You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wasn't that a fantastic result for Liv Boeree?

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Well, I think so. I watched Liv all day yesterday and despite her stack going all Julian Thew on her a couple of times she held her nerve and played a blinder!

Throughout the day her heads up opponent Jakob Carlsson had led the table in chips and using this to good effect had raised and bullied from the off, taking a number of scalps along the way. Our Liv picked her spots well and when down to the final three really started to make her presence felt.

Toni Petterson who finished third had a couple of run-ins but in the 'let's-stare-each-other-out' competition had no answer to Liv's steady gaze.

In the last hour of the game with Liv she gradually wore down Jakob with her attacks and counter attacks and the expression on his face near the end said it all.

When the end came with the final all in her pocket fives held up against Jakob's Ace-Six Liv's face said it all, shock, amazement and then delight as it dawned on her that she'd won.

Another fine result was Michael Piper's fourth place, his Q-10 suited falling to Carlsson's A-K making a full house, earning him a big hug from Liv as opposed to the customary handshakes given to the previous fallers.

All in all, a satisfactory day for the Brits!!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    A tremendous result for a lovely lady.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Wasn't that a fantastic result for Liv Boeree?:
    Well, I think so. I watched Liv all day yesterday and despite her stack going all Julian Thew on her a couple of times she held her nerve and played a blinder! Throughout the day her heads up opponent Jakob Carlsson had led the table in chips and using this to good effect had raised and bullied from the off, taking a number of scalps along the way. Our Liv picked her spots well and when down to the final three really started to make her presence felt. Toni Petterson who finished third had a couple of run-ins but in the 'let's-stare-each-other-out' competition had no answer to Liv's steady gaze. In the last hour of the game with Liv she gradually wore down Jakob with her attacks and counter attacks and the expression on his face near the end said it all. When the end came with the final all in her pocket fives held up against Jakob's Ace-Six Liv's face said it all, shock, amazement and then delight as it dawned on her that she'd won. Another fine result was Michael Piper's fourth place, his Q-10 suited falling to Carlsson's A-K making a full house, earning him a big hug from Liv as opposed to the customary handshakes given to the previous fallers. All in all, a satisfactory day for the Brits!!
    Posted by bobcat52

I think I could stare at her all day 
  • edited April 2010
    Livs hawt.

My money had been on mendieta all the way, grats to liv and wazz.
  • edited April 2010
    How AWESOME was she?!! It all got a bit hairy there for a bit and she had to do her fair share of grinding...

But WHAT a RESULT!!

Girl did good!
  • edited April 2010
    Girlf defo done good wtg Liv :)