You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Froch v Kessler

edited April 2010 in The Shed
Looking forward to this one, shame it's £15 but what the heck, it's boxing so i'll be stumping up the coin. I think Kessler will get a win here, he needs a win to get back in the super 6 tournament after getting battered by Arthur Abraham and he's got home advantage. I've heard Froch has not had the best build up to this fight due to an injury and he does seem to like getting involved in a war, which could be a bad idea against a man of Kessler's power.

I'll post some bets a little later, so keep checking this thread because if you back the opposite outcome then you'll probably earn a nice little win. ;-)

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Is it on box office Quag? - Ive not heard anything about this.....

I have a link that will show it......but probably need a super hot PC for it to be TV quality....

• edited April 2010
    It's on Primetime, channel 480 on Sky. Should be starting at a reasonable time as it's in Denmark, hopefully around 1-2am.
  • edited April 2010
    Crikey, the fight is starting now. Can't believe it's on so early. Just managed to register for Primetime at the last minute.
  • edited April 2010
    Gone for Kessler to win in round 10 at 33/1.
  • edited April 2010
    Go Go Quagmire.....you are due a result mate.
  • edited April 2010
    Froch's not happy about the result on this one. And although i didn't watch it i've been told he just didn't do enough. A friend of mine that did buy the fight thinks that the judge who gave the fight to Kessler by 6 rounds was off his head though
  • edited April 2010
    Frochs a big girls dress, hehe
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Froch v Kessler:
    Gone for Kessler to win in round 10 at 33/1.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Sorry to be a pain Quagmire72 but did
    Kessler deserve the win.
    You are the only person I know that had the fight on,as I
    could not gain access to my Sky Box at the time of the fight.

Cheers Steve...
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Froch v Kessler : Sorry to be a pain Quagmire72 but did Kessler deserve the win. You are the only person I know that had the fight on,as I could not gain access to my Sky Box at the time of the fight. Cheers Steve...
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    What a classic! Reminiscent of the Rocky Balboa v Apollo Creed slugfests, going toe-to-toe and paggering the shiz out of each other. Kessler started the better of the two in the early rounds but Froch stepped up a gear in the middle rounds and rocked him a few times. The final rounds were even, both producing power shots that would've sparked out a bull.

In my eyes it was a draw but i can see why Kessler got the nod. If it had been in England then Froch would've got the decision. The judge that scored it 117-111 should be banned, corrupt mo fo.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Froch v Kessler : What a classic! Reminiscent of the Rocky Balboa v Apollo Creed slugfests, going toe-to-toe and paggering the shiz out of each other. Kessler started the better of the two in the early rounds but Froch stepped up a gear in the middle rounds and rocked him a few times. The final rounds were even, both producing power shots that would've sparked out a bull. In my eyes it was a draw but i can see why Kessler got the nod. If it had been in England then Froch would've got the decision. The judge that scored it 117-111 should be banned, corrupt mo fo.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Thanks for the Big Fight Review.
    Any thoughts on this weekends BIG ONE??.
    Must be Mayweather surely.
  • edited April 2010
    Just remembered the PRIZE FIGHTERS.

HERBIE HIDE anyone,or has he passed his best??.

Will be watching both for sure after missing Kessler v Froch.
  • edited April 2010
    I'll be going for a Mayweather win so maybes you should keep an eye on Mosley's odds. Could be worth a few quid if i've got money on Floyd.

I'll be having a bet on the Prize Fighter, will post it on Friday.