You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (24th/25th)

edited April 2010 in The Shed
Only a couple of weekend's left to try and take some money off the bookies so let's hope we can all manage it this weekend. The biggest problem we all have now of course is that there are increasingly more teams with pretty much nothing left to play for so it's all about trying to find the few gems that are left & making the most of them.
Apologies in advance for the long OP, I know not everyone likes them.

3 bets as usual for me this week & hopefully I've found enough for at least one winner
Main Acca:
Blackpool to beat Peterborough (A) @ 4/6Millwall to beat Leyton Orient (H) @ 4/11Norwich to beat Gillingham (H) @ 4/9Huddersfield to beat Stockport (A) @ 1/2Livingston to beat Montrose (A) @ 4/6
These 5 are paying a healthy 7/1
Blackpool are one of three teams that can still achieve a play off spot & this game couldn't have come at a better time for them. They're currently 2 points behind Swansea who occupy the last play off spot. Blackpool have won 5 & lost 1 of their last 6 home & away including impressive victories against Swansea (5-1) & Forest (3-1). Their only defeat in the last 6 came at St James Park where Newcastle are unbeaten all season. They're up against a Peterborough side who have one draw & 7 defeats in their last 8 home & away and are already relegated. Boro are also without their 2 main attacking threats in Izale McLeod & Aaron Mclean & it's highly likely that 1st choice keeper Joe Lewis is gonna miss the game too with a hip injury.Millwall are currently 1 point off the 2nd automatic spot & they come up against a Leyton Orient side fighting against relegation. However being at home they should have little trouble against an Orient side who only have one win on the road in their last 15!Norwich only need one point to clinch the League one title but there's little danger of Gillingham getting anything from Carrow Road. Grant Holt's back for the canaries & is looking to break the club record for most league goals in a season. Again, Gillingham are also fighting for their lives at the bottom & picked up a fantastic win against Leeds at home last week but it's their away form that's keeping them down the bottom as they've yet to win in 21 attempts away from Preistfield this season.Huddersfield currently occupy the last play off spot in League 1 & are up against basement boys Stockport. With 3 points here they could guarantee their play off spot if Colchester fail to beat Tranmere at home (and tbh, even if Colchester do win as expected they'll pretty much get it anyway because of their superior goal difference)Livingston are a small gamble here as they're already Scottish division 3 champions but they're up against bottom of the league Montrose who have won only 4 games all season & 3 of those came away from home.
Long Shot Acca:
Sunderland to beat Hull (A) @ 2/1West Ham to beat Wigan (H) @ 4/5Charlton to beat Exeter (A) @ 5/4Swindon to beat Wycombe (A) @ evensBournemouth to beat Burton (A) @ 6/5Notts Co to beat Port Vale (A) @ 5/4
These 6 are paying a whopping 119/1!!! Will it come in? Probably not (after all, it's 119/1 for a reason), but it's certainly worth a quid.
Villa did us a huge favour in midweek when they beat Hull & now it's Sunderland's turn. True, Sunderland haven't been great on the road this season with only 1 win in 17 but believe it or not, there are worse teams in this division than my beloved Hammers & Hull are one of them. It won't be pretty but I think Sunderland will nick it.A win at home to Wigan will pretty much secure our place in the top flight next season if Hull lose. We've got a decent record at home to Wigan & I think we can nick it in a very tight game (plus super Scotty Parker's back).Charlton have pretty much guaranteed their play off place (technically they still need a point) but more importantly they're not out of the running for the 2nd automatic spot as they're only 3 points behind Leeds who currently occupy it. They've got a tricky trip to Exeter who are fighting relegation but given what's at stake here the 5/4 on offer was too good to turn down.Swindon have gone a little off the boil recently but surprisingly they're also still in with a shout of automatic promotion! Their play off spot is secure & they're currently 2 points behind Leeds. Depending on results elsewhere, 3 points for Swindon could relegate Wycombe & even money for a team that have generally been really strong all season is worth the risk of inclusion.A point for the Cherries at Burton should be enough to see them promoted to League 1 depending on Rotherham's result at Barnet. However, 3 points will definitely clinch it & They're up against a Burton side with nothing left to play for.Depending on Rochdale's result at Hereford, Notts County could secure the League 2 title with 3 points against Vale. However Vale are still in with a shout of getting a play off spot so despite County's recent good form this is gonna be tricky.
Handicap Acca:
Sunderland (+1) to beat Hull (A) @ 4/7Reading (+1) to beat Watford (A) @ 8/15Colchester (-1) to beat Tranmere (H) @ 2/1Millwall (-1) to beat Leyton Orient (H) @ evensNorwich (-1) to beat Gillingham (H) @ 11/10
These 5 are currently paying 29/1 
Like I said at the start (assuming you're still reading this far down, lol) it's a tricky time to find some value with so many teams having little left to play for & this could be the last weekend to really find it so good luck to all with their bets tomorrow.
Jay

Comments

• edited April 2010

Two £5 accas pay £60 and £71
    1. Norwich v Gillingham Norwich @ 4/9
    2. Millwall v Leyton Orient Millwall @ 4/11
    3. Nottm. Forest v Plymouth Nottm. Forest @ 4/7
    4. Newcastle v Ipswich Newcastle @ 8/15
    5. Middlesbro' v Coventry Middlesbro' @ 4/6
    6. Bolton v Portsmouth Bolton @ 1/2

1. Man United v Tottenham Over 2.5 Goals @ 8/13
    2. Sheff. Utd v Swansea Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
    3. Middlesbro' v Coventry Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
    4. Walsall v Hartlepool Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6
    5. Crewe v Acc. Stanley Over 2.5 Goals @ 8/11

be lucky

achill

• edited April 2010

hi all 1st bet is a Patent / 2nd is a long shot Yankee & 3rd is my 8 Team Accum gl 2 all dtw

1. Arsenal v Man. City
    2. Man. City @ 14/5
    3. Hull v Sunderland
    4. Sunderland @ 2/1
    5. Man United v Tottenham
    6. Tottenham @ 5/1
    7. Valencia v Deportivo         Deportivo to win    @  6/1
    8. Arsenal v Man. City            Man.City to win       @   14/5
    9. Hull v Sunderland                Sunderland to win  @  2/1
    10. Man United v Tottenham   Spurs to win            @  5/1

1. Wycombe v Swindon
    2. Swindon @ evens
    3. Ross Co. v Partick
    4. Ross Co. @ 10/11
    5. Port Vale v Notts Co.
    6. Notts Co. @ 5/4
    7. Morecambe v Dagenham
    8. Morecambe @ 5/4
    9. Norwich v Gillingham
    10. Norwich @ 4/9
    11. Southampton v Carlisle
    12. Southampton @ 4/9
    13. Peterborough v Blackpool
    14. Blackpool @ 4/6
    15. Doncaster v Scunthorpe
    16. Doncaster @ evens
    1. edited April 2010
      GolfBallantinesEnd of Round 2 LeaderEnd of Round 2 Leader 24/04/2010 01:30Fraser M (Win) @ 5/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 3 places.)
      Had this golf bet come in £10 e/w so i've stuck an extra bet on.

6 x 5fold @ £1 aline pays £114
      1. Arsenal v Man. City Both teams to score @ 8/13
      2. Man United v Tottenham Both teams to score @ 5/6
      3. Wolves v Blackburn Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/13
      4. Watford v Reading Both teams to score @ 4/6
      5. Port Vale v Notts Co. Notts Co. @ 5/4
      6. Burton Albion v Bournemouth Both teams to score @ 10/11

Be lucky

achill

2. edited April 2010
      I could really do with a win today, i'm meeting a lady soon who is so smoking hot she makes Cheryl Cole look like Anne Widdecombe. ;-)

Here's my main acca:

West Ham
      Cardiff
      Newcastle
      Notts Forest
      Colchester
      Southampton
      Huddersfield

Pays 27/1

Good luck everyone.
    3. edited April 2010
      Here's my draw acca:

Arsenal v Man City
      Wolves v Blackburn
      Sheff Utd v Swansea
      Burton v Bournemouth
      Port Vale v Notts County

Pays 433/1

Hooters here i come. :-)
    4. edited April 2010

okay £10.85...at 13/2 on...

Donny to beat Scu/nthorpe

West Ham to beat Wigan

Southampton to beat Carlisle

N'castle to beat Ipswich 

80 off sheets for the win, gl all!!!!!
    5. edited April 2010
      Ohhh West Ham don't do it to me again !!!!

West Ham, Leeds and Hull are the 3 teams that kill me every week!

6. edited April 2010
      Okay 3 bets are up.....and I cant see any of them throwing it away...apart from maybe donny....

Cmon NEWCASTLE !!!!!!

7. edited April 2010
      4 from 5 looking good on my main acca so far, just need a Norwich goal now
    8. edited April 2010
      PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no more goals in the 5 games from my main acca now.

Although a winning goal for West Ham would be nice
    9. edited April 2010

Dony score in the 87th minute, evertything is winning, 2 minutes to hold on, and the Geordies concede....

Absolutely GUTTED !!!
    10. edited April 2010
      In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (24th/25th):
      Dony score in the 87th minute, evertything is winning, 2 minutes to hold on, and the Geordies concede.... Absolutely GUTTED !!!
      Posted by DOHHHHHHH
      So, so unlucky mate. That's a real bad beat, really feel for ya.

Chin up though, we'll win some coin on the boxing. ;-)
    11. edited April 2010
      ul there JJ

However........................................................................

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a fantastic day for me. First of all I find a fiver just sitting on the floor when in town shopping earlier, Spurs get done up at Old Trafford, my main acca comes in to win me just under £50, Hull lose at home & my boys pick up a fantastic win at home to Wigan to pretty much guarantee our top flight place.

The only thing to top the day off would be winning the lottery tonight
    12. edited April 2010
      4 from 5 looking good on my main acca so far, just need a Norwich goal now
      Posted by silentbob
      Nice work Jay, how much did ya win?

A win for the hammers and defeat for Hull as well, great day for you. :-)
    13. edited April 2010
      Well done bob

My under/over bet came in for £71, couple that with my golf bet and its been a good weekend, might have a small flutter on tomorrows games, give the bookie a chance to win some of his money back. 

be lucky

ps. well done Watford, finally managed to win a game and were staying up for at least another season.
    14. edited April 2010

Nice one Jay, thats a pretty sick result all round....

Wha a rollercoaster day, after ten mins, Donny and Wesy hame were 1 down....

Both went 2 up before it went 2-2....

Donny 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, so sick...

And of all teams, it was floppin Newcastle who lost it for me!!

Forget the lottery, I think you should play on the mastercash tables tonight, its 5p 10p blinds....Im too hungover to play so want some farmiliar names on TV to make it interesting.

Give it a go m8, and all shed head gamblers :)

WD on the win again m8, bring on next week !!
    15. edited April 2010
      The scary thing is I was gonna have Newcastle in my main acca when putting it together last night but changed my mind at the last minute fearing they might balls it up seeing as they're getting the trophy today. If I hadn't already promised the missus a quiet night then I'd go for the mastercash tonight for sure.

I've managed to find what I hope is a nice Sunday special:

Villa to beat Birmingham (H) @ 8/13
      Liverpool to beat Burnley (A) @ 8/15
      Atletico Madrid to beat Tenerife (H) @ 8/11
      Marseille to beat St Etienne (H) @ 1/4

The 4 way is paying 4/1.

Villa have won the last 5 meetings in this fixture home & away & the last time they met at Villa Park back in April 2008 they won 5-1. I know it's a big derby game but Villa can still nick the last CL spot & Birmingham really have nothing to play for & couldn't even beat Hull at St Andrews last week.
      Liverpool have been shocking by their standards this season but they're playing Burnley. Says it all really! Seriously though, if Liverpool don't win this game then Rafa should be sacked on the spot.
      Madrid are comfortably mid table & they're up against a Tenerife side fighting relegation. The key thing that wins me over on this one though is the fact that Tenerife have only won once from 16 away games all season (lost 12).
      Marseille are closing in on a 1st Ligue 1 title since 1993 & are up against a St Etienne side fighting relegation. This should be a comfortable home win.
    16. edited April 2010
      Looking OK so far. Villa just managed to grab the points & Liverpool have just taken the lead. Surely not 2 winners in a weekend?!
    17. edited April 2010
      Well done arteta.

i did everton, villa ,liverpool, chelsea nive 4/1 acca unless stoke pull off the biggest turnaronud ever..
    18. edited April 2010
      Nice one jubbley, how much did you have on that?

I just need Madrid & Marseille to get the wins tonight now.
    19. edited April 2010
      Nice one jubbley, how much did you have on that? I just need Madrid & Marseille to get the wins tonight now.
      Posted by silentbob
      45.00 ACCA