it up.
  • edited April 2010

Let me get this right. We have Aces, & our opponent has Sixes. And we don't want him to call?

Just remind me, how many times out of ten do WE win this coup?

And how many times out of ten does Sixes man win it?

If we have Aces & Villain has Sixes & we do not want his Call, well, this is a form of poker that is new to me.
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2010

we dont want any calls with aces if we raise we want a fold with any hand its call 

if he called you and a 6 did not come  down would this still be here