You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad Beat Freeroll

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Hey Sky - In light of the many bad beats we keep hearing about - do you think it would be a good idea to have a "Bad Beat Freeroll" Maybe once a Month?

Lets face it guys, we all spend a lot of money entering these tourneys, only to be knocked out by a bad beat.

Lets Make some Rules:

Pocket Pairs:
AA, KK, QQ JJ,
If you are all-in pre flop and get beat by a better hand.
Trips:
1010, 99, 88, 77,66, 55. 44, 33, 22 If you bet pre-flop and hit trips and get beat by a better hand.
Straights:
If you hit a straight on the flop and and then get beat by a better straight
If you hit a straight and then get beat by a flush
Flush
If you hit a flush on the flop and then get beat by a better flush
If you hit a flush and then get beat by a better hand
Full House
If you hit a full house on the flop and the get beat by a better full house
If you hit a full house and then get beat by a better hand
Quads
If you hit quads on the flop and then get beat by a bigger quad (Unlikely Lol)
If you hit quads and then get beat by a better hand (Still Unlikely)
Royal Flush
Well if you post a royal fush you deserve a reward, so why not an entry into the freeroll.

Entries would only be accepted once you have posted your hand in an official bad beats freeroll thread along with the game/hand ID number.

I am sure there are many other variations of "Bad Beats" but if you post your hand in the bad beats freeroll thread and it is considered to be good enough for an entry (At Sky's Descretion) then that would be acceptable.

Well - What do you think guys?

Do we deserve a little something after spending our hard earned cash just to get a bad beat?

Comments

• edited April 2010

Great idea but you would need to increase field size to 10,000+ lol

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Beat Freeroll:
    Great idea but you would need to increase field size to 10,000+ lol
    Posted by belsibub
    Your right - I get that many every month just by myself - But I'm afraid only one free entry per player per month - Just to make it fair lol
  • edited April 2010
    OK - So who voted I am just trying to console myself? I have fealings you know.
  • edited April 2010
    Trev, your idea is basically sound. Except that it rewards bad play... and people would complain about being dealt pocket Aces or Kings... and than winning with them (thus robbing them of the chance to win a bad beat jackpot). You just can't discriminate against people getting their money in ahead – and winning with a legitimate hand. It would make a farce of the game we all love/hate/play regardless.

Or would it? Give me a minute... I need to think about this further...

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Beat Freeroll:
    Trev, your idea is basically sound. Except that it rewards bad play... and people would complain about being dealt pocket Aces or Kings... and than winning with them (thus robbing them of the chance to win a bad beat jackpot). You just can't discriminate against people getting their money in ahead – and winning with a legitimate hand. It would make a farce of the game we all love/hate/play regardless. Or would it? Give me a minute... I need to think about this further...
    Posted by FlutNush
    Lol Flutnush - I agree if I go in ahead and win then I don't deserve to be in the bad beat freeroll - But if I go in ahead and get sucked out by a bad beat, then I want a consolation prize for throwing my hard earned cash down the swaney river lol.

When anyone posts a bad beat its usually "Keep your chin up m8y"  so what better way to keep someones chin up after a frustrating day on the tables.
  • edited April 2010
    Haha, everybody on the site would qualify.

Maybe there should also be a special prize awarded for the best bad beat in the bad beat freeroll, the winner to be chosen by a panel of bad beat experts from Area 51. Has anybody got a suggestion for a suitable prize?
  • edited April 2010
    Great idea PokerTrev i would be in every bad beat freeroll lol but what if you get a bad beat in the bad beat freeroll? :)