You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HOUSE CHAMPION every 4 weeks 8 seater -- made up of 4 League Final Winners 3 Presenters & 1 Sky

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

how about having   a 8 seat tourney and have it every 4 weeks

you could start off with a deep stack then following month could be bounty hunter

i reckon it would be great fun to watch and would be competiton between the presenters and league final winners     where possible get the 8 into the studio and do it as a live 8 seater

the format i was thinking of was

the winner of the league final goes through each week    =  4

the presenter with most points of that week goes through from 1st 3 weeks = 3

the final seat could be left for a sky guest

you could call it

THE MONTHLY ALLSTARS EVENT  or  the HOUSE CHAMPION or  have a competition to name it

i think it would be great entertainment good banter & good poker

so guys would you want 2 see it on the telly

cheers

michael   alias  DTWBANDIT

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Its a good idea, but the trouble is you then need all 4 winners to be able to make the same night and time... then you will also need sky to put up a big GTD prize for nothing... Good thinking but dont think it will happen m8 :(
  • edited July 2009
    No...I think that a lot of people are now thinking of new ideas for these tournies without thinking of the value they offer to Sky and also to us as players.

An idea like this offers nothing apart from complications
  • edited July 2009

Hi Michael,

One "issue" is that the (seriously clever) Software that the TV Channel use is not 8 or 10 seat compatible - it's strictly 6 Seaters only.

• edited July 2009
    micheal gd idea m8 but think it will b more trouble thn its worth tbh.. thx 4 ur feedback on my blogs
  • edited July 2009

It wouldnt really show who is champion, because the better players on site dont enter league weekly final because its not worth bother.

• edited July 2009

well guys some interesting comments so far it seems the main stumbling block is the value to sky & players so here is my thinking on how it could work am gonna try and answer your concerns

like any idea it always needs a bit of tweaking as for value i thought new players are joining sky all the time i am one of them been here 7 weeks have quallified for 2 league finals  through STT & MTT  i play within my bankroll as do most people and enter bigger tourney's with any winnings i have near the end of the month now i am sure most people on sky are the same

if house champion encourages more newbies to try there hand at tourney's then its gotta be a good thing more rake for sky & possibility of new faces in league final which is what we want  now flashflush thinks it would be difficult to get everyone together well maybe you could do it every 12 weeks each week points are awarded for 1st 2nd & 3rd the top 4 qualify TK says there may be software issues well could we not use the software that mickjenn1 uses

bonniedog i can see where you are coming from so i would say the points system would work as well

now then Prize Money how much would it be here is my suggestion to the sky suits

As you know unless you try something you don't know if it will work but you don't wanna lose money none of us do

so-  try this  advertise  house champion for a week then start the weekly points the following week have the 1st one on the 12th week when people are reg for whatever tournies they can state yes or no to are they playing cause of house champion or something like that the sky suits can sort that  sky suits can then monitor what rake it is generating  and put up prize accordingly and if it proves successful & popular then everyone is happy

so there you go guys i have tried to answer all your concerns and hope this proves helpful and maybe on this format you will vote for it so

VOTE NOW

michael   alias  DTWBANDIT