You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

stt league the end

ckdckd
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

this will be the last mounth i shall be playing to win the stt league 

the whole point of a league is to find who has shown continuse resultes at poker not who has the most luck at an all in fest there are people that in the last few days come from nowhere right up to the top of the leader board from playing russian roulette games   

people can play whatever they want and ihave nothing against those who play them as there r 4 a bit of fun  but to me i dont see why this game has points on it as it is a no skill game and people who play stt games have no chance against this as for the time it takes to play a dym where 2nd gets 6 points 1st gets 8 points and takes around 30 min if lucky a russian roulette game gets 3 points and takes less than 1 min just think its a bitunfair to thoughts who play poker

what do u think

Comments

• edited April 2010

This was discussed in a thread in July 2009

Manipulitating The Sky Poker League + league Feedback (sorry dunno how to link)

There were changes made at the time..... read down the thread it makes interesting reading!!

Dave

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: stt league the end:
    This was discussed in a thread in July 2009 Manipulitating The Sky Poker League + league Feedback (sorry dunno how to link) There were changes made at the time..... read down the thread it makes interesting reading!! Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    See here.

• edited April 2010
    well, well, well...!!!
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2010

the points on that was for the heads up game witch is poker and should have the points on for 1st only thought as it is now but back then there was no points on the russian roulette games as it should be 

to me its just not worth playing to win the league as there is no chance you can
  • edited April 2010
    ive just been hammering the stt games but low stakes 30p and 55p and aquired around 450points but you only get 4 points for a win which is a challenge in its self. But one i am enjoying. Still agree stt points system needs some work on but i like the league even if i dont get to the top cos i can see how my performance is doing so wouldnt want it scrapped. but i see your point.
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: stt league the end:
    ive just been hammering the stt games but low stakes 30p and 55p and aquired around 450points but you only get 4 points for a win which is a challenge in its self. But one i am enjoying. Still agree stt points system needs some work on but i like the league even if i dont get to the top cos i can see how my performance is doing so wouldnt want it scrapped. but i see your point.
    Posted by Dazler
    im not saying scrap it  just to have it like its meant to show people who have played well not lucky
  • edited April 2010
    CKD - Now you know I have only entered the russion roulette tourny that you are running cause you suggested that skill was involved lol.
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2010

THE RR GAME ARE OK FOR FUN AND I THINK THEY SHOULD PUT UP SOME RR TOURNIES AS IT IS A BIT OFF A LAUGHT BUT NOT REALLY FAIR TO HAVE POINTS ON THEM THEY HAVE THE POINTS ON THE HEADS UP GAME BUT THAT IS FAIR AS SKILL IS ENVOLED
  • edited April 2010
    You say that there is no skill in russian roulette poker, but that's just yours and some other peoples opinions. There is always two sides to an argument and you have only given the negative side of this variant of poker, and in my opinion you seem very bias against Russian roulette players. If one person says something that is wrong, is it still wrong? if a million people repeat this is it still wrong? if everyone in the world except me repeats it, is it still wrong? the answer is yes, you are all wrong. You seem to think that its just a case of clicking the sit down button on the table and leaving it to chance, well you have a lot to learn about us roulette players sonny. It takes dedication, great mental awareness and the ability to keep a cool head when all around, people are losing theirs. I will let you in on a few pointers in becoming a good russian roulette player, you need to be able to choose the right table at the right time, against the right opponent, this isn't learnt in a day, it takes years of experience. I bet if you went and played these tournaments on a regular basis, you wouldn't win more than 50% of the time, however some of the top players at roulette can manage 55% on a good day, so lets hear no more about how we roulette expert players don't deserve as many poker league points as all you donk deepstack players, in fact if i had my way, the league final would be a russian roulette tourney, that would sort the men out from the boys, and leave plenty of time for some beer and footy.
  • edited April 2010
    All I can think is that the players currently hammering the RR tables as the month end approaches have worked out that the points for cash and STT league prizes they stand to gain are worth more than the rake they will lose on the RR tables assuming a 50% win rate.

I think the league structure is pretty good overall, but I agree with CKD that RR is being used to manipulate the top few places in the STT table by a small number of players.

IMO RR shouldn't earn league points, just poker points only. Maybe drop the rake on RR to keep people playing it, but stop awarding league points. That way the prize winners at the top of the STT league will be people who deserve it the most, ie those that have played real poker.
  • edited April 2010
    this point has been made before on several threads and no1 from sky has ever replied, i'm guessing coz they make so much money from the rake on rr's.

however, i did sharkscope sum1 who was sitting at the top of d STT league last yr courtesy of hundreds of RR's, it made interesting reading!