You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CAN YA???

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
...Trust your instincts enough to fold this hand........

Been at the table 15 minutes, trebbled up 2 hands before, I thought I was running sick on this flop.....but you just know you're losin, but can't help but call....coz u have such a good hand!!!!

Its not like "oh he cant fold his aces" - Such a super strong hand.....Anyone believe in their reads enough to fold this kinda hand??? - Again maybe like the KK v AA pre flop thing.

Can anyone post a huge fold that they got right? - probably have to be a 3 way pot to be able to know if its right or wrong......I wish I'd folded! lol :(
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
victorrezz Sit out     
Dobzy_178 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £79.99
xxxBig blind  £0.50 £0.75 £49.50
  Your hole cards
  • J

toonboymc Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £138.02
Dobzy_178 Call  £1.75 £4.50 £78.24
xxx Call  £1.50 £6.00 £48.00
Flop

• Q
  • J
  • J

Dobzy_178 Check     
xxxCheck     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.50 £10.50 £133.52
Dobzy_178 Fold     
xxxRaise  £12.00 £22.50 £36.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  £7.50 £30.00 £126.02
Turn

xxx Bet  £15.00 £45.00 £21.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  £15.00 £60.00 £111.02
River

• A

xxx All-in  £21.00 £81.00 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  £21.00 £102.00 £90.02
xxxShow
  • K
  • J

DOHHHHHHH Show
  • J

xxxWin Three Jacks £100.20  £100.20

Comments

• edited April 2010
    i think tikay showed a very similar hand on the club last night. like he said you gotta call in that situation. horrible feeling you know you are going to lose it, but like he said, if you start folding hands like that, where do you draw the line!!
  • edited April 2010
    Nobody folds here it is just one hell of a cooler lol dav
  • edited April 2010

Cn the best in the world pass here? - if he can, Its possible, so I wanna be able to do it !!! :(

I hear people say "wait for better spots" - but U cant flop set over set everytime u wanna win a big pot?????
  • edited April 2010
    i folded this hand, altho maybe its easier as it was omaha so it might not count, i put him on AJ after the turn, just my read from the time he took etc, therefore i told myself i gota get out the way here, punishment for slowplaying i guess!:

SHANKS474 Small blind  25.00 25.00 2137.50
    Collibosh Big blind  50.00 75.00 1930.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

SHY-BOY Call  50.00 125.00 4420.00
    loza666 Call  50.00 175.00 3525.00
    BIGROG Call  50.00 225.00 1762.50
    SHANKS474 Call  25.00 250.00 2112.50
    Collibosh Check     
    Flop

• A

SHANKS474 Check     
    Collibosh Check     
    SHY-BOY Check     
    loza666 Check     
    BIGROG Check     
    Turn

• J

SHANKS474 Check     
    Collibosh Check     
    SHY-BOY Check     
    loza666 Bet  100.00 350.00 3425.00
    BIGROG Call  100.00 450.00 1662.50
    SHANKS474 Fold     
    Collibosh Fold     
    SHY-BOY Fold     
    River

• J

loza666 Bet  150.00 600.00 3275.00
    BIGROG Raise  900.00 1500.00 762.50
    loza666 Fold     
    BIGROG Muck     
    BIGROG Win  1500.00  2262.50
  • edited April 2010
    ahhhhh lozza I have no idea how good/bad that fold is, absolutely clueless when it comes to omaha.....

Any hold em ones?

I think everyone in hold em, convinces themselves their hand is "too good to fold"

Likewise, people convince themselves their hand "isn't good enough to make the call on the river"

Surely, if its the 2nd best hand its the right fold, no matter how good it is????

........That has to be what seperates the good from the brilliant....?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: CAN YA???:
    ahhhhh lozza I have no idea how good/bad that fold is, absolutely clueless when it comes to omaha..... Any hold em ones? I think everyone in hold em, convinces themselves their hand is "too good to fold" Likewise, people convince themselves their hand "isn't good enough to make the call on the river" Surely, if its the 2nd best hand its the right fold, no matter how good it is???? ........That has to be what seperates the good from the brilliant....?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    yeh everyonetgio makes a crying call even when knowing they're beat, on ur hand, u have to call, it would be wrong to fold on any street there i guess, even if u put im on K10diamonds or monster draw like that, u still have the odds to make the call so u cant do anything there, ill ty fetch out any hold em hands, but i think i have the same problem as u so i probably wont find any! lol
  • edited April 2010
    ul dohhhh happend to me last week qj suited flop q 10 j  turn jack river was king he had kj nowt u can dom8 in long run hands like that will win more then they lose
  • edited April 2010
    Cn the best in the world pass here? - if he can, Its possible, so I wanna be able to do it !!! :( I hear people say "wait for better spots" - but U cant flop set over set everytime u wanna win a big pot?????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i watched phil helmuth fold his  flush when he put tom dwan on a full house!

that was some fold he made!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvu4tMCNFY
  • edited April 2010
    Very Good Thread Dohhhhhhh............it would be great to hear about anymore "Brilliant Folds", like people say when you "just know"
  • edited April 2010
    Not sure if I like calling his reraise after flop. I would find it tough to put him on AA or KK with no preflop reraise against two opponents. Think you have to put him on a jack or an aggressive draw. Hard to find the 3bet to find out though. The blank on the turn just gets you deeper, but the allin after the Ace on the river means you could be losing to K10 as well as a better Jack. Really a crying call as you are only beating a busted flush.

But as you know Im useless at cash anyway ! !

• edited April 2010

Love the link donkeyplop...seen it before but never get tired of watching that!!

Also the commentary, Devilfish is saying its an easy fold....maybe these top class guys can do it!....

What I will add tho is it's a tourny, and Ive watched hours and hours of the high stakes cash games, and seen Phil Hellmuth fold the best hand so many times.....I guess trying to set up the huge pot....

But yeah that was a good fold, on a paired board tho, It always makes it easier......
  • edited April 2010
    AQ penguin I guess is the only hand I could beat.....

If you found urself in this position, in the first level of a deepstacked tourny, say the DANTB thing the other night, how would you play it? - Where would you get away? - Where would you get more money in for value, if at all??,

- Would you be raising TJ s pre flop first level? (if not, still answer above anyway :)
  • edited April 2010

I would like to think i could fold it mate but to be honest i dont think i could! im sure the best players in the world would be able to find the fold button when they find themselves in the same situation but are playing for £1,000's per hand, but at the stakes im losin £50 quid ere and i think most people are! ...
    i had a similar hand ages ago on nl100 i was holdin AJ suited raised it up to £4 and got 2 callers, flop was J J 7 i cant remember exactly how i played the hand but i can remember i ended up losin around £200 odd quid because one of the callers held pocket 77's! and i can remember thinkin at the time that i should have been able to find the fold button, and i probably should have! but these hands are so difficult to put down!! anyone who comes on this thread and says they can lay this hand down for £50 is talkin out there **** imo! so dont worry about it geeza! ul with the hand anyway mate but ur still 50quid up and im sure u will be addin a few hundreds on by the end of the night!  so stop moanin ;-)

• edited April 2010
    this bugged me for a while but i think it was the right fold...
    Evcake06 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £40.51
    v Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £81.04
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

BellaGTen Raise   £2.00 £2.75 £61.78
    PoshMan Fold        
    offshoot Call   £2.00 £4.75 £70.47
    GUNAGE Fold        
    Evcake06 Fold        
    v Call   £1.50 £6.25 £79.54
    Flop

• Q
    • K

v Check        
    BellaGTen Bet   £2.00 £8.25 £59.78
    offshoot Call   £2.00 £10.25 £68.47
    v Raise   £10.50 £20.75 £69.04
    BellaGTen Fold        
    offshoot Call   £8.50 £29.25 £59.97
    Turn

v Bet   £17.00 £46.25 £52.04
    offshoot Fold        
    v Muck        
    v Win   £44.79   £96.83

• edited April 2010
    AQ penguin I guess is the only hand I could beat..... If you found urself in this position, in the first level of a deepstacked tourny, say the DANTB thing the other night, how would you play it? - Where would you get away? - Where would you get more money in for value, if at all??, - Would you be raising TJ s pre flop first level? (if not, still answer above anyway :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Not sure if I would get away at all ! Early in a big tourny I generally fold J 10, but as they were suited I probably limp and look for a cheap flop, not wanting to pair either of them, but playing for straight or flush. With the set on the flop, I would have to bet potsize.

How I would react to the reraise would depend on who it was, there are many players I could find a fold against.

If it was someone I could see making that move with K10, diamonds, or AQ,I would still hate calling. Putting a 3bet in here is better value than calling turn and river, it minimises risk from draws, and gives me option of reassessing if he shoves.

Later in a tourny is different, it almost certainly would have been goodbye from me !
  • edited April 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27isG0Cf418

this was something very similiar to your hand dohhhh
  • edited April 2010
    what are u puttin V on in this hand offshoot? pocket 66's? coz to me that is one hell of a fold! i certainly couldnt lay that down! all my money would be in on the flop ere! im no where near qualified to say anything to u offshoot as your a far better player than i am! but surely this is too nitty???
  • edited April 2010
    that was some fold porkerman for 1 min may be he is going to call
  • edited April 2010

He's superhuman, dunno how old he/she is - but will be on the tele within a few yrs IMO!

Just watched ur link porkerman, bet you couldnt make that fold on the freeplay tables!!! Dunkies or no Dunkies!!! lol

I think the conclusion here is, there WAS a way off it!!!! - Thanx for the quick replies guys, like to hear more of ya views keep em coming!
  • edited April 2010
    this bugged me for a while but i think it was the right fold... Evcake06 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £40.51 v Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £81.04   Your hole cards Q K       BellaGTen Raise   £2.00 £2.75 £61.78 PoshMan Fold         offshoot Call   £2.00 £4.75 £70.47 GUNAGE Fold         Evcake06 Fold         v Call   £1.50 £6.25 £79.54 Flop     6 Q K       v Check         BellaGTen Bet   £2.00 £8.25 £59.78 offshoot Call   £2.00 £10.25 £68.47 v Raise   £10.50 £20.75 £69.04 BellaGTen Fold         offshoot Call   £8.50 £29.25 £59.97 Turn     10       v Bet   £17.00 £46.25 £52.04 offshoot Fold         v Muck         v Win   £44.79   £96.83
    Posted by offshoot

This is doing my head in.  How is this a fold.  You must have lots of history/reads here or I am a total donk and always will be.... I know you are one of the best on sky so what is your thought process here plz....
  • edited April 2010
    Dohhhhhh i just beat your 1 here.C ant post it as i dunno how to but villian raises to 400 i call with KQ .............flop comes K K 5 i bet 400 villian calls.....turm is a 9 ibet half pot villian shoves all in.What can i do? obviously i call and he is holding AK......Now would anyone be good enough to lay my hand down?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: CAN YA??? : This is doing my head in.  How is this a fold.  You must have lots of history/reads here or I am a total donk and always will be.... I know you are one of the best on sky so what is your thought process here plz....
    Posted by OMahonyO
    +1

didn't like to say owt as he's such a good player and i stink @ cash....just can't see how that turn changes anything!! surely it's call turn, call river barring a massive overbet on the river from v. which lookin at those stacks can't happen...
  • edited April 2010

best laydown I ever saw was playing live £75.00 buy in D/S at Circus Newcastle, very early in tourney and the hero had just doubled up so was big chip leader,
    blinds 100 / 200 action folds round to hero
    hero raises to 500 in cut off
    villain reraises to 1000 in BB
    hero makes call
    flop AAK
    hero bets pot
    villain raises,  again pot size bet
    in the tank for about 3 minutes & hero folds showing AJ
    villain says great fold mate and flips over KK for full house

now that certainly was a good fold
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: CAN YA??? : This is doing my head in.  How is this a fold.  You must have lots of history/reads here or I am a total donk and always will be.... I know you are one of the best on sky so what is your thought process here plz....
    Posted by OMahonyO

Against this player in this situation i felt like the best i could hope for is a split pot. Maybe in a vacuum its a bad fold and if someone posted the hand i would prob tell them not to fold but vs this player and with the other player in the pot i just thought he isnt squeezing here and he prob doesnt expect both of us to fold. He would 3bet AK and all big pairs preflop and would just flat Kx and JT in position so really he can only have KQ or 66.The only thing which made me doubt is that my hand is so under-repped that maybe he could do it with KJ or something for value but i felt if he did have a weaker hand he would slow down on the turn, he didnt, on a card which he prob would, so i decided to fold.

Its one of those spots, like doh says, where you now you are beat but you get it in anyway because you have top two and its dumb to put your opponent on a set so you come up with a range which contains some bluffs like JT or maybe they didnt 3bet AK or AA when in reality its just way more likely they have a set.

Dont get me wrong, Im not folding this most of the time but it felt right to do so here.
  • edited April 2010
    That happend to me too. but luckly i was on winning hand.

Hand History #254375204 (22:38 27/04/2010)

Ozzie08 Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £18.94
    shaun09 Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £14.50
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • K

blackbeltb Fold     
    SLACKSTER1 Call  £0.40 £1.00 £53.36
    Ozzie08 Call  £0.20 £1.20 £18.74
    shaun09 Check     
    Flop

• J

Ozzie08 Bet  £0.90 £2.10 £17.84
    shaun09 Call  £0.90 £3.00 £13.60
    SLACKSTER1 Fold     
    Turn

• J

Ozzie08 Bet  £2.25 £5.25 £15.59
    shaun09 Call  £2.25 £7.50 £11.35
    River

• K

Ozzie08 All-in  £15.59 £23.09 £0.00
    shaun09 All-in  £11.35 £34.44 £0.00
    Ozzie08 Unmatched bet  £4.24 £30.20 £4.24
    Ozzie08 Show
    • A
    • J

shaun09 Show
    • J
    • K

shaun09 Win Full House, Jacks and Kings £28.69  £28.69
  • edited April 2010
    wow this hand is exactly the kind of hand that crippled me in the 8pm mtt, flopped trip 9's but i knew the way the guy played it he had me out kicked, but i just couldnt help myself to call, i do that alot, i can put people on the hand but cant help but call