You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

showdown rules

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
if the last 2 players are allin, both hold aces both hit aces after all the cards are shown but none beat the highest kicker on the table, is this a split pot ? or does player with highest kicker win ?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to showdown rules:
    if the last 2 players are allin, both hold aces both hit aces after all the cards are shown but none beat the highest kicker on the table, is this a split pot ? or does player with highest kicker win ?
    Posted by hotchipz
    it is a split pot, and here is an example to help...

PLAYER A has A8

PLAYER B has A7

Board is A K K 10 3

In this case the pot is split, because Player A has 2 pair aces and kings with a 10 kicker, and Player B has the same hand.

the 8 or 7 becomes irrelevant

hope this helps

hoggers

• edited April 2010

Highest Kicker-s 

Yo need to have a 5 card and to win

ACE , ACE, KING QUEEN 8, 

BEATS

ACE, ACE, KING, QUEEN 7

• edited April 2010
    In Response to showdown rules:
    Posted by hotchipz
    Hi Hotchipz,

If you both have an ace and the the cards on the table are below an ace but above any of the players kickers then it is a split pot. The kicker of the players comes in if any of them beat the community cards, and would make a better five card hand.

Hope this helps.

col
  • edited April 2010
    do you mean for instance youve got a2 hes got a4 and all the cards are 5 or above and neither of you hits your 2 or 4 then in this case its a split pot as neither of your second cards come in to play
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: showdown rules:
    do you mean for instance youve got a2 hes got a4 and all the cards are 5 or above and neither of you hits your 2 or 4 then in this case its a split pot as neither of your second cards come in to play
    Posted by BADBOY985
    hi & thanks for your help,  i had a3,  he had a8  we both hit aces on the flop, but none of us hit any other card, there was a king on the table so therefore i had AAk  he had AAk  does his 8 come into play ?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: showdown rules : hi & thanks for your help,  i had a3,  he had a8  we both hit aces on the flop, but none of us hit any other card, there was a king on the table so therefore i had AAk  he had AAk  does his 8 come into play ?
    Posted by hotchipz
    we really must know what the other cards on the board were together with the A and the k! if all the cards were above his 8 then no his 8 doesnt come into play, and its a split pot

but if the board is AK1065 then his 8 does come into play! as his winning 5 card hand is AAK108!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: showdown rules : hi & thanks for your help,  i had a3,  he had a8  we both hit aces on the flop, but none of us hit any other card, there was a king on the table so therefore i had AAk  he had AAk  does his 8 come into play ?
    Posted by hotchipz
    As Greg said if the 8 was higher than any of the cards onthe table then yes he wins
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by hotchipz
    Hi

Only if the last 2 cards are lower than an 8, but does not pair the 3, i.e 7 6, 7 5 etc
  • edited April 2010
    Its quite simple its the best 5 cards from the 7 available to each player thats their 2 hold and the community cards. Here is one that gets me though, you go all in with pocket 7s and you get called by A2 suited. The flop comes down KK8 rainbow now you have 2 pairs now you think apart from the ace your safe. Next comes a 3. No ace happy days then comes a second 8 and your beat they have Ks and 8s with an ace kicker you have only Ks and 8s with a 7 kicker! First time that happened to me my head nearly exploded. LOL!
  • edited April 2010
    Its quite simple its the best 5 cards from the 7 available to each player thats their 2 hold and the community cards. Here is one that gets me though, you go all in with pocket 7s and you get called by A2 suited. The flop comes down KK8 rainbow now you have 2 pairs now you think apart from the ace your safe. Next comes a 3. No ace happy days then comes a second 8 and your beat they have Ks and 8s with an ace kicker you have only Ks and 8s with a 7 kicker! First time that happened to me my head nearly exploded. LOL!
    Posted by Donut64
    the poker term for this is "counterfeiting", and it is nasty!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: showdown rules : As Greg said if the 8 was higher than any of the cards onthe table then yes he wins
    Posted by mr_mbro

Nice to see you back and posing Mr Mbro.

have you had a few weeks off? It might just be me but i hadn't seen you post recently

(sorry for hijacking the thread!)
  • edited April 2010
    It's best 5 cards so if you and he have AAK but he has an 8 and you have a 3 it would depend on the other 2 highest community cards

SO if the board is A K 9 4 7

You have A 3 and He has A 8 then he wins with the hand

A A K 9 8

against your

A A K 9 7

If the board is all higher than an 8...say A K 9 10 J

THen you split as you both have the hand

A A K J 10

Hope this explains both scenario's well enough