You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just A Question?

edited April 2010 in Area 51
Don't know if this is the correct forum to post in, or if has been asked before.
Anyway when scrolling through the cash tables especially at higher stakes you see certain players ie WeAreOnTv sitting with cash but NEVER playing anyone, whats that all about??
Anyone explain?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    They smell bad.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Just A Question?:
    They smell bad.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Basically this,

But he just waits for lower stakes players to come up n take a gamble at higher stakes n takes their moneys.
  • edited April 2010
    waiting for a game springs to mind
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Just A Question?:
    Don't know if this is the correct forum to post in, or if has been asked before. Anyway when scrolling through the cash tables especially at higher stakes you see certain players ie WeAreOnTv sitting with cash but NEVER playing anyone, whats that all about?? Anyone explain?
    Posted by JORJAGRACE
    They are generally the high stake pro players with big bankrolls. They are waiting for a game, but it isnt every minute of the day that someone is gonna put down a couple of grand at the table.
  • edited April 2010
    I have heard on the rumour mill that the player in question is unwilling to play any of the high stakes regs and just sits there waiting for whales (giant fish), so called bum hunting.
  • edited April 2010
    I have heard on the rumour mill that the player in question is unwilling to play any of the high stakes regs and just sits there waiting for whales (giant fish), so called bum hunting.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Whales are mammals, not fish. Hope this helps.
  • edited April 2010
    lol@Mohican

To tthe OP - The simple answer is they are waiting to play someone but do not wish to do it against people they have little to no edge against. If regs just play regs then it is likely that many would not return a profit as they are playing people of similar of better quality. If they abstain from playing people they know then they will have large periods of inactivity but will be more likley to turn a profit when a rich "Recriational" player sits for a game with them
  • edited April 2010
    In other words they are scared to play certain people and as blackfish says they are waiting for poor players to play against.Which imo means thay are not VERY confident in their own ability.dav
  • edited April 2010
    In other words they are scared to play certain people and as blackfish says they are waiting for poor players to play against.Which imo means thay are not VERY confident in their own ability.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Come on dav. If sparce is suddenly sat at your level heads up are you going to sit down and play a few hours? My thoughts are no your not if your trying to turn a profit. You may do it for a laugh or just to try and match him on that day but long term your pretty sure your going to drop your roll to him if you continually play. This doesn't mean your scarred of playing him, just that there isn't a point in playing him as you know long term you can't win. These people do this for a living, there not sitting to try and play the best and look good, they need to make bank to pay the mortgage, make the car payment etc etc

I don't take gambles with my mortgage money as i'm sure is the same for you, it's perfectly understandable that people playing for a living NEED to turn a profit and therefore don't waste their time playing players they can only break even against -

Thata being said there are a lot of high stakes regs that play each other so it's horses for courses i suppose