You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Would you play the £22 deepstack if it was brought back?

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Following on from the 8k £220 deepstack on Thursday, alot of people realised how good these structures are and how much play is in them. I really wish the £22 deepstack was still around and we could have this kind of structure every night again!!

After seeing/playing in such a great tournament are there anymore people who would play this again. If so we could put it to sky to retry the tournament.

For those that were not around it was a:
£22 buyin
£300 GTD
5,000 Chips
15 Min blinds
top 6 gtd payout (Only tourney on the site that did this)

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Once or twice for me mate, if I didnt play it, id always sharkscope one of the regs the morning afterwards, to see the result.

It just takes too long to get going for me, but if you're into that sorta game, as loads seem to be, it should deffo be brought back.

I played it once, my first every deepstack on sky, was a friday night, about 7 months ago, I came 2nd, and there were 57 runners I think....

Being new I thought this was the norm, but it dropped to 15-25 after that......Maybe run it 2/3 times a week on the busy (friday) nights?
  • edited April 2010
    I voted every night I could. It was the best structured tournament on here, always a good game
  • edited April 2010
    I'd play a couple of times per week, more so if it attracted 40/50 runners so that there was a decent prize pool. If it got good runners then probably 4/5 days a week.

Would like it to be on at 7.45 as from memory it was on at 7 which was a bit early.

If Sky put it in the yellow banner and did a live show once a month dedicated to it then the numbers would easily hit that.
  • edited April 2010
    i would defo play evry night.x
  • edited April 2010
    Tournaments for me,  6 seated online (12 min blinds  are plenty)  playing time 3-4 hours

Time on the hand,   is  more important in my view,  20 secs is  not enough in the later stages..

I can see why some people want this  sort of structure, especially if they are multi-tabling, but the best game they  ever had here,  for me  was 'The Five 0'  ..

That all said, there's something  for everyone in the main .....

except maybe 9/10 seat tournaments
  • edited April 2010
    1 or 2 a week for me too,
    but you deffo need 40 - 50 runners,
    its obv long therefore, needs to be worthwhile
    by the look o last nights torney, thursday seem like a decent day to run it

gadge
  • edited April 2010
    Get it back on
  • edited April 2010
    I would also play 3/4 nights a week, but it needs at least 30+ runners !!

Last time i played finished 4th and won £50 so for 3/4 hrs work, thought it was terrible value and did not enter again.

Over 30 runners COUNT ME IN !!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Would you play the £22 deepstack if it was brought back?:
    I'd play a couple of times per week, more so if it attracted 40/50 runners so that there was a decent prize pool. If it got good runners then probably 4/5 days a week. Would like it to be on at 7.45 as from memory it was on at 7 which was a bit early. If Sky put it in the yellow banner and did a live show once a month dedicated to it then the numbers would easily hit that.
    Posted by scotty77
    All of what scotty says + do some sats for it,after all it is a £22 tourny and i couldnt afford it EVERY night but i could afford the SATS every night that it is on.dav
  • edited April 2010
    It often attracted some of the best players on the site,Phil, Gregg, FIFT, Anjie,Mabsue, yourself Flash as well as TK, Rich, and James. I loved playing it the standard was high and produced some great poker. Even if it came back for one night a week to start with im sure we could get 30 + players, Just not sure it worked every night in my opinion.
    Fingers Crossed TB
  • edited April 2010

Bring it back please! with a GTD of £300 to start as a trial?

I used to play it every night, but these days i would look to play it once or twice a week

I agree with tallboy that this tourney was great fun and had a lot of good players in, which was challenging! but that made it all the more fun.

• edited April 2010
    used to play this regular

however in the end it became basically an exceedingly high standard sit and go
  • edited April 2010

Hi Charles i have voted for satalited in as i could deffo afford that £22 buy-in a bit steep for me at mo dtw
  • edited April 2010
    I would play it if it was on at the weekend definatly! ill be playin the dantbdeepstack probably every sunday if it stays and gets enough runners! was the 22 deepy weeknights or weekends?
  • edited April 2010
    I loved this tourney and would play whenever I could!!! Please give it another try Sky! :)
  • edited April 2010
    I wd play most nights - but only if was getting 20+ runners
  • edited April 2010
    It would be great 2 c this bk n would try 2 play it most nites but i would say only have it on a few nites a week with a gd GTD n hope it would get ppl playing it
  • edited April 2010
    So looking at it the generally feeling of this is yes people want to play it but maybe not every night. Could sky give this another go? Maybe do it on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday?

Tuesday being "Community night" Thursday is TV night, Sunday we have the dantb deepstack I think this would kick off again if we gave it another go.

Please Sky, even a £300 GTD to start things as a trial, top 6 paid again as before. All in favor say IIIIIII
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Would you play the £22 deepstack if it was brought back?:
    So looking at it the generally feeling of this is yes people want to play it but maybe not every night. Could sky give this another go? Maybe do it on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday? Tuesday being "Community night" Thursday is TV night, Sunday we have the dantb deepstack I think this would kick off again if we gave it another go. Please Sky, even a £300 GTD to start things as a trial, top 6 paid again as before. All in favor say IIIIIII
    Posted by FlashFlush
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
  • edited April 2010
    It was an enjoyable tournament but only when it attracted 20+ fields. Yes it would be good to see it back but I think Sky gave it a good run, and there were a lot of us who did our best to promote it here in the forum.

The idea of paying top 6 was attractive to some, but I found that with only 20 or so players the cash was spread so thinly, that after 3 or 4 hours of tough play I would reach the final table and be lucky to double my investment. Playing a 22 dym was quicker, a lot easier and just as profitable !

Hopefully a different time or day may produce more interest.

It will also be interesting to see what level of support the Dantb10 deepstack generates on a regular basis. The higher buyin will obviously put some people off, but the more worthwhile rewards will also attract others. And with the benefit of satellites it may succeed.
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2010
    id give it a go