You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

'Liv', the dream!!

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Nice one Benny!!!!

LOVE our Liv...trust me that stare is fierce...lol

Astrophysics at Manchester eh?

x

Comments

• edited April 2010

The Lady  shakes Monte Carlo...

Liv Boeree, who learnt to play poker four years ago is going into battle in Monte Carlo to try to win £2.2m.
    Liv Boeree, 25, from Milstead, near Sittingbourne, won £1.1m earlier this week in a preliminary round in the European Poker Tournament (EPT) event. TV presenter and model Miss Boeree, an astrophysics graduate from Manchester University, is playing in the final which starts on Sunday in Italy. She is only the third woman to win an EPT event since the tour began in 2004. Miss Boeree learnt to play poker while working on the Channel 5 show Ultimate Poker Showdown. Unsettle opponents"Winning a major event is exactly what I've been working towards," she said. "I went round to all the EPTs as a host but all I was thinking was, 'I want to play'." Miss Boeree, who lives with her mother and stepfather, has won about £1.8m over the last three years. She is known on the poker circuit for her "Liv stare" poker face which is claimed to unsettle opponents. Miss Boeree's mother, Elaine Cross, said: "We are absolutely thrilled for her - she is a clever girl and works hard. "It's surprised us - she's not your average poker player, but she is determined. "She enjoys the game and likes the skill involved and the thrill she gets from it." The Monte Carlo final is taking place at Le Sporting Club in Monaco until 30 April.

Go girl  .. 'Liv stare'

• edited April 2010
    It seems the office is empty (no photos being  cleared)?

I found out why,  Tony fell asleep in Nap's-ville !!

Someone wake him up ... we need the pic's cleared ..    :))
  • edited April 2010
    seems no1 is about today no mods looked at the argument thread thing from last night by the looks of things either.
  • edited April 2010
    Ultimate Poker Showdown, I remember watching it.
  • edited April 2010

astrophysics?

I studied cards at uni, now i want to be a spaceman

• edited April 2010
    Friday on twitter (whatever that is) 'Liv' wrote ..

"Bye-bye San Remo - thank you for an amazing week.

Hello Monte Carlo!"
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Liv', the dream!!:
    Friday on twitter (whatever that is) 'Liv' wrote .. "Bye-bye San Remo - thank you for an amazing week. Hello Monte Carlo!"
    Posted by bennydip2
    Hi Guys,
    Miss Boree was also in the Sun newspaper with a 2 page story and piccies(boy she did look very  very hot in them as well), so its nice to see poker in the mainstream.

Well done young lady

col
  • edited April 2010
    Great to see poker on the front pages, with photos of the incredibly sexy Miss Boeree...a really positive image of poker in the mainstream - far better than the stereotyped images of sweaty smoke-filled underground dens full of aging, overweight blokes - go Liv, I say! 
  • edited April 2010
    After day 1A ..... Neil Channing  sits nicely in 20th position  with 106100 chips ..

I Think (not sure) Liv plays tomorrow(mon) day1B ...

Right i'm out of here for a few days by the sea, I'll be back for the Friday Vegas 20kPoints game !

Can someone post here any more news on the  Monte Carlo Final ..please :)
  • edited April 2010
    Is Channing wearing the Karate Suit he's been donning at his last few events?? gotta be hot in that lol
  • edited April 2010
    (Latest official EPT press release)German pro Simon Münz is leading the field at the end of Day 1a of the European Poker Tour Grand Final in Monte Carlo.Münz has 175,200 and is closely followed by Swedish veteran Chris Bjorin with 171,100. American player David Paredes who came fifth at the NAPT Venetian event is currently in fourth place with 144,600. Also among the chip leaders is Austrian Johannes Steindl with 141,300. Steindl's first EPT cash was only a few weeks ago when he came 13th at EPT Snowfest; he mainly plays high stakes online cash games.A clutch of other top pros also survived Day 1a including Chris Moneymaker, Greg Raymer, Florian Langmann and Martin Hruby plus Grayson Physioc, Jorge Arias and Luca Moschitta.A total of 351 players competed on Day 1a of the €10,600 Main Event including Phil Ivey, Phil Laak, Jennifer Tilly, Patrik Antonius, Roland de Wolfe, Men “The Master” Nguyen and Erik Seidel. Amanda Cesare, who won the Australian "Poker Star" TV show, also made it through to Day 2 with 19,400.Five of this season’s EPT Main Event winners competed on Day 1a having won their Grand Final seat as part of their prize but only three made it through to Day 2. They are Aaron Gustavson (EPT London), Anton Wigg (EPT Copenhagen) and EPT Berlin winner Kevin MacPhee.The event is running April 25 to 30 at Le Sporting venue at the Monte Carlo Bay Hotel.Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier was runner-up in the €5,250 heads-up tourney for €60,000; the event sold out with 64 players and was won by Canadian Andrew Pantling.EPT Kyiv winner Max Lykov won €17,500 for reaching the quarter-finals and also earned himself 19 points which means he is now virtually certain to be the Season 6 EPT Player of the Year.Among the stars set to play Day 1b today (April 26) are Daniel Negreanu, world champion Joe Cada, Joe Hachem, Jason Mercier, Dennis Phillips, Chad Brown and Vanessa Rousso.Last year’s Main Event was won by Dutch pro Pieter de Korver for a first prize of €2,300,000.