You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

up and down day

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
i started with 50quid....made it to 100 in first few hands of cash on 25/50p stakes, then just kept it steady for a few hours, then on came james hartigan :) and i joined him in a ring game omaha cash (which i am terrible at) and i lost 25 :(, trying to win it quikly bak on slight tilt, i went on 50/1 and lost all my BR in a few hands lol, i busted out of the BH too, so i decided to deposit 20more and enter some tournys, i played rather well and won the 250gtd speed for 95£, not bad for 1hr30mins work for 3£ buy-in :) lol, but the fact is, ive ended up with like 5pound profit, even after a good day at the tables for most of it, i seem to ALWAYS go on tilt or get bored and play high stakes and i ALWAYS lose, oes anyone have any advice on how to stop urself being bored playing the lower stakes, i normally play higher cash when no tournys are on and this is when i lose, but what do you suggest i do to stop myself from tilting/boreding(lol) ??
loza666

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to up and down day:
    i started with 50quid....made it to 100 in first few hands of cash on 25/50p stakes, then just kept it steady for a few hours, then on came james hartigan :) and i joined him in a ring game omaha cash (which i am terrible at) and i lost 25 :(, trying to win it quikly bak on slight tilt, i went on 50/1 and lost all my BR in a few hands lol, i busted out of the BH too, so i decided to deposit 20more and enter some tournys, i played rather well and won the 250gtd speed for 95£, not bad for 1hr30mins work for 3£ buy-in :) lol, but the fact is, ive ended up with like 5pound profit, even after a good day at the tables for most of it, i seem to ALWAYS go on tilt or get bored and play high stakes and i ALWAYS lose, oes anyone have any advice on how to stop urself being bored playing the lower stakes, i normally play higher cash when no tournys are on and this is when i lose, but what do you suggest i do to stop myself from tilting/boreding(lol) ?? loza666
    Posted by loza666
    I tend to play low stakes during the day When I have to clean up do dishes etc and at the beginning of the evening when im doing dinner or running around after my kid because I can't really develop reads. Learn the guitar of something, watch a movie surf the web or spend your time in the community.
  • edited April 2010
    loza, im the exact same. I do well when its low stakes but Im just not happy earning sweet FA for a lot of work. Go onto the bigger tables and cant afford to lose lol

I suppose its all about having the happy medium. Now i just enter tournys  :)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: up and down day:
    loza, im the exact same. I do well when its low stakes but Im just not happy earning sweet FA for a lot of work. Go onto the bigger tables and cant afford to lose lol I suppose its all about having the happy medium. Now i just enter tournys  :)
    Posted by PKRPar
    I have very much same problem wow there are people like me
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: up and down day : I have very much same problem wow there are people like me
    Posted by kunster
    Not only are there other people like you, i beleive A LOT of recreational players do this (even the ones that won't admit it). The higher limit regs depend on weaker players playing them in order to turn a profit. Well if low stakes players were not winning low and losing high then these guys wouldn't have any lunch to feast on would they lol

I see tons of people sitting at NL£40 with £5 - £10 in the hope they can double through a couple of times, get lucky and go on a heater which rolls them. Problem is that often they do, then they go play NL£100 because they have been on a heater and promptly drop the lot

I've been prone to this myself, those who used to read the "How Was It For You Last Night" thread may have seen my TKO spin up posts where i played anywhere between NL£10 and NL£50 while chronically under rolled for the level, i span £25 TKO money into £600 in about 2 Weeks but had i carried on the way i was i would have gone busto....it's inevatable, but you know what ........IT WAS FUN lol (For those wondering, i didn't go busto as i dropped limits to play sensebly and cashed some off :)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to up and down day : I tend to play low stakes during the day When I have to clean up do dishes etc and at the beginning of the evening when im doing dinner or running around after my kid because I can't really develop reads. Learn the guitar of something, watch a movie surf the web or spend your time in the community.
    Posted by Ms_Chips
    yeh i think i ought to find a hobby to do or even surf the web as u say when there is nothing going on for me at the tables, ill try to keep my patience, thanks for the advice :)
  • edited April 2010
    loza, im the exact same. I do well when its low stakes but Im just not happy earning sweet FA for a lot of work. Go onto the bigger tables and cant afford to lose lol I suppose its all about having the happy medium. Now i just enter tournys  :)
    Posted by PKRPar
    yeh im best at tournys so really i should enter them, its just the days when im not working etc i get bored and play poker all day lol, but hopefully ill stick to something sensible and start actually makinga nice steady profit...rather than one big profit, turned to busto! lol
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: up and down day : Not only are there other people like you, i beleive A LOT of recreational players do this (even the ones that won't admit it). The higher limit regs depend on weaker players playing them in order to turn a profit. Well if low stakes players were not winning low and losing high then these guys wouldn't have any lunch to feast on would they lol I see tons of people sitting at NL£40 with £5 - £10 in the hope they can double through a couple of times, get lucky and go on a heater which rolls them. Problem is that often they do, then they go play NL£100 because they have been on a heater and promptly drop the lot I've been prone to this myself, those who used to read the "How Was It For You Last Night" thread may have seen my TKO spin up posts where i played anywhere between NL£10 and NL£50 while chronically under rolled for the level, i span £25 TKO money into £600 in about 2 Weeks but had i carried on the way i was i would have gone busto....it's inevatable, but you know what ........IT WAS FUN lol (For those wondering, i didn't go busto as i dropped limits to play sensebly and cashed some off :)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    wow nice getting to 600 and withdrawing some before u lost it all! lol, my worst experience was on another site, where i got $50 to $1200 in 3 days!!! only to go on huge tilt and donk it all off in 30minutes! you would have thought i would have learnt my lesson by now...i guess not, but ahh well its fun playing and hopefulyl one day i actually keep some of my nice profits :)