You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

all poker sites including sky.

edited April 2010 in Area 51
Set up situations in cash games where a number of players make good hands, allowing more money to go into the pot, raising the rake. Its all a money making scheme.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Yet your a member of a poker site????

As there is a cap on rake (i think it's £1.70 or something on here) then why exactly would they bother? pots will constantly get above the £17 mark all on there own so if it's £17 or £1700 Sky (and all other poker sites) make the same amount on the rake.

I think you may need to think your ideas through a little more sir
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to all poker sites including sky.:
    Set up situations in cash games where a number of players make good hands, allowing more money to go into the pot, raising the rake. Its all a money making scheme.
    Posted by GotTheJob
    It would be boring if they dealt everyone 7-2 and 8-3 off suit every hand, I for one am thankful to them for making it interesting, don't mind paying that bit extra in rake, to occasionally get a decent hand.

Its good business sense.
  • edited April 2010
    Online supermarkets are at it too, setting up situations to make you spend more. Just now on Ocado I ran up a bill of about £120 for loads of stuff, but I'd originally gone on for just a pack of beer and some toilet rolls.

• edited April 2010
    Its just my belief, and you get the right situation your alright. I play on here and enjoy it, but sadly i think it is the case
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: all poker sites including sky.:
    Online supermarkets are at it too, setting up situations to make you spend more. Just now on Ocado I ran up a bill of about £120 for loads of stuff, but I'd originally gone on for just a pack of beer and some toilet rolls.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    just beer and toilet rolls.... planning something special?
  • edited April 2010

anyone that believes all poker sites are fixed has simply not played enough poker

grow up, play some more poker, get out play some live poker, and maybe just maybe you will come to your senses one day

im not holding my breath though

• edited April 2010
    as i said before why would sky risk there reputation of all there other sites/ventures like tv,vegas,bet,bingo,internet all to make a few grand on rake by fixing what hands get put up against each other? it wouldn't be worth the risk as if they got caught doing this they would stand to loose 1000x more than they would ever make fixing the cards?

I may be completely wrong in what im saying but thats how i see it.

Feel free to correct me (if your not chat banned yet)
  • edited April 2010

There was another post on here that insulted me but the OP has decided to delete it!

so, not only is he a fool, he is also a coward

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: all poker sites including sky.:
    as i said before why would sky risk there reputation of all there other sites/ventures like tv,vegas,bet,bingo,internet all to make a few grand on rake by fixing what hands get put up against each other? it wouldn't be worth the risk as if they got caught doing this they would stand to loose 1000x more than they would ever make fixing the cards?  I may be completely wrong in what im saying but thats how i see it.   Feel free to correct me (if your not chat banned yet)
    Posted by robc
    I agree with all you say robc,buttttt probably not sky vegas.lol gl dav