You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best Man

edited April 2010 in The Shed
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just 16 days to go untill im the best man at my best mate of 17 years wedding and i havent got aclue what to say in my speach.  I havent got a creative bone in my body, and im not particulary good at standing up and speaking in front of a group of people either.

So cmon guys and girls I need your help pleaseeee,  im really running out of time, any ideas will be really appretiated.

Gareth

Comments

• edited April 2010
    what you need?

.... copious amounts of alcohol.

seriously though mate, good luck. i was my dad's best man a few years ago. my advice would be to not use any rubbishy templates and just write from the heart. a couple of glasses of champagne and you'll be fine
  • edited April 2010
    DONT MENTION

ANY EX GIRLFRIENDS
    COMEDY SITUATIONS INVOLVING SEX,STRIPPERS,DRUGS OR TAKING DRUGS AND HAVING SEX WITH STRIPPERS.
    ANY RUN INS WITH THE BOYS IN BLUE
    WHOS PAID FOR WHAT
    ANYTHING THAT HAPPEN ON THE STAG DO

DO MENTION

HOW LUCKY HE IS
    HOW LOVELY THE BRIDE,BRIDES MOTHER,BRIDESMAIDS AND ANY RICH FEMALE RELATIVES LOOK.
    COMEDY SITUITIONS WELL PREVIOUS TO MEETING WIFE BUT DEFINATLY NOT INVOLVING WOMEN

GOLDEN RULE

GET UP, GET IT DONE AND GET ON WITH THE DRINKING

GOOD LUCK M8
  • edited April 2010
    Thnaks u2,

I really am proper pooping myself over this, when i said yes to being best man I ahd hoped they would split up and not get married lol well they didnt get engaged after about 6 weeks.

To make things harder, the brides 23 year old borther died this year in a bike accidnet and i know she wants him to be mentioned, thats gonig to be a strain on her family.

Gareth
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Best Man:
    what you need? .... copious amounts of alcohol. seriously though mate, good luck. i was my dad's best man a few years ago. my advice would be to not use any rubbishy templates and just write from the heart. a couple of glasses of champagne and you'll be fine
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    LOL Rich, you end up at some posh do`s.....The last 2 weddings I have been at have resulted in fist fights and airbourne tables and chairs :0((
  • edited April 2010
    Check your PM`s Gareth, some humourous and Sensitive stuff on there.
  • edited April 2010
    Cheers emily i'll have a proper look at it shortly, as im being kicked off the puter right now so my daughter can go on cbeebies website grrrrrr shes been off schoolill back tomorrow thank god!!!
  • edited April 2010
    Ive just been having this conversation with a good mate of mine, who's best man next month at a mates doo....

But hes a christian....So his task is pretty much impossible...

He ran his first draft by me, full of gags, I was p1ssin myself.....then he told me, he'd ran it past the groom, who told him to cut everything out as his family wud be offended....

I had to stop him half way through the latest effort I was bored stiff - tough job m8!! I dnt envy ya