You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LIVE TOURNY QUALIFIERS

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys,
I understand the calls for Sky Poker to send players to the EPT's but, as we are a smaller site(at the moment), why, dont we look at the smaller uk tours ie gukpt etc, where the buyin is smaller and the qualification could be more in the means of the majority of Sky players.
I, for one, would welcome the oppourtunity to represent Sky Poker in uk tournaments, as this would be the next step in the development into bigger comps. What do other people think?

col

Comments

• edited July 2009
    +1 Col. Was trying to get in via Blue Sq, would be good if we could do this on Sky.

Dave
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to LIVE TOURNY QUALIFIERS:
    Hi Guys, I understand the calls for Sky Poker to send players to the EPT's but, as we are a smaller site(at the moment), why, dont we look at the smaller uk tours ie gukpt etc, where the buyin is smaller and the qualification could be more in the means of the majority of Sky players. I, for one, would welcome the oppourtunity to represent Sky Poker in uk tournaments, as this would be the next step in the development into bigger comps. What do other people think? col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Because other poker sites have an exclusive deal with GUKPT.
  • edited July 2009
    colin m8 gr8 idea there is quality plyers on here cmon sky wot a fab idea..
  • edited July 2009
    Yes  ... I did post somewhere about satellites for the EPT but it's lost i think, but your idea is great..

It would be good if some players here could play in these events !!

I'm off to Luton this coming week to play in the festival GUKPT Saturday 100 (freez) Wednesday (100 freez) and Thursday(100 freez)  + satellite' for the main event ...any result's in these and I'll enter that !!  

Of course if SKYPOKER want to put me in the Main Event............hello  !!.......what .!!......

I'll cut them a deal say  50/50 all returns and all publicity fee's waved , and free Interview's ! 

Now that's  fair Mr Suit !! I'll even wear tea-shirt and cap (Sky logo's) 

Bargain  ....hahahahaa

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: LIVE TOURNY QUALIFIERS:
    Yes  ... I did post somewhere about satellites for the EPT but it's lost i think, but your idea is great.. It would be good if some players here could play in these events !! I'm off to Luton this coming week to play in the festival GUKPT Saturday 100 (freez) Wednesday (100 freez) and Thursday(100 freez)  + satellite' for the main event ...any result's in these and I'll enter that !!   Of course if SKYPOKER want to put me in the Main Event............hello  !!.......what .!!...... I'll cut them a deal say  50/50 all returns and all publicity fee's waved , and free Interview's !  Now that's  fair Mr Suit !! I'll even wear tea-shirt and cap (Sky logo's)    Bargain  ....hahahahaa
    Posted by bennydip2
    lol tht pic m8 is so shane McGowan from the pogues
  • edited July 2009
    GOOD SHOUT.... EVEN IF ITS NOT AS BIG AS THE GUKPT... U COULD POSSIBLY DO SOME KIND OF REGIONALS FOR EACH AREA... THEN A NATIONAL.. LIKE A SOUTHERN/MIDLANDS/NORTH ETC... PLAYERS PLAY IN THERE REPESCTIVE AREAS.... THEN GO TO A NATIONAL FINAL SAY LONDON OR SOMWHERE... JUST AN IDEA ;-)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to LIVE TOURNY QUALIFIERS : Because other poker sites have an exclusive deal with GUKPT.
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi Scotty,
    I know what you mean mate, but there is nothing stopping Sky from backing players into any comp, as all they would be doing is stumping up the money and a bit of Sky Poker kit to wear, and some accommodation.
    col
    Maybe Rich can confirm this(not that it will happen,Theoretically)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: LIVE TOURNY QUALIFIERS : lol tht pic m8 is so shane McGowan from the pogues
    Posted by razorkev

ah ahh
     My  ol mate Shane ...heheheeeeeeeeeee  yes thats him !!....ive some more i'll post as we go along /> If you read some of the X files .. you'll see he gets a mention in some of the stories (discretely hidden mind) shushhh !!