You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Things that people say

edited April 2010 in The Shed
totaly agree my kids have got skymulti room in their bedroom and watch all the americanized stuff on it my 11 year old is constantly saying words like garbage,elavator and vacation the other day we were walking to school and he said can we cross the road its sunnier on the other SIDEWALK.
Im sure the little g*ts doing it to wind me up

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I am going to have a rant about this just to get it off my chest, and yes i do have more important things to worry about and will be attempting to 'get a life' starting tomorrow, but language sneaking in via the BBC and SKY is driving me just over the top mad.

People saying Sikth instead of sixth is the main one...just lazy swines. Its got to the point now that the people who have said it the longest can't even say six any more and they have started saying sik because the pleural has become confused with the singular.

Fith....instead of fifth.

Reeeesearch instead of research.....American.

Ekkonomic instead of eeeconomic.....American.

Parking lot.....American.

Lawyer instead of solicitor.....American.

Mom instead of mum....American.

Hood of a car instead of bonnet.....Again its....

Anything they can get away with turning it to eeeee pronunciation. The other day someone on Sky actually said eenvite instead of invite.

Have voted Tory for twenty years and heard Cameron say May the sikth the other day... not voting for him now. That's how much it winds me up.

Its the start of a slippery slope. One minute its reeeeesearch and the next it will be tomaito, eyerack and meeeemo lol.

Rant over.

Airwalker.