You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The £220 Double Stack tournie

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Just wanna say what an excellent tournie.

Really liked the field size and the fact that most of the runners were regulars.  It made for a far more interesting dynamic and the entire tournie played in a totally different way because of it.

Freechips1 was a worthy champion, so well done him.  ciaranco23 deserves a mention too for coming 6th and cashing 700.  You really hung on for so long....and he got into the tournie for free by getting his entry via the League Freeroll too!!!

Got to tip my hat off to phil12uk for his massive, massive fold fairly early on with KK.

Excellent show too, good stuff from LM and Ed.  Most of the hands shown tonight were of interest, and had some genuine thought process behind them, as opposed to the usual ones where everything is pretty standard. Although most of the chat on my table seemed to focus on LMs dress, and everyone was pretty annoyed by the presence of a certain clipboard.....:p

So yeah more tournies like this one please Sky.  I think that if you can do more tournies where the field is capped, thus making it more exclusive, then that would be a very good thing,

Comments

• edited April 2010
    The standard was really, really good.  When you see ur first table and it has Haysie, Tank, Gibb and Scotty, u know ur in for a tough time!!!

Made the right choice with the KK laydown but couldn't then find a good spot to get the chips back and I'm glad u put them to good use Scotty!!!

Well played Freechips - u never got that bad beat to bust u then!

Also, special mention to Ed, Lisa and Clipboard ;)  Let's hope that dress makes an appearance again soon Lisa!
    The analysis of hands and hands shown were much better than the usual 'impact hands' and I bet helped more new players learn skills than watching bh shovefests and luckyrivers.

I'm definitely going to play in this again and I'd advise as many people as possible to try and satelitte in.
  • edited April 2010
    What a super tournament !! Congratulations to Freechips, great result, and it was a pleasure playing on the same table as you for much of the game. Well done to all who cashed. There were quite a few names new to me who ran deep, and it was good to see at least one of them making it to the final table.

I was a bit disappointed to come 7th, but with the big payouts at the top, I had to push for the win. Maybe pushed too hard and ended up having great fun trying to hang on to reach the cash with a tiny stack.

Tony

• edited April 2010
    Thanks guys... That dress certainly set off my Cheekbones.. Hahaha. Thank god for that Clip board!!!

Very well played all.. Phil that laydown with the KK was breathtaking. WOW. 

Tony, I was gutted for you.. You played SO well and I think it was right move, bad timing! :(

Freechips played a blinder all night and defo earned the win.. special mentions to Joesman for some interesting and well timed moves and Ciaranco for clawing, grinding and WILLING his way into the cash!!

Ryan you were really unlucky at the end there.. Congratulations on Cashing and thanks for providing us with some great action!! 

This was one of the best nights for me in terms of seeing really considered, well thought out play. Awesome stuff!! I definitely learned a thing or two from Ed's analyses and bless him he managed to look me in the eyes every time ;)

xxx

• edited April 2010
    That was a great advert for the tournament, and was just brilliant TV.

Agree with all the points above. The enthusiastic presenting was great from LML and Ed, and I particularly liked the way Ed wanted to keep slowing the analysis down, and show less hands, but dissect and explain the play much more thoroughly... because a lot of those plays deserved such scrutiny. I certainly learned a lot just by watching. Top stuff.

Great job guys, and well done to all the players.

• edited April 2010
    Well done all who cashed, great game, great standard. Very well done freechips, watched his table throughout some great play from all. Unlucky Tank for going out on the bubble, didn't think that bubble would ever burst! Well done penguin on cashing, you where up and down like a yo yo, never giving up. Excellent play by all, well done.
  • edited April 2010

Re: tonights 8k deepstackposted at 22/4/2010 1:02 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
    First: 17/6/2009
    Last: 22/4/2010
    2 bets, Both of the freechips'.....£20 on the nose, 

• edited April 2010
    PAY ME!!!!

First time Ive ever watched the whole live show on sky poker, when Ive not been involved.
    I normally catch the repeat throughout the day, when theres nothing on, but couldnt 
    take my eyes off this. WP to the above names, and plays, but I don't think anyone has
    mentioned the runner up yet, he was my pick for his play on the bubble, relentless
    positional raising, torturing the short stack, Ciaron, who somehow hung on....Im not sure 
    what happened heads up...but wp that man.

Nice to see Scotty and Penguin up there again, I really dunno how you can me SO consistent
    in MTT's....its amazing how u r ALWAYS in the mix....

Yeh very gud stuff to watch - may attempt to qualify for the next one as it would be even
    better the be involved.....

Final wd to freechips, talk about changing gears, nobody was doing anything, so decided to 
    nock the last 8 players out himself, haha. £20 at 50/1 - call it £100 ;)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The £220 Double Stack tournie:
    PAY ME!!!! First time Ive ever watched the whole live show on sky poker, when Ive not been involved. I normally catch the repeat throughout the day, when theres nothing on, but couldnt  take my eyes off this. WP to the above names, and plays, but I don't think anyone has mentioned the runner up yet, he was my pick for his play on the bubble, relentless positional raising, torturing the short stack, Ciaron, who somehow hung on....Im not sure  what happened heads up...but wp that man. Nice to see Scotty and Penguin up there again, I really dunno how you can me SO consistent in MTT's....its amazing how u r ALWAYS in the mix.... Yeh very gud stuff to watch - may attempt to qualify for the next one as it would be even better the be involved..... Final wd to freechips, talk about changing gears, nobody was doing anything, so decided to  nock the last 8 players out himself, haha. £20 at 50/1 - call it £100 ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanks for nice comments again m8. Just hope I can be "in the mix" in Vegas !

Be good to see you in the next one, you keep telling us that your tourny game isnt good enough. It is... I watched you come 2nd in Velocity the other night. I think you should play the Dantb10 on Sunday too, you belong in top class fields like this !
  • edited April 2010
    Hi all

I reakon LM borrowed that clipboard off of Orford, it stayed erect most of the night ;), I only wish I could trade plces with it for last night siiiighhhh ;), great game and brill show, thank you LM and Ed and well played everyone.
  • -v--v-
    edited April 2010
    Thanks guys... That dress certainly set off my Cheekbones.. Hahaha. Thank god for that Clip board!!! 

This was one of the best nights for me in terms of seeing really considered, well thought out play. Awesome stuff!! I definitely learned a thing or two from Ed's analyses and bless him he managed to look me in the eyes every time ;) xxx
    Posted by LML
    I noticed this on tv last night and watched for about 20 minutes. Never seen any of the poker action though thanks to Lisa's magnificent performance. Great stuff Lisa
  • edited April 2010
    thanks for your kind comments.

i have been on a bit of a bad run the past week so was due a bit of luck.  i did get my share of luck, my KJ vs nutters AK and my AK vs KK.

i would like to thank sky for putting on such a great tourney with a very good structure, i hope we can have the same tourney every month.

did i realy take out the last 8 players? wish it was a bounty hunter, lol

i dont think ed giddins clicked on that their was 2 freechips in the same comp.
  • edited April 2010
    thanks for your kind comments. i have been on a bit of a bad run the past week so was due a bit of luck.  i did get my share of luck, my KJ vs nutters AK and my AK vs KK. i would like to thank sky for putting on such a great tourney with a very good structure, i hope we can have the same tourney every month. did i realy take out the last 8 players? wish it was a bounty hunter, lol i dont think ed giddins clicked on that their was 2 freechips in the same comp.
    Posted by freechips1

There was a very high standard of play throughout this tournament, I hope its an every month event too, well played freechips1, you are right I didnt click on that there were two "freechips" but Im sure you took out 8th 7th 5th and 4 th obv you took out 2nd, I cannot remeber you assasinating 3rd as well but either way it was a pretty destructive performance. Nice work.
  • edited April 2010
    3rd was the JQ clubs......you were in 2 minds if it was a good call or not ED, till the flop came queen high, and you decided a fold would have been too tight. lol

Gr8 show, forgot to thank the presenters - the commentary on the heads up was very good, and very funny! - ill be in nxt time hopefully!

DOHH
  • edited April 2010
    I'll be completly honest, I was very skeptical about this tournament leading up to it. I thought the buy in may be abit excessive, and with a maximum of 60 runners, I thought it would take away lots of peoples reasons for watching.

How I was wrong. Absolutely fantastic tournament! One thing that I did like going in was the blind/chip stack structure. It was great viewing, with lots of great poker, one that I personally believe any fan of poker could have sat back and enjoyed.

It changed my mind on the buy in level, and number of runners. The tournament came across as something that was really special, and something that will give people the hunger to play in.

I really hope this continues, as I can see many more players looking to the satelites to get into this great tournament.

Congratulations Sky, well done to Freechips1, and great job on the presenting front.
  • edited April 2010
    3rd was the JQ clubs......you were in 2 minds if it was a good call or not ED, till the flop came queen high, and you decided a fold would have been too tight. lol Gr8 show, forgot to thank the presenters - the commentary on the heads up was very good, and very funny! - ill be in nxt time hopefully! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Cheers JJ,   btw in that jq hand do you ever fold considering if you do double up the oppo hes then a threat or do you take a chance to get heads up with a 7-1 chip lead ?
  • edited April 2010

ED I never fold, ever, coz I cant! ha

Nah I call too, I still back myself to win 3 handed with what would still be a pretty healthy chip lead. He was running hot too, nice to feel in that zone where everything is going for ya, momentum obv has no effect on the outcome really, as the odds all in pre flop are fixed, but it does feel that way sometimes!!!!

• edited April 2010
    I'll be completly honest, I was very skeptical about this tournament leading up to it. I thought the buy in may be abit excessive, and with a maximum of 60 runners, I thought it would take away lots of peoples reasons for watching. How I was wrong. Absolutely fantastic tournament! One thing that I did like going in was the blind/chip stack structure. It was great viewing, with lots of great poker, one that I personally believe any fan of poker could have sat back and enjoyed. It changed my mind on the buy in level, and number of runners. The tournament came across as something that was really special, and something that will give people the hunger to play in. I really hope this continues, as I can see many more players looking to the satelites to get into this great tournament. Congratulations Sky, well done to Freechips1, and great job on the presenting front.
    Posted by SNOWY37
    If only sky had a day dedicated to the £22 deepstack when it was around then people would of realised that this kind of poker is not as boring as people think,and there is alot of play in it. I think if this happened, then the £22 ds would now be getting 40-50+ runners!!

Great show, thanks Ed for basicly telling everyone right at the start of the show to keep raising me!! Was hoping I would get to use that to my advantage but the key hand for me was AK, vs JJ which I didnt hit and bust out.

Well played to freechips1 who won and well played to hurst who owned me live on TV. (I blame Ed for that 1).
  • edited April 2010
    ED I never fold, ever, coz I cant! ha Nah I call too, I still back myself to win 3 handed with what would still be a pretty healthy chip lead. He was running hot too, nice to feel in that zone where everything is going for ya, momentum obv has no effect on the outcome really, as the odds all in pre flop are fixed, but it does feel that way sometimes!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cheers , makes sense.
      Thinking back yes its too tight a fold.
  • edited April 2010
    good tournament but i didnt really pick up any hands and lost in a race in the end but after my hand vs flash was shown i couldnt get a single bet through haha
  • edited April 2010
    Is there anyplace you can view the results of past tournies list, I'd like to see how this one ended up
  • edited April 2010
    freechips12000001£3000 + 40 League PointsTimo61502£2000 + 36 League Pointsjoesman103£1400 + 28 League Pointsscotty7704£1000 + 22 League PointsSnodbhoy05£800 + 18 League Pointsciaranco2306£700 + 14 League Pointspenguin707£600 + 10 League Pointscougar19608£500 + 6 League PointsTHETANK09 Mac77010 dylan12011 emma33012 BIGD1NGA013 Nutter5932014 BBIZARE015

• edited April 2010
    freechips1 200000 1 £3000 + 40 League Points Timo615 0 2 £2000 + 36 League Points joesman1 0 3 £1400 + 28 League Points scotty77 0 4 £1000 + 22 League Points Snodbhoy 0 5 £800 + 18 League Points ciaranco23 0 6 £700 + 14 League Points penguin7 0 7 £600 + 10 League Points cougar196 0 8 £500 + 6 League Points THETANK 0 9   Mac77 0 10   dylan12 0 11   emma33 0 12   BIGD1NGA 0 13   Nutter5932 0 14   BBIZARE 0 15
    Posted by scotty77

TY Scotty... and well played, nice Grand for you there 

• edited April 2010
    Bloody laptop!!!! clicked fold by mistake on wen on big blind (6000)with king - 10.only had bout 12000 left .would have trebled up ,then had enough to push big blind off his 6-2.Had ace 5 ,and obviously its a instacall for extra 6000.bit gutted but these things happen.Still ,£800 foe a freebie aint too bad. Great tourney hope to see it become a regular event.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The £220 Double Stack tournie : TY Scotty... and well played, nice Grand for you there 
    Posted by JockBMW

ANOTHER EN!!!!!!

U seen the advert on skypoker - asking the pros what they'd do with a million quid.....and they all say "put it with my other millions" GRRRRRRRRRRR

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The £220 Double Stack tournie : ANOTHER EN!!!!!! U seen the advert on skypoker - asking the pros what they'd do with a million quid.....and they all say "put it with my other millions" GRRRRRRRRRRR
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

That's what I would do with my £2.20 DYM wins
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah was a really good tournament and apart from the end i think most people had above 10bbs all way through + more. 

I would love this to run monthly or even bi-monthly but i would only tweak it by adding maybe 2 more levels. This would be where antes kicked in and allow for a slightly deeper game for maybe 2 levels more and introduce antes into sky at a tournament where the buy-in reflects the norm.
  • edited April 2010
    Bloody laptop!!!! clicked fold by mistake on wen on big blind (6000)with king - 10.only had bout 12000 left .would have trebled up ,then had enough to push big blind off his 6-2.Had ace 5 ,and obviously its a instacall for extra 6000.bit gutted but these things happen.Still ,£800 foe a freebie aint too bad. Great tourney hope to see it become a regular event.
    Posted by Snodbhoy

Thanks for this Snodbhoy, I took into consideration your fold with TT around bubble time and just thought you were laddering, unlucky with the discon,  btw  I liked the TT fold others would think it too tight.
  • edited April 2010
    WP all - not a good tourney for me - a couple of bad calls (one where I miread teh board doh) and then discoed with about 8 bbs left - blinded out by the reconnected - doubt I wd have got anywhere but disappointing nevertheless, and my imaginary dog took one hell of a kicking.  Ed's comment about two tables of three was hilarious lol