You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not on tilt but a Wreck

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
it all started a week ago.
my girlfriend was saying i didnt respect her enough (i have no idea why)
so i stopped playing poker for abit and giving her the maximum attention.
yesterday she finished me after 3 years and abit,
my mind has gone to pieces not knowing what to do.
i find myself drawn back to poker but feel if i play i wont play at all like i used to.
i have no where to turn except the tables
as the 3 years of being with her i put the love i have 4 her other my mates and they have dissapeared
its a mind ****, i dont want to risk money when i know i wont play my best but i feel i have to because its all ive got what keeps me happy lol
sorry just needed to get this out there instead of bottling it up

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Ah man, i really feel for you.

I'm not sure i'm the best qualified to give you advice but.... perhaps take a quick break from playing at the tables. If your head isn't right then i'm sure you won't be playing your best poker either. the break doesn't have to be for ever but just until you feel slightly better or even slightly more like yourself.

Why not just spend a little time in the community or even enjoy another hobby that doesn't involve gambling?

I know when i have had major life troubles in the past, getting outside and playing sport or even just going to the gym really helps me feel better.

if you do need anything- just shout or send me a quick PM.

Rich

• edited April 2010
    hmmm sad story :(
    all i would suggest is, if poker is what keeps u happy, why not put all time and effort into it?
    make yourself a better player and maybe even try to qualify for vegas from sky as im sure that would get you happier :)
    hope you feel better soon
    gl :)
    loza666
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Not on tilt but a Wreck:
    Ah man, i really feel for you. I'm not sure i'm the best qualified to give you advice but.... perhaps take a quick break from playing at the tables. If your head isn't right then i'm sure you won't be playing your best poker either. the break doesn't have to be for ever but just until you feel slightly better or even slightly more like yourself. Why not just spend a little time in the community or even enjoy another hobby that doesn't involve gambling? I know when i have major life troubles in the past, getting outside and playing sport or even just going to the gym really helps me feel better. if you do need anything- just shout or send me a quick PM. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    lol, total opposite to what i suggested, but i guess yours is better :) lol
    knowing me, i would lose all my money being crazy so yeh i think take this advice...ha
  • edited April 2010

Why wont you play your best?

Why not play, but everytime the action comes to you, no matter if you are under the gun with 7-2 off (obvious raising situation), Or sat with the nuts facing an all in bet - let the time bar go down past at least half way before you make your play......

Then you wont make any rash decisions, caused by ur mind being on other things.

I personally think these kind things are just excuses for playing bad, same as being drunk, rather than looking at the real problem (making bad decisions)

Use poker to make yourself a fortune, she'll come back then.

GL, DOHH

• edited April 2010
    If you love her then forget about poker and try to win her back, there isn't much worse feelings than talking to someone while they are playing a game and just getting "what, er , yeah , no " answers
    Iv had many arguments and fallings out with my gf about poker in the past and had to give up playing the orfordable as it took up the whole evening
    If you think poker could be the reason she started to have these negative feelings then promise to keep the pc off while she is about etc
    Feel for you man , iv been in the same situation in the past and its a scary feeling after such a long relationship

hope it all works out
  • edited April 2010
    Use poker to make yourself a fortune, she'll come back then.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This. She'll be running back to you in seconds. I know because I have a gold-digging gf who hates that I play poker, except for when I win. Guaranteed win.

In all seriousness, I'd do what Rich says and find some other way of occupying your time. I take it you play on Sky using your PC/Laptop? Why not buy a PC game that you can spend hours on, for example Football Manager? Quality game that can keep you going for hours on end. However, that's what i'd do.

You should ask yourself this question IMO: "Is my mood going to affect my concentration or decision making in any way that is different to how I usually play?" If the answer is yes, which I get the impression it is, then try and find something else to do. I know from experience that playing poker in a bad mood just makes you feel even worse if you're not winning.

If I had to give a really simple response, i'd say play poker at the lowest available level, so that it doesn't hurt much if you lose.

EDIT - Ignore this. The post above />>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My post.
  • edited April 2010
    Can't help with your love life i'm afraid but if your worried about your poker then may i suggest dropping your daily / weekly deposit limit on the site, Cashing out any money you don't want to risk and then playing with what your willing to lose until you feel you have your a game back. Drop levels to compensate for the drop in bankroll and just ease back in until your confident that your mind set is not affecting your decision making.

While your cashing some of your bankroll out you may want to use your gains to try and Woo your lady back, but not knowing either of you i couldn't begin to comment on if this is a worthwhile investment

GL and Chin up

Chris
  • edited April 2010

Is that her next to you in your pic?

if yes then I wouldn't bother too much about it.

• edited April 2010
    So sad..... Normally when a girl says you don't respect her that implies there is a communication problem between you both and this is backed up by you saying you don't know why. You really need to speak to her like someone suggested if you want to keep her. But I could not agree more with Rich. QUIT poker for the time being. You could play your 'A' Game which is almost impossible to do when your an emotional wreck and even if you could when you receive a bad beat you will feel the whole world is against you and really it makes you want to cry. Get out go to the gym take up boxing or something maybe read a poker book to prepare to destroy the tables on your return.

Miyagi your soooo bad haha
  • edited April 2010
    how about getting your mates round for a few beers and a friendly game of poker.
    gives you something to focus on and a chance to build bridges with your mates.
  • edited April 2010
    self indulgance is what it is all about for the next few weeks mate. poker, beer, beer poker, chuck in a few loose women, clothes shoppin (if you are into that sort of things) , more beer more poker.
  • edited April 2010
    self indulgance is what it is all about for the next few weeks mate. poker, beer, beer poker, chuck in a few loose women, clothes shoppin (if you are into that sort of things) , more beer more poker.
    Posted by pod1

he'll be broke before he knows it lol
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by pod1
    lol great advice.....don't get depressed tho, n dnt chase her ffs.

I wrote a reply....and highlighted the clothes shopping thing, then realised it was a joke....it was a joke?.....?....???

Any feedback on timebomb? did u play? and how did it go?
  • edited April 2010
    if theres one thing ive learnt from playing on sky is that most women do not like you playing poker.

ive been in the same situation where ive been devoting more time to poker than the better half!!!!

like someone else said get your mates round for a game of poker maybe.
  • edited April 2010
    If you love her then forget about poker and try to win her back, there isn't much worse feelings than talking to someone while they are playing a game and just getting "what, er , yeah , no " answers Iv had many arguments and fallings out with my gf about poker in the past and had to give up playing the orfordable as it took up the whole evening If you think poker could be the reason she started to have these negative feelings then promise to keep the pc off while she is about etc Feel for you man , iv been in the same situation in the past and its a scary feeling after such a long relationship hope it all works out
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    Very good advice, if it was me then i would meet up with her and talk things through for a couple of hours so every1 knows where they stand.
    It does not get any easier the longer you are together though, i have been with my gf for five years and it was only the other night my girlfriend was so angry she almost broke all my screens when she read something DOHHHHHHH said in the chatbox lol.

By the way HuFlungPu i think turning off your computer is a step to far lol...i said i would do it if she stopped smoking around me :-)
  • edited April 2010

I remember talking to you in the chatbox Deuce, thats how I recruited you for team Dohhhh.....but have no idea what it was I said......Remind me! - if she aint around ;)

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Not on tilt but a Wreck : Very good advice, if it was me then i would meet up with her and talk things through for a couple of hours so every1 knows where they stand. It does not get any easier the longer you are together though, i have been with my gf for five years and it was only the other night my girlfriend was so angry she almost broke all my screens when she read something DOHHHHHHH said in the chatbox lol. By the way HuFlungPu i think turning off your computer is a step to far lol...i said i would do it if she stopped smoking around me :-)
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    lmao!! what did he say??? plz tell
  • edited April 2010
    as for the original poster! i know how u feel mate i was with my bird for over 3 years we were engaged and everything, i pretty much sacked off all my mates like a fool, then she left me for some other bloke!! i was gutted at the time obviously but it was the BEST thing to ever happen to me!! if your mates are true friends they will understand and they will take u back in a heartbeat (probably give ya some stick about it lol) ...u can play poker whenever u want, go out with the lads whenever u want. sleep with whoever u want!! its all good buddy u are only about 20-21 aint ya?? enjoy single life for a bit now! so man up! get out round the town! build ya bridges with ur mates! and get back on the poker tables!!
  • edited April 2010

I cant remember exactly...it was not that bad but something to do with her spreding her legs and a golf ball lol...i think she was more p1ssed off as she would of done the above but i was paying more intrest to my computer :-)
  • edited April 2010
    I cant remember exactly...it was not that bad but something to do with her spreding her legs and a golf ball lol...i think she was more p1ssed off as she would of done the above but i was paying more intrest to my computer :-)
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    who said romance was dead? Dohhhhhhhh u old charmer!!
  • edited April 2010

Ha!!! U gotta stand out from the crowd aint ya! but...Golf balls???

....Apologise to your good lady for me, and get her an account so she can join team DOHHHH.

I really don't know where the golf ball thing came from though, the other bit makes sense, but not the golf balls!!
  • edited April 2010
    Ha!!! U gotta stand out from the crowd aint ya! but...Golf balls??? ....Apologise to your good lady for me, and get her an account so she can join team DOHHHH. I really don't know where the golf ball thing came from though, the other bit makes sense, but not the golf balls!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    How about a tennis ball, im sure it was either that or a golf ball but im not 100% as i did have afew drinks by then..not as much as you mind! lol
  • edited April 2010
    Look mate, your a long time dead, so you need to enjoy yourself while your here. We all know what women are like, they aint happy if they aint moaning about something, if it aint the poker, it would be something else. Remember, there's plenty more fish in the sea, what you need to do is forget about her, paint the town red, and move someone else in that doesn't mind doing the housework, cooking your dinner, and handing you the beers, while your hard at it on the poker table, whilst watching the footy, form an orderly queue ladies!!
  • edited April 2010
    Look mate, your a long time dead, so you need to enjoy yourself while your here. We all know what women are like, they aint happy if they aint moaning about something, if it aint the poker, it would be something else. Remember, there's plenty more fish in the sea, what you need to do is forget about her, paint the town red, and move someone else in that doesn't mind doing the housework, cooking your dinner, and handing you the beers, while your hard at it on the poker table, whilst watching the footy, form an orderly queue ladies!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    lol, Men.. yeh i'll be over later.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Not on tilt but a Wreck : How about a tennis ball, im sure it was either that or a golf ball but im not 100% as i did have afew drinks by then..not as much as you mind! lol
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    Probably a ping pong ball. There's a famous scene in Candy Goes to Hollywood involving a ping pong ball!
  • edited April 2010
    I wasnt any kind of ball!!!! - Thats weird even for me!!!! --- Was rugby on when I said it?? ;)