You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rakeback

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Will Sky ever introduce a fair rakeback system?

The cash for points "bonus" really isn't up to much, I consider myself a fairly regular player and will only be getting £30 back for this months play.

The Cash for point is a step forward from the time when there was no rakeback whatsoever, but will there ever be a time when there will be a good rakeback deal on here?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Rakeback:
    Will Sky ever introduce a fair rakeback system? The cash for points "bonus" really isn't up to much, I consider myself a fairly regular player and will only be getting £30 back for this months play. The Cash for point is a step forward from the time when there was no rakeback whatsoever, but will there ever be a time when there will be a good rakeback deal on here?
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Not one person have an opinion on this?

Weird.
  • edited July 2009
    It has been discussed in the community suggestions under improvements to the site i posted something on this as i am a cash player and would like to see proper rakebackas well i agree with you clio.
  • edited July 2009
    Is that for all players or just those that pay higher amounts?

Sky gives £1000 for 30,000 points in the cash for points deal. Thats 33%, but if you only earn 500 you will recieve a fiver, so 10%.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Guys,

i have had to remove a couple of posts in this thread, as i'm afraid we can't be seen to advertise any other sites.

As far as a rake back system goes - we run 'the cash for points' scheme and unfortunately wont be introducing another reward system.

Thanks for being understanding

Rich
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Rakeback:
    Is that for all players or just those that pay higher amounts? Sky gives £1000 for 30,000 points in the cash for points deal. Thats 33%, but if you only earn 500 you will recieve a fiver, so 10%.
    Posted by michael900
    Poker points don't represent rake. They are just a system made up by sky and don't account for the actual value of the raked pots you play.

Alot of sites offer 30% rakeback, with even better deals going elsewhere and it can make a HUGE difference. Basically ALL players who take the game seriously will have a good rakeback deal sorted out, unfortunately that is impossible on here.

As i say I've got 2,000 + pts for this month and will be getting a grand sum of 30 quid which sucks for the volume of poker I play.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Guys, i have had to remove a couple of posts in this thread, as i'm afraid we can't be seen to advertise any other sites. As far as a rake back system goes - we run 'the cash for points' scheme and unfortunately wont be introducing another reward system. Thanks for being understanding Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    If I'm being honest I think that is very poor form on Skys part.

Quick to listen for ideas on improvements but not where it actually involves a bit of fairness in return for the amount of rake we pay.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Rakeback : Poker points don't represent rake. They are just a system made up by sky and don't account for the actual value of the raked pots you play. Alot of sites offer 30% rakeback, with even better deals going elsewhere and it can make a HUGE difference. Basically ALL players who take the game seriously will have a good rakeback deal sorted out, unfortunately that is impossible on here. As i say I've got 2,000 + pts for this month and will be getting a grand sum of 30 quid which sucks for the volume of poker I play.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Hang on, its one point for every 10p in rake paid right?

30,000 points therefore = £3000 in rake. £1000 bonus = 33%

Unless im misunderstanding the system.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Rakeback : Hang on, its one point for every 10p in rake paid right? 30,000 points therefore = £3000 in rake. £1000 bonus = 33% Unless im misunderstanding the system.
    Posted by michael900
    It isn't at the cash tables...

The other sites that offer 'rakeback' aren't the actual poker sites themselves....these are affiliates who get paid per player referral, and the affilate then pays it to you.

I would imagine that it is possible to find an affiliate who will do this for Sky if you look hard enough.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Rakeback : It isn't at the cash tables... The other sites that offer 'rakeback' aren't the actual poker sites themselves....these are affiliates who get paid per player referral, and the affilate then pays it to you. I would imagine that it is possible to find an affiliate who will do this for Sky if you look hard enough.
    Posted by scotty77

Yeah, I didn't think it was at cash.

How does the rake work there?
  • edited July 2009
    It is impossible to know without third party tracker support.

But per 20 hands of 50nl cash you get 9 points, regardless of whether you have been involved of many big pots or not.
  • edited July 2009
    I often wonder why no poker site has ever "broken the mould" and dared to be different. The amount of rake charged seems to be an industry standard that all sites follow, so surely it would make a lot of business sense to take less rake, thus removing the need for rakeback or refunds? There's a certain site (which is quite new and has shitty software) that is now doing automatic rake reduction. The more you play, the less you pay. In theory, you can get upto a level where you play no rake AT ALL but the amount you have to turnover per month would require a 5 or 6 figure bank roll!