You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Well Thank You, Bernie Ecclestone

edited April 2010 in The Shed
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8651303.stm

His insistence on Silverstone "improving" their facilities has just rid some of the more traditional aspects of the circuit which I really don't like.

The new circuit layout means the "Bridge" corner - which used to be a great challenge to the driver in previous years - is no longer part of the circuit, and for next seasons race they're going to build a completely new pit complex and put it at the other end of the circuit after "Club" corner, which is another thing I don't like. I love watching the winning car appear around Woodcote to cross the line, and I love watching the cars funnel through Copse, Maggots and Becketts 2 or 3 abreast at high speed, which after this year we'll never get to see again.

The only small positive I can see is that there may be more opportunity to overtake going into Brooklands after the somwhat ghastly-looking second straight, but it will be tough to get a good run out of the two left handers that immediately precede it I think.