You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How are your 2010 targets coming along?

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Back towards the end of last year most of you will remember a thread I started about your goals for 2010. Just wondering how everyone is getting on so far?

Mine were to win 2 or 3 opens and finish top 20 on sharkscope. I have won 1 open and also finished 2nd, which along with other results has left me 11th on sharkscope, so im delighted with the start of my year and all is looking good.

My other aim was to qualify for vegas, I am playing the semi - final on Sunday so hopefully can get myself into the main event final on 2nd May.

Let us all know how your getting on...

Comments

• edited April 2010
    didnt have any targets mate but i think i am doing ok. in my short poker career i have managed a respectable 18th in TKO series 2 leg 1. i came 17th in last nights deepstack and also beat richard orford in the gigantic heads up match. so i am going along the right lines for certain, also i am in the primo on sunday. if i managed to cash in that it would be just incredible
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to How are your 2010 targets coming along?:
    Back towards the end of last year most of you will remember a thread I started about your goals for 2010. Just wondering how everyone is getting on so far? Mine were to win 2 or 3 opens and finish top 20 on sharkscope. I have won 1 open and also finished 2nd, which along with other results has left me 11th on sharkscope, so im delighted with the start of my year and all is looking good. My other aim was to qualify for vegas, I am playing the semi - final on Sunday so hopefully can get myself into the main event final on 2nd May. Let us all know how your getting on...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Congratulations mate great going hope it continues for you!!!
    i wasn't around last year but my goals for this year is to watch more people like you to improve my game

monkey123
  • edited April 2010
    Mine has been feast and famine on Sky. Had 3 wins - 2 Opens and the 12k BH but apart from that and some nice cash results it's been dire in tournaments. No complaints from me, although a bit more consistency would be nice.
  • edited April 2010

The last couple of weeks have been rather good for me as i've been getting on countless final tables in MTT's but have mainly been in medium sized buy-ins which is alright in some respects but being mr greedy like i can be at times, i want to take down one of the 8pm biggies on at least more than one occasion and there have been several golden opportunities playing in the 8pm'ers where i have been in a reasonable/super position where the opportunity was there to possibly take the whole thing down and i've squandered the opportunity in spectacular fashion and that really pees me off big style!!!

I think the words MUST TRY HARDER and DONT ATTEMPT TO PUNCH MY LAPTOP SCREEN should come into my vocabulary! :)

• edited April 2010
     I stopped playing in December and removed all my roll from here got a bit sick of poker tbh.
    In January decided to play again with specific targets.
    1: Get to a 4 figure roll from initial deposit of £200
    2: Play live at least once a week (mtt) and become profitable and win some live mtts 
    Target 1 was reached last month but variance has started to hit me so a bit up and down so took some cash out got some fitted wardrobes and the back garden decked out ready for summer. Poker in the garden in the decent weather (Technology is marvellous these days)
    Target 2 Initially played Pub Poker £10 buy in managed to qualify for Regional Finals but no major cashes or high finishes. I then found out my the local Gala has a £30 freezeout which i have done ok in, a few final tables and minor cashes then in last couple of weeks chopped one game for £350 each, 3rd last week for £150 and actually managed to win it this week for £440.
    Live poker is actually more profitable at the moment than online as I dont play as many mtts on Sky, bring back the £22 deepie with £500 gteed best game on Sky in My opinion, still cant understand why that game never got the runners it deserved.
    I have not played The Open on a regular basis but now the structures have improved will start playing them on a regular basis hopefully getting a decent cash or 2.
  • edited April 2010

mine is very basic ,

beat my personal best 20 dym on the bounce ,

and get skypoker on the sharkscope dym leaderboard ,

to do this i need to win 23 dym on the bounce !
  • edited April 2010
    i have been meaning to ask you about this thread flashflush.
    my target was to make £12k this year playing cash, im just over 7k to the good (was more but i like to do silly things) so hopfully might hit the £20k mark.  hopfully i can win the £220 mtt tonight that would be a very nice boost.
  • edited April 2010
    havnt really been playing any tornys since i came back. only the vegas really and i got to a couple of quarterfinals and best i did was come 5th on the bubble. My bankroll is non existent until i get a job so have been playin low stakes sit and go and a bit of cash. But have noticed that i got 'Ranked 15 in Any Game 5-6 Seated Super Turbo $2 and under Total Profit 2010 Leaderboard on sharkscope so a small result :)
  • edited April 2010

Good luck with the WSOP qualifiers Charlie!!!

As far as my Poker goals go.. To IMPROVE and to be gracious in  defeat. I think it's safe to say I'm failing ;)

• edited April 2010
    Good luck Charles, your good enough :)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: How are your 2010 targets coming along?:
    i have been meaning to ask you about this thread flashflush. my target was to make £12k this year playing cash, im just over 7k to the good (was more but i like to do silly things) so hopfully might hit the £20k mark.  hopfully i can win the £220 mtt tonight that would be a very nice boost.
    Posted by freechips1

7k ???? already?

What you need to do is coach me thats what you need to do.  We are both in Northwest so not too far im sure.  Payment, hmmmm, not sure what I could afford would float ur boat, but I can give you some free train rides, cmon you know you want to....

wd btw
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: How are your 2010 targets coming along?:
      mine is very basic ,  beat my personal best 20 dym on the bounce ,  and get skypoker on the sharkscope dym leaderboard ,  to do this i need to win 23 dym on the bounce !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    sky poker is on the sharkscope dym leaderboard ;)
  • edited April 2010
    targets were to play more omaha here, not met not enough traffic at big enough stakes

to try and play short stacked n limit 1-2m on here and make 7k profit in the year, 3k profit so far from very limited hands.

to play a lot more omaha on the other site i use, done although profit so far mainly from bonuses rather than beating the level on there