You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dodgy skypoker

edited May 2010 in Area 51
just been on a £50 double table and a player had 3 pocket pairs on trot i pushed wi 9s he had kings theres too many dodgy hands on this site compared to other sites, wonder what odds are for 3 pocket pairs on the trot, that dont happen in live play dodgy or what

Comments

• edited April 2010

If its possible, it will happen sometimes - someone would have been dealt 10 pps in a row once...

Btw u say i paid £50 to play?? These sorta posts are from people buying in for like 2 quid,.....

I look forward to playing u sumtimes, u play cash? ;)
  • edited April 2010
    dont think al be playing on this site much as theres too many dodgy hands its as if sky wants the game over so they can make money on other buy ins i paid £55 buy in and sky get £5 of that very dodgy
  • edited April 2010
    infact last week on channel 4s coverage of the WSOPE, Doyle Bruson had pocket pairs 3 hands in a row, and won everytime. This included hitting a two outer with 9s Vs. Kings. It happens. You've got to realise we are playing alot more hands over a shorter period of time online, so you will notice these things more.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to dodgy skypoker:
    just been on a £50 double table and a player had 3 pocket pairs on trot i pushed wi 9s he had kings theres too many dodgy hands on this site compared to other sites, wonder what odds are for 3 pocket pairs on the trot, that dont happen in live play dodgy or what
    Posted by SHENNY75

was this players name :

phil12uk !
  • edited April 2010
    It is about 3375/1 which a lot less than someone getting 6 numbers on the Lotto so if it never happened then maybe you could say it was rigged! It must happen in live poker but if it does not go to a showdown you would never know!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: dodgy skypoker:
    In Response to dodgy skypoker :   was this players name : phil12uk !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    OI!!!!!!!!!!!!

When HuFlung is fit and walking, I will be calling upon his services as my lawyer whenI sue u for horrendous libel ;)
  • edited April 2010
    infact last week on channel 4s coverage of the WSOPE, Doyle Bruson had pocket pairs 3 hands in a row, and won everytime. This included hitting a two outer with 9s Vs. Kings. It happens. You've got to realise we are playing alot more hands over a shorter period of time online, so you will notice these things more.
    Posted by SNOWY37
    Live poker is definitely ri gged though ;)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to dodgy skypoker:
    Posted by SHENNY75
    Dude, I've been dealt three or four pocket pairs in a row in a live game on a number of occasions.  The odds of getting three PP's on the trot is 4096:1 I believe.  It may sound like a big number but if you play enough you'll easy cover enough hands for this to happen again and again.

Good luck at the tables :)
  • edited April 2010
    try 10 tabling. you get a pocket pair EVERY hand
  • edited April 2010
    If its possible, it will happen sometimes - someone would have been dealt 10 pps in a row once... Btw u say i paid £50 to play?? These sorta posts are from people buying in for like 2 quid,..... I look forward to playing u sumtimes, u play cash? ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Is it possible to be dealt 11 pps in a row?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: dodgy skypoker : Live poker is definitely ri gged though ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    yes this is true and also a message to SHENNY ,sky poker is out to get you man if i was you i would scarper pronto.lol dav
  • edited April 2010
    The only thing dodgy here is pushing with pocket nines lol.

Off to area 51 my friend - They Need You!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BROON777 Small blind  10.00 10.00 2070.00
    gazza350 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
      Your hole cards

Dazler Raise  80.00 110.00 1920.00
    craigscriv Fold     
    BOBBYBOY1 Fold     
    ozzieaus18 Raise  240.00 350.00 1720.00
    BROON777 Fold     
    gazza350 Fold     
    Dazler Call  160.00 510.00 1760.00
    Flop

• Q

Dazler Bet  255.00 765.00 1505.00
    ozzieaus18 Call  255.00 1020.00 1465.00
    Turn

Dazler All-in  1505.00 2525.00 0.00
    ozzieaus18 All-in  1465.00 3990.00 0.00
    Dazler Unmatched bet  40.00 3950.00 40.00
    Dazler Show

ozzieaus18 Show
    • J
    • J

River

• J

ozzieaus18 Win Three Jacks 3950.00  3950.00
    DONT EVEN GO THERE PUSHIN WITH POCKET 9S LOL
  • edited April 2010
    Its not actually happening three hands on the trot. Yes it is for you, but not for the site, you will probably find your hands are hundreds apart, if you went live as you say and there were hundreds of tables, pairs would be comming all of the time, i think you need to take a reality check, and realise you cant win all the time and yes, it is just random cards and odds.
  • edited April 2010
    Last week, live i was dealt AK 4 out of 5 hands I have in the past also in live play had AA AA KK in consecutive hands so trust me these things do happen live and online, the more you play the more extremes you get to see. I have also been beaten by someone hitting a one outer live. In that same game i had my JJ beat AA and KK

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • edited April 2010
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance BROON777 Small blind   10.00 10.00 2070.00 gazza350 Big blind   20.00 30.00 1980.00   Your hole cards 10 10       Dazler Raise   80.00 110.00 1920.00 craigscriv Fold         BOBBYBOY1 Fold         ozzieaus18 Raise   240.00 350.00 1720.00 BROON777 Fold         gazza350 Fold         Dazler Call   160.00 510.00 1760.00 Flop     8 Q 4       Dazler Bet   255.00 765.00 1505.00 ozzieaus18 Call   255.00 1020.00 1465.00 Turn     10       Dazler All-in   1505.00 2525.00 0.00 ozzieaus18 All-in   1465.00 3990.00 0.00 Dazler Unmatched bet   40.00 3950.00 40.00 Dazler Show 10 10       ozzieaus18 Show J J       River     J       ozzieaus18 Win Three Jacks 3950.00   3950.00 DONT EVEN GO THERE PUSHIN WITH POCKET 9S LOL
    Posted by Dazler
    ul m8
  • edited April 2010

Live play, cash game, blackpool,

I'm Dealt KK - Which quads up

Im dealt AA - Which hits a set and the other player in the pot holds the Case Ace

Im Dealt AK - Which Flops a Straight

all very unlikely things to happen but these hands were one after another in LIVE play

The odds reset every hand so your as likley to get a pocket pair on each deal as the last - Sky don't need your game to finish so they can start another one, they have already loaded another into the lobby when yours began so explain to me again WHAT IS THE POINT OF FIXING IT????

• edited May 2010
    Live play, cash game, blackpool, I'm Dealt KK - Which quads up Im dealt AA - Which hits a set and the other player in the pot holds the Case Ace Im Dealt AK - Which Flops a Straight all very unlikely things to happen but these hands were one after another in LIVE play The odds reset every hand so your as likley to get a pocket pair on each deal as the last - Sky don't need your game to finish so they can start another one, they have already loaded another into the lobby when yours began so explain to me again WHAT IS THE POINT OF FIXING IT????
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    to get more money out of the players when they lose on one table they join another one then sky get there money
  • edited May 2010
    Live play, cash game, blackpool, I'm Dealt KK - Which quads up Im dealt AA - Which hits a set and the other player in the pot holds the Case Ace Im Dealt AK - Which Flops a Straight all very unlikely things to happen but these hands were one after another in LIVE play The odds reset every hand so your as likley to get a pocket pair on each deal as the last - Sky don't need your game to finish so they can start another one, they have already loaded another into the lobby when yours began so explain to me again WHAT IS THE POINT OF FIXING IT????
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

it would stop all the best players taking all the weaker players money...
  • edited May 2010
    I was just in a dym and every player had pocket kings!

dodgy
  • edited May 2010
    I was just in a dym and every player had pocket kings! dodgy
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Was this one of your money-laundering HU games with Pu ?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: dodgy skypoker : Was this one of your money-laundering HU games with Pu ?
    Posted by elsadog
    :O

Tuesdays are laundry days.
  • edited May 2010
    I haven't visited the wierd and wonderful area 51 in ahwhile forgot how funny it can be lol

I think i can clear up the mystery here, the player you was playing against probably went by the name Mr_Miyagi and he does this very sneaky thing where he prays to the skypoker god (goes by the name acebarry) for aces. now to avoid suspicion he obviously cant give him aces every hand so sometimes he will give some a smaller pocket pair and miyagi KK. 

If you don't believe me visit some of the orfordable threads in the tournament section. 

The secret is out Miyagi be afraid ;)
  • edited May 2010
    I haven't visited the wierd and wonderful area 51 in ahwhile forgot how funny it can be lol  I think i can clear up the mystery here, the player you was playing against probably went by the name Mr_Miyagi and he does this very sneaky thing where he prays to the skypoker god (goes by the name acebarry) for aces. now to avoid suspicion he obviously cant give him aces every hand so sometimes he will give some a smaller pocket pair and miyagi KK.   If you don't believe me visit some of the orfordable threads in the tournament section.   The secret is out Miyagi be afraid ;)
    Posted by robc
    ..... I am not usually into making threats, however you better delete your reply within the next few minutes before anyone see's or I will use my contacts to make sure you only ever get dealt 72 off suit for the rest of your life.
  • edited May 2010
    ..........72 is the nuts on skypoker its fixed so hahaha try harder karate man 

• edited May 2010
    ok, I have spoken to Barry.

you will be getting AQ from now on until you remove these slanderous messages.
  • edited May 2010
    ok, I have spoken to Barry. you will be getting AQ from now on until you remove these slanderous messages.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi

Look here is all the proof you need from the karate man's mouth!

this is the poker god i was telling you about shenny!! i think you have had a lucky escape from here!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: dodgy skypoker : Look here is all the proof you need from the karate man's mouth!  this is the poker god i was telling you about shenny!! i think you have had a lucky escape from here!
    Posted by robc
    Oh dear!

Right thats it, from now on your only getting 1 card, and most of the time it will be the Jack of diamonds!

and I think we are going to have you chat banned too.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: dodgy skypoker : to get more money out of the players when they lose on one table they join another one then sky get there money
    Posted by SHENNY75
    And if they don't fix it then you stay on the same table and they still get their 5% of each pot your in so again..... WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT???????
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: dodgy skypoker : it would stop all the best players taking all the weaker players money...
    Posted by djblacke04
    The best players do take the weaker players money in the long run, however the short term variance which allows them to intermittently win big pots with their bad play keeps them interested and keeps them depositing. This is the food chain of all poker.

Don't believe me then take a look at the higher tables, players like lolufold, AJS, LjamesL etc etc all make a fortune as they are BETTER not LUCKIER than other players - But you'll still see them lose pots worth hundreds when they are ahead.

This is not a fix, it is the nature of the game. If you can't accept that you wil llose when ahead, you will win when behind and sometimes you will go on extended bad runs then you shouldn't play. As you've seen on your other thread djblacke, you have been told time and again that although ahead in some of your post's it's YOUR play that has led to a lot of the situations you have ended up in. Why not work on that instead of proclaiming the site a fix???? The luck is no better and no worse here than elsewhere. Heres some points for you to ponder - A company as big as Sky could not afford to be caught up in betting scams could they ? - In comparison to money made from their other business then poker is small potatoes to this corporation so why would they bother? Would you risk your reputation as a multi billion dollor company to rip off a few poker players if you were Sky?