You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournys

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
When IF I next reload I would like to play tournys I tend to not play these as they scaire me coz I do not know how to pace myself and go about changing gears...I would really like some sound advice and help that I can actually put into practice cheers everyone that helps.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Sound advice on MTT's Be prepared to not cash or win a massive percentage of the tournaments you play :)

My advice to you if your going to play these from a small deposit would be use sats to spin your money out further, if you qualify from a sat to a larger tournament and then cash in it you will be a huge % in front. It also gives you 2 tourneys for the price of 1 so double the fun and as you can expect to play more if you sat from 1 tourney to another then it will build experience.

Take it easy during early stages (advice i could do with heading myself on occasion) and remember that MTT's are about surviving. I'm not saying don't bluff or play tight all the time, just that with every decision you make you have to factor in how this will effect your tournament life. To change gears you have to have built your image and be able to know what those around you think your doing (weather it be correct or not). This will allow you to play against type and extract value where able.

Other than that the best advice i can give is to play and enjoy - MTT's offer rare wins that if you manage one tends to be huge in comparison to your stake so enjoy them when they come but rate your game on the decisions you made and not on the result of the tournament -

I'm no expert but i've played a few and these are my thoughts :) Gl on the virtual felt
  • edited April 2010
    Hiya mate i would recommend deepstack tournaments if you are starting off, you can play these from £2.20 and you get a big chip stack and slow blinds, this way you can play a few hands if you feel the need and wont be risking a big % of your stack.

my main advice would be to try sit tightish in the first couple of levels, and watch what people are doing and see how the table is playing and adjust your game accordingly, just as you would a cash table really. obviously you need to adjust as the blinds start rising, starting hands become alot stronger the further into the tournament you get. Also if you are getting low in a tournament don't let your self get to the stage where anyone is going to call your shove.

hope this helps mate see you on the tables 

rob 

• edited April 2010
    Best advice imo is to follow a tourny from the start and keep changing tables to see the kind of play that goes on.dav
  • edited April 2010
    Never play a turbo, never play a bounty hunter and never play like me ;o)

Try a few cheap satellites. Could be a massive payday for very little outlay.
  • edited April 2010
    Cant help ya mate coz I suck at em.

Best advice is don't bother, stick to cash and you will get what you deserve.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournys:
    Cant help ya mate coz I suck at em. Best advice is don't bother, stick to cash and you will get what you deserve.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i would t stick 1cent against u.have a good luck m8!!!cya
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Tournys:
    When IF I next reload I would like to play tournys I tend to not play these as they scaire me coz I do not know how to pace myself and go about changing gears...I would really like some sound advice and help that I can actually put into practice cheers everyone that helps.
    Posted by kunster
    tight early, play only premiums and enter smallish multiway pots with suited connectors and small pairs in the hope of flopping a monster and getting paid

middle stages, start stealing and buliding stack

latter stages, pure agression! and stealing in position. this is all stack dependant tho, you need to learn how to play a big stack, a medium and a shortstack, its all different! (im good at shortstack cos this is always what i have hehe)

final table, go for the win!

GOOD LUCK
  • edited April 2010
    Wow thnak-you soo much for the advice when I reload I shall defo take all the advice I have been given.
    Many thnaks to ACESOVER and ROBC. Thanks guysssss