You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (1st/2nd)

edited May 2010 in The Shed
Right, doing this a little earlier than normal today cos the missus is out tonight so I've got free reign on the tables without the nagging (assuming little 'un stays asleep of course!). Not that I'm under the thumb or anything, I just know who wears the trousers in my house, lol.

We're fast approaching the end of the season (last games in the Championship this weekend) & with most things already settled it's getting really difficult to find some decent value without worrying about the reserves turning out. 

Just the one acca for me this weekend & hopefully I can continue from last weekend with another winning combo.

Millwall to beat Tranmere (A) @ 10/11
Huddersfield to beat Colchester (H) @ 8/11
Aldershot to beat Lincoln (H) @ 4/9
Blackpool to beat Bristol City (H) @ 1/2 (Sunday game)
Swansea to beat Doncaster (H) @ 8/15 (also Sunday)

These 4 are currently paying 9/1

Millwall is one of two slightly risky picks for me this week (Blackpool being the other) simply because they're away from the den. Tranmere currently occupy the last relegation spot & as most of us have found out this season they're capable of springing a surprise at Prenton park. Having said all that, with Millwall being within reach of Leeds in 2nd spot this is the perfect opportunity for them to try & overtake them (Leeds have a tricky game away to Charlton). Millwall have only lost once home or away in the last 12 & that came at the hands of Huddersfield a couple of weeks ago. I fancy it to be close but I think they'll nick it.
Huddersfield have very little to play for now but they're guaranteed a play off spot & will want to go into those games in good form. The terriers have won 5 & lost 1 of their last 6 home & away & have only lost once at the Galpharm all season (against champions Norwich). For a long time Colchester were in a good position to get into the play offs themselves but hit bad form at the wrong time. They've only won once in their last 12 home & away & have lost their last 6 on the road.
Aldershot are currently in a play off position but the race is on for the places. There are currently 8 teams fighting for 4 places (although in reality Rotherham have all but secured their place). Aldershot are strong at home & are up against a Lincoln side who not only have nothing to play for but have been poor away from Sincil Bank with only 4 wins from 22 all season. Depending on results elsewhere, 3 points here should just about secure Aldershots place.
For me, Blackpool along with Leicester have been the surprise teams in the Championship this season. They snuck into the last play off place last weekend with a narrow win at relegated Peterborough & 3 points in their last game of the season will keep them there. Blackpool have one the best home records in the division this year with only 4 defeats at Bloomfield Road including victories against Newcastle, Forest & a total spanking of play off contenders Swansea.
Swansea are the only team that can overtake Blackpool for a play off spot & having lost their hold on 6th spot last weekend when they went down against Sheffield Utd, they absolutely must take 3 points at home to Donny. The Swans haven't lost too many at the Liberty Stadium (3 to be precise) & although I think it'll be a nervy game Swansea should have enough in them to take the points & give themselves hope in case Blackpool should slip up. A draw's no good to Swansea cos even if Blackpool were to lose, the Swans have a far worse goal difference.

Good luck with all your bets this weekend

Jay

Comments