You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Time for a break!

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
I hear people say when ya running bad its best to take a break from the tables and im definatly running bad which is making me play even worse lol so time to make the rest of the week poker free i think so i can come back hopefully fresh and playing better. 

Dont worry eagle i will be back on saturday so will be able to play the heads up game either then or any day after really.

Gl at the tables all 

Comments

• edited April 2010
    you not in tko rob
  • edited April 2010
    very wise sir, you will notice remarkable improvementsa on your game being able to do this also. Read a bit during breaks on strategy bankroll tilt etc.
  • edited April 2010
    Lol, I wish I could do that.  I say that I`m never playing again in my whole life.  That soon changes to `well I`m gonna have one BIG break`, which turns into `I`m gonna lay of the pokers for a couple weeks`, which turns into me logging on the very next day.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Time for a break!:
    Lol, I wish I could do that.  I say that I`m never playing again in my whole life.  That soon changes to `well I`m gonna have one BIG break`, which turns into `I`m gonna lay of the pokers for a couple weeks`, which turns into me logging on the very next day.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    AND that is what you SHOULD do,get back in the saddle,man up and get on with it.Variance plays a massive part in poker as we all know and NOBODY and i mean NOBODY should ever expect a bad run never to come.IMO just carry on playing ure usual game(as long as it has been a successful one) and things will turn.dav
  • edited April 2010
    All the best Rob - your a good player and will be winning again soon I'm sure
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Time for a break!:
    In Response to Re: Time for a break! : AND that is what you SHOULD do,get back in the saddle,man up and get on with it.Variance plays a massive part in poker as we all know and NOBODY and i mean NOBODY should ever expect a bad run never to come.IMO just carry on playing ure usual game(as long as it has been a successful one) and things will turn.dav
    Posted by dav1964

I do agree with you in principle dav, but the ability to play your usual game under these circumstances is easier said than done
  • edited May 2010
    Cheers for all the posts guys back today feeling good, doing the orford bankroll challenge with the remaining bankroll. Then heads up with eagle after the dohhh vs ozzie game not that im holding much hope for beating eagle heads up lol

Cheers again all gl at the tables
  • edited May 2010
    Can bring our game forward if u want to make sure u guys can get on before mastercash?
  • edited May 2010
    i still need my best of 7 heads up with eagle, i may be able to play later tonight eagle but unsure, pm me times you are available over the weekend/week and ill let you know mate
  • edited May 2010
    its ok mate i dont no if eagle has plans or anything so best keep it as it is. good luck tonight mate looking forward to your game 
  • edited May 2010

I think eagle wants to get on mastercash Rob thats why I said it....

And with last nights game taking an hour n half, ya never know.....u guys might not get on till half 8....

I can't see one of my games going over half an hour, even that would be a test for my patience!! He'll be around this afternoon probably, no worries sort it later
  • edited May 2010
    yeah well if eagle wants to im fine with it mate should be on here most of the day today so just let me no on here or pm me and let me no. i dont mind when we start.
  • edited May 2010
    good idea robc why not just play the freeroll sats you never know and it wont cost you a penny that way you still can play a little bit but take a break from the norm :)
  • edited May 2010
    head up  mate . been having a mare myself. this week just said f..k it, forget about results and just go back to enjoying it. still losing money mind, but it aint gettin to me now. you and i both know , it will turn round (even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut)