You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you prefer Liverpool?

edited May 2010 in The Shed
Would you prefer to finish fourth or give Man u a chance to win the league ?

Although i think that Liverpool will try their hardest against Chelsea...what would Liverpool supporters out there rather do ?

Win fourth or stop Man u ?

Heard something funny on the radio today...

LIVERPOOL TEAM TO FACE CHELSEA THIS SUNDAY........

Ken Dodd
Jimmy Tarbuck
Spit the dog
Bob Carolgees
Cilla Black
Sonia
Yosser Hughes
Stan Boardman
Derek Hatton
Ricky Tomlinson
Lucas

lol

So what would you rather do?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Beat Chelsea.

The league isnt going to end ever so someone is bound to overtake Liverpool in titles sometime, think it is better we try and qualify for the champions league to maybe stand a chance of getting money next season and do something constructive so we can get 19 titles.

It is a shame it is Man U though
  • edited April 2010
    i want liverpool 2 beat chealsea, just so i don`t get a phone call off mother in law plus wife is a man utd supporter so basically i`m in a no-win situation lol
  • edited April 2010

I hate man united, fergie is a clown, hes been spoon fed brilliant players by whoever managed the youth team.

He doesnt do anything.

Hes old

Past it

And so is his team

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee chelsea turn up on sunday and win the league.

I cannot standdddddd these arrogant mancs with cornish accents!

DrogbA ftw !!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What would you prefer Liverpool?:
    I hate man united, fergie is a clown, hes been spoon fed brilliant players by whoever managed the youth team. He doesnt do anything. Hes old Past it And so is his team Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee chelsea turn up on sunday and win the league. I cannot standdddddd these arrogant mancs with cornish accents! DrogbA ftw !!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    if you live down sarf its just as annoying hearing people from worthing(thats near brighton m8) with normally poshish south coast voices suddenly have  to go all jellied eels and delboy as soon as the have to say chelseeeea
  • edited April 2010
    stupid question
  • edited April 2010
    chelsea will beat liverpool weather they play their best or not
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What would you prefer Liverpool? :   OH I dont know, Lucas gets my vote
    Posted by -TARAS-
    get rid off both sonia and lucas
  • edited April 2010
    I went for HAMMER Chelsea !!

I also wanted to vote for Sunderland to score in the 90th minute to equalize lol

The script is written for flopabobotov to score the winner !!
  • edited May 2010
    If the scoreline stays like this......and Chelsea win by that 1 gift of a goal from Mr Liverpool, theres gonna be some very very upset, paranoid Manchester United fans in Cornwall !!!

Oooops as I say that, Lampard scores the 2nd.....

Shudda had a Palace/Chelsea double :)

• edited May 2010
    So scouser gerrard sets up drogba nicely

Then scouser carragher suddenly has an injury and cant run to cover lampard.

hmmmmmm

Oh well cmon wigan!!!
  • edited May 2010
    OMG Gerrard! 

Ah well, atleast they looked amazing in the chinese Carlsberg shirts. I wish they had them from the start of the season.
  • edited May 2010
    Today was disappointing for me cos Liverpool lost but i would not have blamed Gerrard anyway.

Chelsea beat us, We lost against Burnley, We drew against Blackburn and wasted chances and dropped points all over..

Its not one game that wins titles or relegation (which Liverpool might avoid next year if their lucky lol) so not to worry. Chelsea deserve what they get this season just like the useless has been scouser losers.

Might not win it this year but i bet Man U will win one before Liverpool, in fact i will go so far as to say that Liverpool will never win one again lololol.
  • edited May 2010
    MAN UNITED SUPPORTERS CLUB FOR DEVON AND CORNWALL.....150 MEMBERS.

LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS CLUB FOR CORNWALL.....1270 MEMBERS AND THEY TOOK 250 MEMBERS TO ONE GAME ALONE !!!!!!!!!

LOOK IT UP THEN HOPEFULLY SHUT UP LOL
  • edited May 2010
    Haha I cant believe you looked that up. - The supporters club stat is nonsense, the figures you quote are miniscule, and are probably 90% genuine Mancs and Scoucers. 

What about the thousands of fans who head to the boozer each weekend in their United shirts, I've been to Old Trafford twice, and thats probably twice more than them.

Man United played Donny at the keepmoat in a pre season game 2 years ago, 7/8 of my mates went (United 'fans'). Half way through this season I asked them when was the last time they saw Unted play? - They answered "when we went with you to watch Donny"

Dear dear dear

• edited May 2010
    I hate man united, fergie is a clown, hes been spoon fed brilliant players by whoever managed the youth team. He doesnt do anything. Hes old Past it And so is his team Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee chelsea turn up on sunday and win the league. I cannot standdddddd these arrogant mancs with cornish accents! DrogbA ftw !!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I have to say regardless of what Man U do or don't do, this is totally hilarious. If it came from anyone barring a Man City/Chelsea fan, I could at least see your point. But when your clubs entire success is based on the billions of a Russian oligarch, you truly cannot say anything about being spoonfed players. I'm praying this is just a troll from you, doh. :)

Man City and Chelsea were both nothing clubs before being bankrolled up. Ferguson has built United up- sure, they had a decent base, but look at the 80's- Liverpool were dominating everything. Then after Ferguson took over, within a few years he started turning them into the biggest club in English football once again, and is responsible for managing and getting the best out of youngsters- don't underestimate his power as a manager. I give Wenger the same credit for managing youngsters- sure, you have to have the talent to work with- but he contributes a vast amount to making these youngsters truly fulfill their potential. He has a simple but effective policy which keeps young players constantly coming through the ranks, pushing players out on loan to get experience, and keeping a core team which ages and progresses together- and once they start to get too old, he is quite happy and capable of entirely rebuilding the team from the foundations.

Slate Ferguson for his mannerisms by all means, I actually don't enjoy some of his post match blindness. But please, don't insult him as a manager- because it's entirely groundless, and quite like saying Phil Ivey sucks as a poker player because you don't like him as a person. Their record speaks for itself.

• edited May 2010

Ima Doncaster Rovers fan......
  • edited May 2010
    ah ok lol, fair enough. Point still stands though- if your problem with Ferguson is the spoonfed aspect, Chelsea are truly no better... in fact, substantially worse, in my opinion.
  • edited May 2010

Yeh I agree Chelsea were as bad a few yea ago, but the premiership needed something like that to happen - to get the best players to come here - There money has dried up though? has he lost intrest?

Fergie has proved the past 18 months that he is past it. He sold Ronaldo for a fortune. He re-invested abit in Valencia, who has been a "good" buy. He also signed Owen. These 2 signings were supposed to replace the impact Ronaldo had last season?

He had 5 strikers at the start of he season...

Rooney

Berbatov - terrible last year, and has proved to be again

Owen - Huge odds on to miss most of the season - and this has proved to be the case,

Macheda - Untried, untested, 1 hit wonder, made no impact at all.

Wellbeck - Sent out to play for Preston.

Any half decent, reliable striker to help Rooney out and United wud have won the league again, even in January he failed to recognise fow flimsy his front line was, he has 90m to play with, even if he signed someone like Kevin Phillips, for 500k, and paid him on a pay as u play contract....

How stupid has he been? He said at the start of the season he refused to pay the silly money that clubs are asking for......continued to be stubborn in January...Surely its his job to worry about his team, not the books....

Rooney got injured, and they're fooooked - (He actually had an unbelievable season himself, probably one of the best, if not the best he will ever have, imagine if he was average-for his own standards I mean...)

I don't buy into the "1 man team" argument ever, but you gotta wonder where they would be without Roney, praying he carries it through the summer....

Mourinho is fast becoming a legend, many will say he already is.....his success at Chelsea was largely down to being spoon fed, but his achievements before and after, have proved he aint a 1 trick pony.

Fergie was brilliant through the 90's in what he did, how he did it, he shud have retired when he said he was going to, and enjoyed his retirement and his racehorses.
  • edited May 2010
    Mourinho is a phenomenal manager, absolutely no question. As a motivator, strategist and politician he's almost beyond compare- I don't always like the way he does it, but you can't argue with his results, he is dead on. For me he is one of the 4 best managers in the world right now- alongside Guardiola, Ferguson and Wenger, all for different reasons. Of those only Ferguson and Mourinho have the true long term achievements to back that up, but I love Guardiola's style, Barcelona are simply an amazing team to watch.

Has Ferguson lost it? I don't think so. I think the problem is a lot more fundamental than that- it's not that he hasn't bought players (strikers) it's that he CAN'T. He hasn't got the funds available, I believe. Ferguson knows better than anybody the importance of having 4 fully fit and competent strikers, Berbatov has been disappointing, Owen has chipped in with goals but everyone knew he was a longshot- but for a free transfer, that's what you expect. Macheda as you said- 1 hit wonder so far, but I think he has great potential. Valencia was a great buy who will prove extremely dangerous in conjunction with Nani- with another striker his value would have been a lot more pronounced. United have been over-reliant on Rooney which is an issue, but I don't believe Ferguson has the funds from the Glazers to procure the players he'd love to- because United are a big striker away from being a killer team once more.

I don't believe Ferguson will ever lose his ability as a manager- he knows what it takes to win, and has as much desire as ever. He's won 3 league titles and a CL in the last 3 years, and in this season- where United have been 'disappointing', he's 1 point away from first with a game to play and won the carling cup. By most standards, that's far from a bad season, regardless of how United have played. I'm praying to see him have the funds available to truly take part in the transfer window
  • edited May 2010
    Yeh I agree Chelsea were as bad a few yea ago, but the premiership needed something like that to happen - to get the best players to come here - There money has dried up though? has he lost intrest? Fergie has proved the past 18 months that he is past it. He sold Ronaldo for a fortune. He re-invested abit in Valencia, who has been a "good" buy. He also vable se...........................................
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

LOL ................................... BLAH BLAH